Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I’ve got to take a break.

Started by FANONTHEHILL, October 09, 2017, 07:00:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

October 09, 2017, 07:00:20 pm Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:42:53 pm by FANONTHEHILL
Hey everyone.  I want everyone to know that as a fan, I share every bit of frustration with what's going on.  As a parent of a player, it's best for me to step away until things settle down.  Please know that the team is still together and are working hard.  I have no idea of any staff or philosophy changes being put into place at this time and would neither confirm or deny them if I did. I won't be posting for a while, but I will be reading everyone's comments.  These are good kids and the coaches are good men.  You may not like the product on the field, but I know they don't either.  Whatever things look like when the dust settles, I will always love the Razorbacks and appreciate the dialog we share on this board. Go Hogs!
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boardon Hamsay

Understandable, man. Take care and best wishes to you and yours!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

grayhawg

We will be waiting on you to return.

jgphillips3

hog.goblin

WPS to you and your son.  It's a difficult time, but it's always good to be a Hog

PorkSoda

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 09, 2017, 07:00:20 pm
Hey everyone.  I want everyone to know that as a fan, I share every bit of frustration with what's going on.  As a parent of a player, it's best for me to step away until things settle down.  Please know that the team is still together and are working hard.  I have no idea of any staff or philosophy changes being out into place at this time.  I won't be posting for a whule, but I will be reading everyone's comments.  These are good kids and the coaches are good men.  You may not like the product on the field, but I'm know they don't either.  Whatever things look like when the dust settles, I will always love the Razorbacks and appreciate the dialog we share on this board. Go Hogs!
thanks for posting your experiences here, I know a lot of us have appreciated the perspective you bring.

hopefully they will get things figured out inside the program and get over the hump.  I can't pretend to know what they should do, but I have no doubt they are doing their best. 

As tough as things seem right now, this too, will pass.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rzrbk4life

I've always appreciated your insight FOTH. We'll see you around
Let's call those hogs!!!!

ricepig

I appreciate everything you brought to HV and fully understand the break. Good luck to both of your boys, enjoy their seasons.

rzrbackramsfan

... you can't leave Hogville, you're already hooked. 

Ironhawg

Thank you for your insights.  Good luck to you and yours.  Glad you're going to still be lurking.

hoglady

Thank you for all your wonderful posts - they are greatly appreciated.

I know it's kind of rough in here right now.
But I hope you know that those of us who think it's time for Bielema to go - love the program and love every kid who puts on a Razorback uniform. I hope the team realizes the fans still support the players.

Look forward to your return.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

247Hog

Enjoy your post. Please let your son know that we do appreciate them and proud of what they're trying to do. We know how good the players can be that we have and frustration isn't directed at them.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

FutureMan

FOTH, you will be missed.  Thank you as always for the insightful, thoughtful posts.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Bebop

I don't blame the players one bit. They have my full support. I don't think, however, they are being put in the best position to succeed. Thanks for posting.

thebignasty

I am loosely aquainted with family members of a few players, and even that loose association makes this place suck sometimed. Couldn't imagine sticking my head in here with my kid on the team.

Enjoy the season. Thanks for putting up with this place and sharing your thoughts.

presidenthog

I like Bret as a guy. It's just time to move on from him.

swineology

Thanks for your insight FOTH . I'm extremely close to another Razorback Dad and I understand what your dealing with.
Bad or good, we are always Razorback strong!

WPS!

Porked Tongue

Hey everyone.  I want everyone to know that as a fan, I share every bit of frustration with what's going on.  As a parent of a player, it's best for me to step away until things settle down.  Please know that the team is still together and are working hard.  I have no idea of any staff or philosophy changes being put into place at this time and would neither confirm or deny them if I did. I won't be posting for a while, but I will be reading everyone's comments.  These are good kids and the coaches are good men.  You may not like the product on the field, but I know they don't either.  Whatever things look like when the dust settles, I will always love the Razorbacks and appreciate the dialog we share on this board. Go Hogs!

jneal56

There isn't anyone in the Razorback Nation who is happy about what is going on. Not even the haters of CBB and JL. I stated in another thread and I think most folks feel this way as well, the players are giving their all every day in practice and on the field. Regardless of what anyone says, these guys want to win every game. I hear on the radio shows and read on here "they didn't want to win" or "they didn't want it bad enough". That's all crap. So is the we don't have the talent to compete rubbish. What wins football games more times than not is effective game planning, execution, technique and schemes. I don't know the answer to our problems but is lies somewhere in any combination of those 4. I believe the coaches are working extremely hard and doing everything that they believe will win ball games. They don't make it that level without being that way.

I know other than the losing of games, the things that irk me the most about our team is mainly CBB talking about his past accomplishments in a conference that nobody in Arkansas or the SEC cares about. Nor do I like to hear the sunshine pumping. I was worried about the o-line the last couple of years when we continuously were getting stuffed in short yardage. Enos and company were able to bail us out of the spotty line play because teams were still afraid of our run game and we had a couple of receivers who took advantage of most every opportunity they had. The play action no longer freezes anyone. Yet we continue to waste 2 seconds sometimes 3 in the passing game on it. Yeah I know it's supposed be our bread and butter but sometimes you got to use margarine when the butter has turned man!!!!!
"At least we are moral"

(notOM)Rebel123

Please understand the frustration is not directed at the players. They are doing their best and we greatly appreciate the tremendous effort they put into being a Razorback.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The NewEra

I'm hoping for an amicable divorce.  The kids are great and the coaches are fine people.  It's just not working out and I have little faith it will.  It's a smart move for you to go silent for a while with a son in the program.  Let the players know we care deeply for them.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 09, 2017, 08:34:24 pm
Please understand the frustration is not directed at the players. They are doing their best and we greatly appreciate the tremendous effort they put into being a Razorback.

hobhog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 09, 2017, 08:34:24 pm

Yes, but The juvinelle name calling and adjectives of coach and Long make it hard to read. No objectivity, just ugly name calling saying they should be fired. Over and over. Sad world of social media.

RazorPiggie

Redhogs

Quote from: thebignasty on October 09, 2017, 07:47:05 pm
I am loosely aquainted with family members of a few players, and even that loose association makes this place suck sometimed. Couldn't imagine sticking my head in here with my kid on the team.

Enjoy the season. Thanks for putting up with this place and sharing your thoughts.
I don't understand why posters like you demean this site and read and post on it..just go away if it's so hard to take, why aggravate yourself?  Very hypocritical.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Redhogs on October 10, 2017, 08:17:33 am
I don't understand why posters like you demean this site and read and post on it..just go away if it's so hard to take, why aggravate yourself?  Very hypocritical.

Dude just thank FOTH and leave it at that.

HognotinMemphis

I'm sure they are all good men but sometimes people fail. Bielema is definitely failing at his highly compensated job. Best wishes to him, his assistants, and to the players for the future.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Redhogs

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 10, 2017, 08:19:28 am
Dude just thank FOTH and leave it at that.
Dude..Don't tell me what to do, say, or think...I thank all posters on this site, that what makes it fun, I agree and disagree all the time, but get tied of of those who slam Hogville but continue to use it...that too is voicing an opinion.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Redhogs on October 10, 2017, 08:30:24 am
Dude..Don't tell me what to do, say, or think...I thank all posters on this site, that what makes it fun, I agree and disagree all the time, but get tied of of those who slam Hogville but continue to use it...that too is voicing an opinion.
This site is alot like going to the mailbox, theres some things you want when you get there but you have to sort through the junk to get it.

AirWarren

Quote from: hobhog on October 10, 2017, 08:06:40 am
Yes, but The juvinelle name calling and adjectives of coach and Long make it hard to read. No objectivity, just ugly name calling saying they should be fired. Over and over. Sad world of social media.

Bingo.

Inhogswetrust

Thanks FOTH. Please come back when things settle down!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

Hope to see you back soon.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

thebignasty

Quote from: Redhogs on October 10, 2017, 08:17:33 am
Not meant to demean the site.  Everyone ought to be free to say what they please.  Mostly just empathy for FOTH- even with my loose associations, after a bad loss this place can be tough. Can't blame him for needing to step away.

code red

I am with you FOTH.  I am taking a break as well.  Think I will take my wife on a date this Saturday and pretend this season never happened.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

sickboy

I don't even have a kid on the football team and I think I'm going to take a break. In fact, maybe for good. I've been on Hogville every day of my life since 2003-ish. Started when I was a sophomore at Arkansas -- stuck with it as a Junior and Senior at TCU. Kept it up every day of Grad school at USC. Checked it daily while working my first career jobs in my twenties. Went through at least two or three girlfriends who told me I had to choose Hog football (and by proxy Hogville) or them. Finally found a woman who liked Hog ball. Married her. Now I'm 35 and ten weeks ago I had a son who's probably made the best argument yet for me to put Hogville down and stop arguing with imaginary friends on the internet about kids who play games.

I'm gonna go try to make my son smile. Go Hogs.

urkillnmesmalls

I appreciate you posting that, and clearly a lot of fans lose sight of the fact that the players hate to lose more than the fans do, as well as the coaches.  Our investment isn't nearly what any of theirs is. 

If the UA and BB part ways, there's no guarantee that we're going to get a better coach.  What people here don't know and don't consider is that they do not know what the reception was the last time we were out there looking for a PROVEN head coach.  JL and the board do.  That has to play a big role in all of this, because for all of those who are saying, "It can't get any worse," I submit one Ed Orgeron as PROOF that it can. 

The buy out is one thing, but having another interested PROVEN coach lined up is another, and I think BOTH have to be in place for any coaching change to be made.  Like it or not, the overall consensus was that BB was a proven commodity coming in, so why it isn't working has to be addressed, and hopefully they will do something different enough that it isn't re-inventing the wheel.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: sickboy on October 10, 2017, 12:54:52 pm
I don't even have a kid on the football team and I think I'm going to take a break. In fact, maybe for good. I've been on Hogville every day of my life since 2003-ish. Started when I was a sophomore at Arkansas -- stuck with it as a Junior and Senior at TCU. Kept it up every day of Grad school at USC. Checked it daily while working my first career jobs in my twenties. Went through at least two or three girlfriends who told me I had to choose Hog football (and by proxy Hogville) or them. Finally found a woman who liked Hog ball. Married her. Now I'm 35 and ten weeks ago I had a son who's probably made the best argument yet for me to put Hogville down and stop arguing with imaginary friends on the internet about kids who play games.

Wow...you may want to look into some books on moderation, and not the kind on message boards.   ;)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HognotinMemphis

That's sweet. Glad you told us even though none of us care. I know you feel better now. And we're all better off knowing your higher ed history. If you want to know where I attended graduate and law school, pm me.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Redhogs

Glad you got your priorities straight there Junior....most of us will continue to grind away here for the foreseeable future.. Adios.

Vantage 8 dude

FOTH, I can totally understand, especially under the current environment and circumstances. I will certainly miss your keen insight and peek into the inner workings of the program and updates of various going ons. I wish you and your family all the absolute best. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopes and looks forward to the day you return.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Redhogs on October 10, 2017, 08:30:24 am

Dude Stop Typing NOW.!!! Accept to say you're sorry, or until you... Well I ran out of sarcastic crap to say.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HotlantaHog

The players have our support and will continue to have our support.

Hog N Bama

Well one thing is for sure. You are smarter than anybody in Hogville. Thanks for pointing that out. And a fan since 2003. Awwwww. Very nice.

sickboy

Quote from: Hog N Bama on October 11, 2017, 04:51:40 pm
Well one thing is for sure. You are smarter than anybody in Hogville. Thanks for pointing that out. And a fan since 2003. Awwwww. Very nice.

I think my post was misinterpreted. I wasn't bragging about my education. Though apparently that's a tender subject for some. I was simply pointing out that no matter how far away from Arkansas I get, I still feel connected through Hogville. And 2003 was in reference to how long I've been reading Hogville. I've been a Hog fan my entire life.

sickboy

Quote from: Redhogs on October 10, 2017, 01:09:40 pm
Glad you got your priorities straight there Junior....most of us will continue to grind away here for the foreseeable future.. Adios.

Priorities un-straightened. I'm back.

sickboy

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 10, 2017, 01:01:58 pm
That's sweet. Glad you told us even though none of us care. I know you feel better now. And we're all better off knowing your higher ed history. If you want to know where I attended graduate and law school, pm me.

Ha. Says the guy who took the time to respond to the post.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm a crazy that calls in to shows from time to time.  One thing I always say is I'm proud of the players they wanted to be Razorbacks, and support them wholeheartedly.  I also never fault players for vocally supporting their coaches either. 

I know as a parent it is especially hard to see your son or daughter go through the grind put everything they have into and not get the expected results and then take some heat for it.  Very much appreciate that you raised a fine young Razorback and what you are going through now.  Better days are always ahead.

If their is blame, animosity, criticism etc it lays at the feet of the grown men making 6 and 7 figure salaries.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sickboy on October 11, 2017, 05:11:17 pm
Ha. Says the guy who took the time to respond to the post.
Yep, typical HIM arrogance. And why, pray tell, would ANYONE give a damn about his education (or quite frankly anything else). Can you say "ego-manic" and "narcissistic"?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 11, 2017, 05:17:10 pm
Yep, typical HIM arrogance. And why, pray tell, would ANYONE give a damn about his education (or quite frankly anything else). Can you say "ego-manic" and "narcissistic"?
Why are you bothering me?