Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall

Started by cram224, October 09, 2017, 03:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 03:47:12 pm
Well, it would be time, the current one ends June 2018.

You are dangerously close to TulsaHawg status of homerism.  ;)

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Redhogs on October 09, 2017, 03:53:12 pm
What was Finebaum's reaction to all this?
Quote from: Redhogs on October 09, 2017, 03:53:12 pm
What was Finebaum's reaction to all this?
wally mentioned how many times can you knock on the doors of the Tyson's, JB Hunts and Walton's and expect them to bail you out. Paul and Laura made the comment a certain someone down south in Texas could help write the check after the fact wally had already left the show.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Ā 

Atlhogfan1

The Texas high school thing is dumb.  They do play female football. Bielema joked at a clinic about using a FB.  We have tried recruiting linemen from Texas who wanted to experience the least amount of contact.  Soft football has hurt UT AM and OU. 

Long better suited somewhere like the PAC 12 where the perspective in regards to sports is a little less insane. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

cram224

You have missed his big news. "Only rich people will be allowed in the NEZ". If buy out happens, next year before national anthem, everybody will stand and wave to the people that can afford the buyout.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 09, 2017, 03:58:40 pm
Long should go before Bielema.  My God, he's incompetent.
That's what Wally said would have to happen for Bret to leave. I'm curious about the chances for that happening.

Razorbackers

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 03:50:56 pm

he mentioned the 160M$ expansion for just 3200 seats as though, "jeff, what are you THINKING!"?

I can answer that one. The future of live sports games isn't cramming as many people onto a bench as possible, it's about fun experiences and comfort and amenities.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 09, 2017, 04:00:42 pm

Ok, just don't want to lose our private butlers in the suites........

Wildhog

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 09, 2017, 04:03:27 pm
I can answer that one. The future of live sports games isn't cramming as many people onto a bench as possible, it's about fun experiences and comfort and amenities.

And selling luxury seats to rich people for exorbitant amounts of money.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 03:45:57 pm
27% of our current commits are from Texas...😀

I love that the hate ray has been turned up so bad they're just making stuff up now... Hell, Fellas! I'm the sunniest sunshine pumper in the whole sunshine factory, and EVEN I know that it's time for a change. Why even pretend that anyone but the OP is still thinking about that crap..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 04:04:19 pm
Ok, just don't want to lose our private butlers in the suites........

Don't you folks have to bring your butlers from home to work your suite ?

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 09, 2017, 04:04:37 pm
And selling luxury seats to rich people for exorbitant amounts of money.

Well, technically, it isn't exorbitant to them.........

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 03:45:57 pm
27% of our current commits are from Texas...😀

Rhoads has definitely improved our Texas recruiting.  Before him, though, it was dog ****.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 04:06:17 pm
Well, technically, it isn't exorbitant to them.........

Sorry, exorbitant to the unwashed masses.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ā 

GuvHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 09, 2017, 03:48:11 pm
You think they'll call Long's hand and force him to fire Bielema?  It's sounding to me like Jeff is going to dig his feet in and refuse.

Which would likely get him fired. An AD who flatly refu8ses to do what his bosses (the BOT and Chancellor) tell him to do, won't last very long as AD.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 09, 2017, 04:06:03 pm
Frankly I refuse to do that. I'd have to pay him over time and a half; I will NOT stand for him trying to drive me broke. ;) 8) :P

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on October 09, 2017, 04:05:47 pm
Then PF asked about the Waltons, etc. and Wally responded by asking, "How many times can you knock on their door?" Reality is, Arkansas is in the SEC and getting major money from TV deals and is one of the few programs that rake in money. If the BOT wants to make the change, the money will be there. And with virtually everyone, from former players to casual fans, being vocally displeased and negative of CBB, the change seems imminent. I think that they will wait until the end of the season and it will end as amicably as possible, and by then a lot of frustration will have died down because it's evident just how bad we are and only winning probably 4 games. There's just too great of a force with the fans, media and national pundits in favor of getting rid of CBB that this buyout, as great as it, won't stop it from happening. It's over for Bret here, just going to take some time to get to the finish line.

agree. was surprised Hall went soft on that topic. of course the money will be there to stop these guys from burning down the program.

he was also a bit soft on prediction for remaining games.

hogcard1964

So it was Bert that screwed us in Texas and not Bobby at the Cotton Bowl?

Btw, that was one of the lamest criticisms of a coach I've ever heard... "He pissed off officials at the Cotton Bowl and Arkansas would never be invited back".  Shut up!

Seebs

wally unloaded,

said cbb is no1 on coaching hot seat
said jl is no1 AD on hot seat

expressed disbelief and total frustration. mentioned bret's comments to coaches in texas. basically wally was frustrated the entire interview. he sounded very much like fans, and the collective opinion on hogville.

I know I am bleeting like a sheep here - but Wally said nothing of substance that any of us on this board did not already know.

CBB has been #1 in coaching hot seat for the past few weeks.  Long gave him a contract that keeps him from being fired. This is not news. The coaches comment in Texas is a 'he said she said' thing and, again, nothing Wally investigated or broke.

Sport Editors should not sound like fans. They should be owners of new knowledge and insight. Wally has none because he has never had any.

Thank you all for validating the bull by the nose lemming mentality that gives Wally any credibility. I'm getting hives.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 09, 2017, 04:06:03 pm

Nope, Jayco works ours.......

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 09, 2017, 04:00:42 pm
:o  OUCH!!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 09, 2017, 04:11:40 pm

Btw, that was one of the lamest criticisms of a coach I've ever heard... "He pissed off officials at the Cotton Bowl and Arkansas would never be invited back".  Shut up!

Exactly. The bowls take who the conference sends them so they would have no choice but to have allowed Bobby back.

Poker_hog

Quote from: Seebs on October 09, 2017, 04:14:25 pm
I know I am bleeting like a sheep here - but Wally said nothing of substance that any of us on this board did not already know.

CBB has been #1 in coaching hot seat for the past few weeks.  Long gave him a contract that keeps him from being fired. This is not news. The coaches comment in Texas is a 'he said she said' thing and, again, nothing Wally investigated or broke.

Sport Editors should not sound like fans. They should be owners of new knowledge and insight. Wally has none because he has never had any.

Thank you all for validating the bull by the nose lemming mentality that gives Wally any credibility. I'm getting hives.

None of this is news but the fact that an Arkansas  local media guy would say it on PF is huge.  Arkansas media is almost never critical of the current coach until just before they leave.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hoghearted

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 09, 2017, 04:30:54 pm
None of this is news but the fact that an Arkansas  local media guy would say it on PF is huge.  Arkansas media is almost never critical of the current coach until just before they leave.

exactly
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 03:59:32 pm
Sounds like typical HV then.....

Gonna be a bunch of sad people next year when Jeff Long is being interviewed regarding what he has built with the "renovation" and coach B standing on the sidelines.

Ā 

Seebs

I guess. I want something new though, not repeating what is already stale on the web. If it came from Wally so it now has more meaning and satisfies the masses so be it.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on October 09, 2017, 04:38:12 pm

Gonna be a bunch of sad people next year when Jeff Long is being interviewed regarding what he has built with the "renovation" and coach B standing on the sidelines.

Always a bunch of sad people on here....

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 04:43:33 pm

Yeah. Find a hobby. Go have sex....something.

ImHogginIt

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: AP85 on October 09, 2017, 04:46:42 pm
Yeah. Find a hobby. Go have sex....something.
So THAT's the hobby my wife has meant when she said I need to find one ;)! Darn it and thanks, thanks so much for bringing it up. 8)

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 04:43:33 pm

Please tell me one thing about this football team on the field that should make any fan happy.
Just one thing to hang your hat on.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jacobp on October 09, 2017, 03:48:15 pm
Because it didn't happen? He was joking with them about all of them starting to run the spread. He told them all to start running power football with a fullback or he'd kick their ass. It was a joke....

Joke or not. It sure as heck doesn't seem to have helped his recruiting downs there.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Simple Swineman on October 09, 2017, 03:48:50 pm
That's the impression I got. He also talked like Long is no longer there. Wally is hanging himself out there for some awkward confrontations with Long and Bielema if they are going to be sticking around. Wally doesn't do that unless he actually knows something.

Maybe he is saying the heck with it, I'll tell it like it is (no pun intended) and then retire. Then no need to worry about any potential confrontations if they both stay on the hill.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 09, 2017, 04:11:40 pm

No genius.  Bobby pissed them off too. None of what's going on now means Precious BP was a saint.

Tusks

Quote from: hoglady on October 09, 2017, 04:59:07 pm
Please tell me one thing about this football team on the field that should make any fan happy.

the illuminati doesn't really interact with the common fan.  kind of like JL.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

The freshmen are playing well........

EastexHawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 09, 2017, 03:47:00 pm
replacing an AD and a HC in one year...ouch...

Gonna be a lot of ink and tears spilled before this ship gets turned around.

This is year six of utter, unmitigated disaster.  We may already be the worst football program in the SEC.  If not, we are in the bottom two or three.  How much worse could it get?

The Hawg Marshal

One thing Wally said that I thought was interesting, was that today's AD's are great at making money and things like that, but they don't really seem to know how to hire coaches.

Inhogswetrust

wally unloaded,

said cbb is no1 on coaching hot seat
said jl is no1 AD on hot seat

expressed disbelief and total frustration. mentioned bret's comments to coaches in texas. basically wally was frustrated the entire interview. he sounded very much like fans, and the collective opinion on hogville.

edit: he discussed the buyout and his comments and tone were such that jl must have lost his mind to agree to it, based on beating a crappy texas team in a tow totem bowl.

he mentioned the 160M$ expansion for just 3200 seats as though, "jeff, what are you THINKING!"?

As far as the NEZ expansion is concerned it never was about the number of seats, it is what the seats they were getting would be sold for AND for the rest of the structure underneath such as game day locker rooms, offices, etc.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 03:55:08 pm
edit: I FORGOT - he said that JL is a new style of AD, that might know how to raise money but doesn't know anything about hiring coaches.

That's it, I'm suing Wally for copyright infringement.  I have said this about 1,000 times.

Who knew he gets his material off Hogville?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 09, 2017, 05:05:50 pm
No genius.  Bobby pissed them off too. None of what's going on now means Precious BP was a saint.

Bobby never pretended to be a saint; however, Bert is pretending to be a football coach.  I would rather have a football coach coaching the football team.

navyhog24

We finally made a Field Goal

jdlew

As usual Wally stumbled through the whole thing ..one thing Wally left out was JL loves BB because of academics and very little off the field problems...think he is dead wrong about JL being fired before BB...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 09, 2017, 04:01:13 pm
wally mentioned how many times can you knock on the doors of the Tyson's, JB Hunts and Walton's and expect them to bail you out. Paul and Laura made the comment a certain someone down south in Texas could help write the check after the fact wally had already left the show.

Just curious....how much do the Walton's contribute to athletics? They seem more interested to invest in other areas, such as the arts, education, improving community "quality of life" areas. Which they do a tremendous job with, by the way.

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

grayhawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 09, 2017, 05:50:06 pm
Just curious....how much do the Walton's contribute to athletics?

Since Bud's passing I'm not sure they give anything

Augustus

Agreed.  I was surprised by Wally's tone and what he had to say.

We all have said the same, but an Arkansas Sportswriter saying on a National TV & Radio program?  To me, it marks a turning point... both for Long and Bielema

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Augustus on October 09, 2017, 05:59:10 pm
Agreed.  I was surprised by Wally's tone and what he had to say.

We all have said the same, but an Arkansas Sportswriter saying on a National TV & Radio program?  To me, it marks a turning point... both for Long and Bielema
True.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 09, 2017, 04:59:53 pm
Joke or not. It sure as heck doesn't seem to have helped his recruiting downs there.......................

klingsbury thought it was so funny that he kicked our collective asses.
The rest of the frog.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 06:03:21 pm
klingsbury thought it was so funny that he kicked our collective asses.

Bret kicked his as well, FWIW.

Simple Swineman

Quote from: jdlew on October 09, 2017, 05:42:30 pm
...think he is dead wrong about JL being fired before BB...

If that was Wally's opinion there is no way Wally would go on a nationally syndicated radio show and say, on the record, that JL will be let go before BB. Wally may not be a smart man, but he ain't stupid. He doesn't hang his head out there like that.

Wally wouldn't even commit to telling Paul what he thought the Hogs record would end up this year. Totally dodged that question, but he stated without hesitation that BB would not be let go before JL. Think about that. He knows something.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 09, 2017, 05:50:06 pm
Just curious....how much do the Walton's contribute to athletics? They seem more interested to invest in other areas, such as the arts, education, improving community "quality of life" areas. Which they do a tremendous job with, by the way.

Outside of Arvest having a suite and advertising, along with WM, I don't think the individual Walton's are on record publicly as to donating for athletics.