Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall

Started by cram224, October 09, 2017, 03:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

duckman

Quote from: AP85 on October 09, 2017, 04:46:42 pm
Yeah. Find a hobby. Go have sex....something.

Done...

East Clintwood

Quote from: Augustus on October 09, 2017, 05:59:10 pm
Agreed.  I was surprised by Wally's tone and what he had to say.

We all have said the same, but an Arkansas Sportswriter saying on a National TV & Radio program?  To me, it marks a turning point... both for Long and Bielema

Or it could be as simple as Wally has had to pussyfoot around the company line with the UofA athletic department to protect his access for his whole journalistic career and he's sick of doing it.  Now that he's near retirement age he's decided "screw it, I'll say what I want whether they like ot or not."

I hate to say anything favorable about Wally though.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 03:45:57 pm
27% of our current commits are from Texas...😀

27% of how many?? 
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

ur

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 06:30:12 pm
Outside of Arvest having a suite and advertising, along with WM, I don't think the individual Walton's are on record publicly as to donating for athletics.
Agree. I don't think the big three up here would do much to buy out any contracts etc.   

farmhawg

Quote from: duckman on October 09, 2017, 07:50:41 pm
Done...

Yep, but at your age you have plenty of time after those ten seconds.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Russ22

Quote from: jacobp on October 09, 2017, 03:48:15 pm
Because it didn't happen? He was joking with them about all of them starting to run the spread. He told them all to start running power football with a fullback or he'd kick their ass. It was a joke....
None of the HS coaches that I know in Texas thought it was funny. It did happen, btw.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

HoggyCat

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 09, 2017, 04:30:54 pm
None of this is news but the fact that an Arkansas  local media guy would say it on PF is huge.  Arkansas media is almost never critical of the current coach until just before they leave.

Presstitutes.  The whole lot of them.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

AirWarren

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ur on October 09, 2017, 07:55:16 pm
Agree. I don't think the big three up here would do much to buy out any contracts etc.   

Agree. Funny how people love to spend other people's money for them.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogtimes

Quote from: jacobp on October 09, 2017, 03:48:15 pm
Because it didn't happen? He was joking with them about all of them starting to run the spread. He told them all to start running power football with a fullback or he'd kick their ass. It was a joke....

What do you mean it didn't happen?  Of course it  did  and  if he was joking, which I do not think he was, it was  was one stupid joke.   Because apparently no one in Texas took it as a joke.   Certainly Coach Klingsbury and his dad who is a high school did not.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hogtimes on October 09, 2017, 08:12:35 pm
What do you mean it didn't happen?  Of course it  did  and  if he was joking, which I do not think he was, it was  was one stupid joke.   Because apparently no one in Texas took it as a joke.   Certainly Coach Klingsbury and his dad who is a high school did not.

I always find jokes that portray athletes in a key recruiting area for your program as soft and sissies, and their coaches as playing powder puff styles that will get their asses kicked, as real knee slappers.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 09, 2017, 08:26:39 pm
I always find jokes that portray athletes in a key recruiting area for your program as soft and sissies, and their coaches as playing powder puff styles that will get their asses kicked, as real knee slappers.

In today's America...I'm sure the youngsters would be offended. If they weren't, there would be someone telling them to be. What are they not offended by?

Before anyone gets offended...I'm being sarcastic.

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 09, 2017, 08:26:39 pm

Well, you do have quite the sense of humor.

(notOM)Rebel123

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hogtimes on October 09, 2017, 08:12:35 pm

His dad is an entire high school!

Rayzback

Does that make him a Junior High School....wa wa waaaaaa
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Großer Kriegschwein

I actually listened to the Wally interview and have a hard time disagreeing with much of what he said.

-doesn't think CBB will be bought out before Long is let go
-doesn't think that boosters will bail us out of the buyout
-CBB was a really bad fit at Arkansas

After Bo's show being similar in tone to a funeral, it seems like the media is turninnon coach. He is not earning his pay.
This is my non-signature signature.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Sed76 on October 09, 2017, 03:45:15 pm
Had never heard about Bielema making a fool out of himself in front of the Texas high school coaches. Good Lord, what a mess.
Still never heard about it.  What was it and how has it affected the fact that almost 1/3 of our next class is from Texass
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

porkrindjimmy

Wally was sent to speak to Paul today. Not from Fayetteville but from points south of there. Coached up like a real go getter. Now we shall see who if anyone took the bait.

PRJ

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 09, 2017, 05:24:01 pm
Bobby never pretended to be a saint; however, Bert is pretending to be a football coach.  I would rather have a football coach coaching the football team.
You don't read much do you?

Sed76

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 09, 2017, 11:56:09 pm
Still never heard about it.  What was it and how has it affected the fact that almost 1/3 of our next class is from Texass

Wally said Bielema was a speaker at some conference in Texas for high school coaches and made a speech saying their spread offenses didn't work and if you tried that against a power running team they would run it right down your throat. Or something to that effect, don't remember exactly what Hall said other than it didn't go over very well with coaches you need a connection with for recruiting.

GuvHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 10, 2017, 02:39:02 pm

He got it right. Bobby never pretended to be a saint. He wasn't hired to kiss babies, be a glad hander, or be "Mr. Personality", he was hired to WIN and WIN he did.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hobhog

Quote from: GuvHog on October 10, 2017, 04:09:52 pm
He got it right. Bobby never pretended to be a saint. He wasn't hired to kiss babies, be a glad hander, or be "Mr. Personality", he was hired to WIN and WIN he did.

Past tense. He's feeling the heat at UL and I expect him to bolt or do something stoopid. Again.

Wally is a bad source for info. He is scared to death to make waves or name names. He will always report the obvious but never break a story- never has.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hobhog on October 10, 2017, 04:28:27 pm
Past tense. He's feeling the heat at UL and I expect him to bolt or do something stoopid. Again.

Wally is a bad source for info. He is scared to death to make waves or name names. He will always report the obvious but never break a story- never has.

Which is exactly why he was told something and sent to do a job. Wally wasn't peering in windows and just overheard this. It was specifically told to him.

Alot of people don't understand how things work in Arkansas. Some things never change. Wally is one of those things. Never speaks out of turn until he is told to.

PRJ

hoghearted

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 10, 2017, 04:33:19 pm
Which is exactly why he was told something and sent to do a job. Wally wasn't peering in windows and just overheard this. It was specifically told to him.

Alot of people don't understand how things work in Arkansas. Some things never change. Wally is one of those things. Never speaks out of turn until he is told to.

PRJ

Ain't that the truth
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 10, 2017, 04:33:19 pm

PRJ
Man, I just don't think you know a quarter of what you portray.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 09, 2017, 04:11:40 pm
So it was Bert that screwed us in Texas and not Bobby at the Cotton Bowl?

Btw, that was one of the lamest criticisms of a coach I've ever heard... "He pissed off officials at the Cotton Bowl and Arkansas would never be invited back".  Shut up!

I guarantee you nobody in Texas even knows about the Cotton Bowl thing because the people who caused it had just as soon it be forgotten.  However what BB said was broadcast far and wide and when TT took us to the woodshed they got a good laugh out of it.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Karma on October 10, 2017, 04:42:47 pm

Oh....the horror. I am wounded.

Wait and see.

PRJ

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

grayhawg

Quote from: Karma on October 10, 2017, 04:42:47 pm
He's not the only one saying this.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: GuvHog on October 10, 2017, 04:09:52 pm
Reading comprehension missed you too, huh?

At no point do I mention that Bobby should be or was hired to be a saint.  The point was that he also pissed off people in Texas over something he said or did.  The poster I was responding to originally acted as if BP was innocent and the only person to actually upset anyone in Texas was CBB.

Coaches ARE hired to do more than Win. Check their contracts.

lumphog

Quote from: grayhawg on October 10, 2017, 05:15:18 pm
He's not the only one saying this.

Which could be the hogville echo chamber.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 09, 2017, 03:58:40 pm

Long should go before Bielema.  My God, he's incompetent.

Both go in a package deal.  Great Christmas present to Razorback nation.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 03:55:08 pm
he was professional and let wally do the talking, and wally did. there was no holding back considering both words and tone.

edit: I FORGOT - he said that JL is a new style of AD, that might know how to raise money but doesn't know anything about hiring coaches.

edit2: he said that cbb didn't know what he was getting into in the SEC. he mentioned having No Identity, even though we're supposed to be a run team.

edit3: he mentioned the revolving door with assistants. that it's ironic because cbb complained that he couldn't pay them at wisconsin. said we could pay them at arkansas and they still leave. he mentioned better jobs, but his implication was all on cbb not being all that and a bag of chips.
--->edit: I FORGOT - he said that JL is a new style of AD, that might know how to raise money but doesn't know anything about hiring coaches.

This is what I've been saying since 2007. And I like Jeff. But it's always about mo' money. His coaching hires are suspect at best. Too bad that's the most important part of the job.

HognitiveDissonance

Aren't we forgetting the time Wally went on Georgia radio in 2005 prior to the UA/UGA game in Athens and said 'this is the worst Arkansas team...'

Then he craw-dadded later for the folks back home...as if he didn't realize people would hear about what he said on Georgia radio.

Point: Wally doesn't necessarily know anything at this point and he sometimes speaks before thinking.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 10, 2017, 02:39:02 pm

Only important things.  These are not good times for you are they?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 10, 2017, 10:53:08 pm
Only important things.  These are not good times for you are they?
Youve seen this football team.  Not good times for anyone.