Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall

Started by cram224, October 09, 2017, 03:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cram224

The Hawg Marshal

I've never watched or listened to Finebaum , but I'm going to tune in to this.

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

AFBack

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

cram224

jimmiewkersh

Will it be fun to watch or will it be cringe-worthy?

Seebs

Wally has the spine of Mr. Loopner. I suspect nothing very controversial will be said.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

duckman

Did you hear him this morning?

TrueBlue

Quote from: Seebs on October 09, 2017, 03:38:00 pm
Wally has the spine of Mr. Loopner. I suspect nothing very controversial will be said.

Don't know Wally, eh?

Love him or hate him, he still knows the pulse of the athletic program.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: duckman on October 09, 2017, 03:39:18 pm
Did you hear him this morning?

Wally is usually the last to act. Very telling.

Cambridge Hog

said if there was an AD hot seat Long would be #1.

said Long would go before Bielema.

duckman

He said Long will go before CBB...

duckman

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on October 09, 2017, 03:40:31 pm
said if there was an AD hot seat Long would be #1.

said Long would go before Bielema.

Beat me to it...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Everyone seems to like Bret personally but fans are tired of not winning. BB got contract after beating a bad Texas team. If there was a A.D. hot seat Jeff would be #1. Pretty much Jeff is good at raising money but not picking coaches.  Jeff will have to go before Bret does.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Can't recruit in Texas because Bret pissed them off.

HotlantaHog

Interesting ... I know lots of folks don't like Wally but he usually has some pretty good contacts at Arkansas.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on October 09, 2017, 03:41:58 pm
Wally believes that JL will go before CBB, but apparently PF has been told that Long is 'renegotiating' a new contract.

he 'heard' that. what he probably heard was the negotiation of his exit.....

Wally speaking the truth. sounds like he's talking about a coach that is no longer there.

Sed76

Had never heard about Bielema making a fool out of himself in front of the Texas high school coaches. Good Lord, what a mess.

ricepig

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 09, 2017, 03:43:18 pm

27% of our current commits are from Texas...😀

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 09, 2017, 03:43:18 pm

Yep, his smart a** schtick didn't play well down there. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Seebs

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 09, 2017, 03:40:02 pm
Don't know Wally, eh?

Love him or hate him, he still knows the pulse of the athletic program.

I worked for him. Anything he knows is second hand at best which is why he is never vehement about anything. He is lazy, always has been. Edit some of his drivel before it hits the stands and you will learn this.

Don't know Wally? I wish that were the case. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Tusks

The PTB at the UA may revive my belief in humanity
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

phadedhawg

replacing an AD and a HC in one year...ouch...

Gonna be a lot of ink and tears spilled before this ship gets turned around.

ricepig

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on October 09, 2017, 03:41:58 pm
Wally believes that JL will go before CBB, but apparently PF has been told that Long is 'renegotiating' a new contract.

Well, it would be time, the current one ends June 2018.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Sed76 on October 09, 2017, 03:45:15 pm
Had never heard about Bielema making a fool out of himself in front of the Texas high school coaches. Good Lord, what a mess.
That's What the whole Cliff  Kingsbury thing was about.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: tusked on October 09, 2017, 03:46:49 pm

MAKE ARKANSAS GREAT AGAIN

#MAGA

Ironhawg

Quote from: tusked on October 09, 2017, 03:46:49 pm

You think they'll call Long's hand and force him to fire Bielema?  It's sounding to me like Jeff is going to dig his feet in and refuse.

jacobp

Quote from: Sed76 on October 09, 2017, 03:45:15 pm
Because it didn't happen? He was joking with them about all of them starting to run the spread. He told them all to start running power football with a fullback or he'd kick their ass. It was a joke....

phadedhawg

Even though I'm the only hog fan who likes Jeff Long, if this is what's being said by Wally then it's in worse shape in the BAC than I could have imagined. 

I will still appreciate some of Jeff's efforts on the Hill and he did raise the profile of the position and raised a lot of money.  Not a terrible legacy to have in hindsight. 

Seebs

How is Long going before CBB a hot take? What is JL's buyout?  How is this insightful? Chump change.

Simple Swineman

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on October 09, 2017, 03:44:00 pm
sounds like he's talking about a coach that is no longer there.

That's the impression I got. He also talked like Long is no longer there. Wally is hanging himself out there for some awkward confrontations with Long and Bielema if they are going to be sticking around. Wally doesn't do that unless he actually knows something.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on October 09, 2017, 03:48:37 pm
How is Long going before CBB a hot take? What is JL's buyout?  How is this insightful? Chump change.

$100,000

ballz2thewall

wally unloaded,

said cbb is no1 on coaching hot seat
said jl is no1 AD on hot seat

expressed disbelief and total frustration. mentioned bret's comments to coaches in texas. basically wally was frustrated the entire interview. he sounded very much like fans, and the collective opinion on hogville.

edit: he discussed the buyout and his comments and tone were such that jl must have lost his mind to agree to it, based on beating a crappy texas team in a tow totem bowl.

he mentioned the 160M$ expansion for just 3200 seats as though, "jeff, what are you THINKING!"?
The rest of the frog.

Seebs

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 03:49:25 pm
$100,000
Let me check my couch cushions.

And when Long leaves it invalidates CBB's contract per the fine print ... Good Lord be in the fine print

snoblind

Redhogs

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 03:50:56 pm
wally unloaded,

expressed disbelief and total frustration. mentioned bret's comments to coaches in texas. basically wally was frustrated the entire interview. he sounded very much like fans, and the collective opinion on hogville.

edit: he discussed the buyout and his comments and tone were such that jl must have lost his mind to agree to it, based on beating a crappy texas team in a tow totem bowl.
What was Finebaum's reaction to all this?
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hoglady

Wally did say that Arkansas could not afford to let Bielema go this year due to the size of the buyout.

That's the most discouraging thing I've heard since this debacle of a season started.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on October 09, 2017, 03:51:35 pm
Let me check my couch cushions.

And when Long leaves it invalidates CBB's contract per the fine print ... Good Lord be in the fine print

That must be really fine print.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: hoglady on October 09, 2017, 03:53:34 pm
Wally did say that Arkansas could not afford to let Bielema go this year due to the size of the buyout.

That's the most discouraging thing I've heard since this debacle of a season started.

he doesn't know. sounded like from a budget perspective. not counting a white knight or three....

ballz2thewall

October 09, 2017, 03:55:08 pm #40 Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:10:29 pm by ballz2thewall
Quote from: Redhogs on October 09, 2017, 03:53:12 pm
What was Finebaum's reaction to all this?

he was professional and let wally do the talking, and wally did. there was no holding back considering both words and tone.

edit: I FORGOT - he said that JL is a new style of AD, that might know how to raise money but doesn't know anything about hiring coaches.

edit2: he said that cbb didn't know what he was getting into in the SEC. he mentioned having No Identity, even though we're supposed to be a run team.

edit3: he mentioned the revolving door with assistants. that it's ironic because cbb complained that he couldn't pay them at wisconsin. said we could pay them at arkansas and they still leave. he mentioned better jobs, but his implication was all on cbb not being all that and a bag of chips.
The rest of the frog.

AirWarren

Arkansas Athletics drama.

Redhogs

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 03:55:08 pm
he was professional and let wally do the talking, and wally did. there was no holding back considering both words and tone.
thanks.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

The Hawg Marshal

I guess I heard it different than some of you guys. Wally sounded to me like he expects no changes. Now I know Wally doesn't know that much inside stuff, but that's what it sounded like he was saying to me.

cram224

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Simple Swineman on October 09, 2017, 03:48:50 pm
That's the impression I got. He also talked like Long is no longer there. Wally is hanging himself out there for some awkward confrontations with Long and Bielema if they are going to be sticking around. Wally doesn't do that unless he actually knows something.

This, he gone.  ADG was basically UofA Pravda for years.  They are not going to go out on a limb and start stuff and damage relationship and access.  Deep Throat met Wally in the parking garage and told him the funds had been acquired.

Wally goes on national show to basically float it so the Illuminati can let the peasants know to put down their pitchforks change will be coming.

To have him on there now with only half the season gone is as telling as anything.  What it says to me is the change could be announced before the season ends.  I'm not saying that's a certainty but I'd say 75% chance of it happening if Bama and AU cream us.   
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 09, 2017, 03:56:16 pm
I guess I heard it different than some of you guys. Wally sounded to me like he expects no changes. Now I know Wally doesn't know that much inside stuff, but that's what it sounded like he was saying to me.

i heard the complete opposite. his tenor and tone was such that change is inevitable.
The rest of the frog.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 03:57:49 pm
i heard the complete opposite. his tenor and tone was such that change is inevitable.
I hope so.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 03:50:56 pm
wally unloaded,

he mentioned the 160M$ expansion for just 3200 seats as though, "jeff, what are you THINKING!"?

Long should go before Bielema.  My God, he's incompetent.

ricepig

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 03:57:49 pm

Sounds like typical HV then.....