Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quitting at halftime

Started by lilredheadedlady, October 08, 2017, 11:33:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lilredheadedlady

I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

reds10

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on October 08, 2017, 11:33:40 am
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-continued-second-half-struggles-mentality-problem

Even our own players are commenting on it.

the team takes after their lazy head coach who doesn't seem to give a dang during games except for arguing over obscure rules.

Cambridge Hog

It's like they are wearing flip flops on the field

Calling All Hogs

Must be one heck of a pep talk Bret gives at halftime.

Ex-Trumpet

Just curious...has anyone on this board been in the locker room at halftime?  If so, could you give some insight as to what is said, or what happens?  It is truly mind-boggling to watch this every week for over 5 years now.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Sed76

A couple of weeks ago at Jerry World they showed the team coming out of the locker room onto the field on that huge video screen. Team had no emotion and looked like they were attending a funeral. And at that point was still winning the game.

Redhogs

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 08, 2017, 11:46:42 am
Just curious...has anyone on this board been in the locker room at halftime?  If so, could you give some insight as to what is said, or what happens?  It is truly mind-boggling to watch this every week for over 5 years now.
At this point who cares...get him the hell out of here.  He is obviously not a leader of any kind. "I came here to win the SEC"....how utterly insane that sounds at this point.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Redhogs on October 08, 2017, 11:56:21 am
At this point who cares...get him the hell out of here.  He is obviously not a leader of any kind. "I came here to win the SEC"....how utterly insane that sounds at this point.

Well, I still care! 

There are members of this team that could very well infect future teams if whatever is allowed in the locker room during halftime continues.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

lilredheadedlady

The leadership isn't coming from the coaches.  Our boys look flat. 

Can we hire someone to give them a pep talk?
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

DOGALUM

Heard a stat last night that you've all probably heard....but it is absolutely astounding:  the hogs are 0-16 under CBB when trailing at the half.  Not one single time have they made adjustments to overcome a halftime deficit.  0-16

That, to me, speaks volumes.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 08, 2017, 12:14:59 pm
Heard a stat last night that you've all probably heard....but it is absolutely astounding:  the hogs are 0-16 under CBB when trailing at the half.  Not one single time have they made adjustments to overcome a halftime deficit.  0-16

It does speak volumes.  Add to that, he's lost 13 more times while leading or tied at the half.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 08, 2017, 12:17:51 pm
It does speak volumes.  Add to that, he's lost 13 more times while leading or tied at the half.
If we hadn't all seen such it would be almost unbelievable. On second thought, it STILL is.

rhames

I think he  is 0-17 now.

Time to move on.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

farmhawg

Overall, his only identity is at horrible second half performances.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Calling All Hogs

Fans complained last year that we got big halftime leads and then allowed teams to come back and win. Bret did fix that problem. Now we don't get big leads at all in any game not involving rent a schools. Some people are just never happy.   

31to6

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 08, 2017, 01:46:15 pm
Fans complained last year that we got big halftime leads and then allowed teams to come back and win. Bret did fix that problem. Now we don't get big leads at all in any game not involving rent a schools. Some people are just never happy.   
Plan for the 2018 season is to collapse in the 2nd quarter so that savvy fans can get a jump on the traffic rush and the players can just do homework during halftime.

The OTR

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 08, 2017, 11:46:42 am

It's been Arkansas's dirty little secret for five years.  There are a few of us who know what goes on but in spite of many posts asking the media to ask the question to my knowledge it has never been a topic of conversation.

PygmalionEffect2

The QB position has the most influence on team attitude outside of the coaches. 

I can't think of too many successful Razorback teams that didn't have a vocal animated fired up QB.

Matt Jones was an exception I guess.  I think his athletic talent was able to overcome his casual attitude.

Stoerner, Mallet, Wilson, Calcagni, Grovey, seemed to be more energetic and/or vocal than AA.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

longpig

This HC is ruining these kids college playing experience.  If he really cared he would remove himself from the program immediately. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

MuskogeeHogFan

Did anyone notice that the Offense came alive in the 4th quarter? The defense didn't play that poorly. Gave up 2 big plays and played well enough for us to win if the offense had been functioning at a higher level for the first 3 quarters. If you give up just 358 total yards as a defense it should be enough to win. But not if you hand the opposing defense 21 points off of 3 TO's and produce 27 less yards in total offense in the first 3 quarters combined than you do in the 4th quarter alone.
Go Hogs Go!

longpig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 08, 2017, 02:33:28 pm
Did anyone notice that the Offense came alive in the 4th quarter? The defense didn't play that poorly. Gave up 2 big plays and played well enough for us to win if the offense had been functioning at a higher level for the first 3 quarters. If you give up just 358 total yards as a defense it should be enough to win. But not if you hand the opposing defense 21 points off of 3 TO's and produce 27 less yards in total offense in the first 3 quarters combined than you do in the 4th quarter alone.

Wouldn't that qualify as garbage yards?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 08, 2017, 02:33:28 pm

My guess is that South Carolina had a number of their reserves on the field in the 4th quarter, since they had a big lead. We seem to play our best against cupcake teams & 2nd & 3rd teamers of the better schools. South Carolina is not really one of the better teams, just a lot better than we are. We also threw one of the pick 6's to them in the 4th quarter.   
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: longpig on October 08, 2017, 02:52:27 pm
Wouldn't that qualify as garbage yards?

One would assume that they went into BBDB mode in the 4th after our abysmal first 3 quarters, which is why I said in other threads that I am not certain how much this had to do with Kelley being better, or S. Carolina going into prevent mode. Two TD's in the 4th are probably not what S. Carolina hoped to give up so we don't really know what their calls were given the situation. We call it "garbage yards" because we were behind without recognizing that we moved the ball and nonetheless scored. Again, let me point out, no TFLA and no Sacks allowed. They didn't give up and lay back entirely. It seemed that the offense was more motivated under Kelley and it also could be that we just had a QB with a healthy throwing shoulder in the game.
Go Hogs Go!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 08, 2017, 01:56:33 pm
It's been Arkansas's dirty little secret for five years.  There are a few of us who know what goes on but in spite of many posts asking the media to ask the question to my knowledge it has never been a topic of conversation.

Yep, been going on for years now and the media just sits on their hands. It'll prolly come out in some memoirs 20 plus years from now.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

DOGALUM

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 08, 2017, 03:11:28 pm
One would assume that they went into BBDB mode in the 4th after our abysmal first 3 quarters, which is why I said in other threads that I am not certain how much this had to do with Kelley being better, or S. Carolina going into prevent mode. Two TD's in the 4th are probably not what S. Carolina hoped to give up so we don't really know what their calls were given the situation. We call it "garbage yards" because we were behind without recognizing that we moved the ball and nonetheless scored. Again, let me point out, no TFLA and no Sacks allowed. They didn't give up and lay back entirely. It seemed that the offense was more motivated under Kelley and it also could be that we just had a QB with a healthy throwing shoulder in the game.
"They still had some starters in there," Enos revealed. "They were still running their blitz packages. We saw several blitzes while he was in there. So it wasn't like they just gave up. I think that's totally inaccurate."
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

HognotinMemphis

Some people are motivated to do well when over paid. Others are the opposite...it removes their drive and renders them content.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The Boar War

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 08, 2017, 11:42:32 am
Must be one heck of a pep talk Bret gives at halftime.

The players are intelligent men.  Does it really matter what he says at this point?

hawgon

Quote from: The Boar War on October 11, 2017, 08:12:10 am
The players are intelligent men.  Does it really matter what he says at this point?

The players realize that Bielema might not be here next year and even if he is, there are apt to be new position coaches and coordinators.  What does that mean?  That means that once they reach the position where they can't go to a bowl, they are literally playing for nothing.

So, I think the team has already quit in lots of ways, but if they haven't, then the temptation to do so will be well nigh unbearable once they are mathmatically eleminated from bowl consideration.  We will have reached another JLS situation where kids quit showing up for meetings, practice, and everything else because they know that there will be no repercussions.

And man, the rally, if there is to be one, can't even realistically begin until we take two more ugly beatings.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

At this point the stats seem a bit mind boggling...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

tbhogfan

I've been wondering for some time if we don't have  a conditioning issue.  We have guys who get cut like they are working for a Mr. Olympia, but aside from looking great on Twitter, how does that translate on the field?  Playing football is different from lifting weights, there's a lot of short, anaerobic sprinting and jostling. 

To me, a team that is constantly bonking in the second half is a team that isn't in good enough shape. 
Go Hogs!