Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama had an off night, SEC has a down year - doesn't matter much...

Started by twistitup, October 16, 2017, 02:00:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Bama forgot how to field punts....they did not play their best game. We had opportunities to take advantage of their mistakes, but didn't / couldn't.

Saturday may have been the best opportunity for us to compete, but we still got beat up badly. With the SEC down this year, and Bama making uncharacteristic mistakes - we may have missed a prime opportunity.

Year 5 could have been a good year....but it won't be due to key injuries, missing an identity, lack of player development, lack of talented depth, lack of speed, etc

Oh, what could have been.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

RME

twistitup

hogsanity

Quote from: twistitup on October 16, 2017, 02:00:39 pm
Bama forgot how to field punts....they did not play their best game. We had opportunities to take advantage of their mistakes, but didn't / couldn't.

Saturday may have been the best opportunity for us to compete, but we still got beat up badly. With the SEC down this year, and Bama making uncharacteristic mistakes - we may have missed a prime opportunity.

Year 5 could have been a good year....but it won't be due to key injuries, missing an identity, lack of player development, lack of talented depth, lack of speed, etc

Do you mean compete with Bama? If so, I guess you forgot 2014 when Bama won in Fay 14-13, or 2015 when the Hogs lead in Tuscaloosa in the 3rd Q? Bama got the lead Sat night and knew all they had to do was not royally foul it up and they were going to win by 30+ which is just what they did.

If you mena our best chance to compete with anyone this year, really?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GoHogs1091

That is now two games in-a-row that Alabama has had at least 1 turnover.

Saban better get that fixed.  That will get Saban beat when Alabama finally plays against an actual team who has a pulse.

twistitup

Quote from: hogsanity on October 16, 2017, 02:11:32 pm
Do you mean compete with Bama? If so, I guess you forgot 2014 when Bama won in Fay 14-13, or 2015 when the Hogs lead in Tuscaloosa in the 3rd Q? Bama got the lead Sat night and knew all they had to do was not royally foul it up and they were going to win by 30+ which is just what they did.

If you mena our best chance to compete with anyone this year, really?

Sure....we've played Bama close in the past but I believe this year was an opportunity for us to compete at the top of the SEC - we just aren't ready.

This could have been the perfect storm for Ark -  the SEC being down and Bama not playing a great game....

I can dream if I want to

RME

jkstock04

Twist, you have gotten absolutely hammered this year starting topics...what's interesting about it is your topics have been right on the money correct.

I remember at the beginning of the year you started a topic concerned about the O-line and Bielema starting walk ons over 4* scholarship guys....you caught absolute hell for it. Got called every derogatory word under the sun. Turns out your worrys were 100% correct. Good for you. You will never hear many of these homers admit it though.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 16, 2017, 02:31:42 pm
Twist, you have gotten absolutely hammered this year starting topics...what's interesting about it is your topics have been right on the money correct.

I remember at the beginning of the year you started a topic concerned about the O-line and Bielema starting walk ons over 4* scholarship guys....you caught absolute hell for it. Got called every derogatory word under the sun. Turns out your worrys were 100% correct. Good for you. You will never hear many of these homers admit it though.

I'm not liked by some, that's just fine.

I appreciate you not being one of them.

Hog-Corleone

I 100% get what you are saying, and it is depressing.  I have tried to make this same point as well.  Regardless of how good or bad the hogs are this year, the rest of the SEC is down compared to prior years, including the teams in the west, so this could have been one of those perfect storm years for Arkansas to excel.

(except for Bama, they are still very very good, and probably better than last year.)

The point is, if he can't get it done this year, when will he ever???
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

grayhawg

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 16, 2017, 02:39:46 pm
I 100% get what you are saying, and it is depressing.  I have tried to make this same point as well.  Regardless of how good or bad the hogs are this year, the rest of the SEC is down compared to prior years, including the teams in the west, so this could have been one of those perfect storm years for Arkansas to excel.

(except for Bama, they are still very very good, and probably better than last year.)

The point is, if he can't get it done this year, when will he ever???
I'm hoping he don't get another chance next year

GunnerHawg70

Fact...Hogs are just simply marred with key injuries, lack of depth, confusing offensive scheme, 3-4 defense is a bust and very young / inexperienced players.  CBB / CDE / CPR are the Top 3 who should've realized, evaluated and put the best talent available on the field.  I really believe the offensive woes is due to different philosophies between CBB and CDE.  CDE can develop QB's but his style of play vs. CBB's style is not working.  If ya'll have noticed the Hogs were a 7-9 team in CBB's first couple of seasons.  Once the OC / DC and key position assistants changed, so did the Hogs game play.  Good topic but man reading the truth sucks...