Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Question About Simulcast Wagering at Oaklawn

Started by BigBrandonAllenFan, March 13, 2017, 06:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBrandonAllenFan

Can a person make a bet at the window this Friday for the Rebel Stakes on Saturday at Oaklawn?

kingoftherapids

not sure they are doing advance wagering for rebel stakes day

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 13, 2017, 06:48:45 pm
not sure they are doing advance wagering for rebel stakes day

Thanks King. I was trying to save myself the time of calling Oaklawn to find out.

kingoftherapids

Russ22

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on March 13, 2017, 06:40:55 pm
Can a person make a bet at the window this Friday for the Rebel Stakes on Saturday at Oaklawn?
Arkansas resident? You can use Oaklawnanywhere.com on Saturday. You can put money on that ADW site in about 6 different ways including cash at a local CVS pharmacy or Family Dollar with "Pay Near Me". They have some sort of bonus ($150 for signing up, I think) right now.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

holeinthewall

Quote from: Russ22 on March 14, 2017, 09:03:50 am
Arkansas resident? You can use Oaklawnanywhere.com on Saturday. You can put money on that ADW site in about 6 different ways including cash at a local CVS pharmacy or Family Dollar with "Pay Near Me". They have some sort of bonus ($150 for signing up, I think) right now.

Easiest and cheapest is to link your bank account

Russ22

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 14, 2017, 09:15:17 am
Easiest and cheapest is to link your bank account
Also sounds like the "most likely to cause divorce" :-)

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Russ22 on March 14, 2017, 09:24:54 am
Also sounds like the "most likely to cause divorce" :-)

Lol. I have a friend with an online acct and he complains about payout time and service. If I am going to bet I am going to bet at the window.

BigBrandonAllenFan

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Russ22 on March 14, 2017, 09:03:50 am

Yes from. Arkansas. I signed up for online poker and shortly thereafter a hack was attempted on my bank acct. I'm shy of online betting now.

userpick

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on March 14, 2017, 09:34:38 am
Yes from. Arkansas. I signed up for online poker and shortly thereafter a hack was attempted on my bank acct. I'm shy of online betting now.

Another vote for Oaklawn Anywhere. Unless you are a really big bettor(like 100k a year), Oaklawn Anywhere really is the best option imo.

Russ22

Quote from: userpick on March 14, 2017, 09:56:33 am
Another vote for Oaklawn Anywhere. Unless you are a really big bettor(like 100k a year), Oaklawn Anywhere really is the best option imo.
Agreed. But BBF makes a great point about why I wouldn't link my bank account - all other kidding aside. I like the "Pay Near Me" because if I tap out I am not tempted to go deeper to make a steaming bet on the next race. That little "wait a second and think" is worth the $4 to put money in the account IMO.

userpick

It's definitely a lot easier to deposit funds than it is to withdraw funds!

holeinthewall

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on March 14, 2017, 09:31:14 am
Lol. I have a friend with an online acct and he complains about payout time and service. If I am going to bet I am going to bet at the window.

You can bet your bank transfer immediately. You can withdraw your winnings minus the initial deposit immediately. It trakes about 3 days for the bank transaction to be sent back to your account.   You can also deposit money at Oakland and it can be transferred out immediately.

I empty my money out every Monday morning.  Put It back in Thursday or Friday.  they aren't using my money for free.

I deposited $250 on Thursday afternoon last week.  I took out the $250 I was up on Sunday morning and transferred the rest back to my bank account yesterday morning.

I am not sure if any other sites let you do bank transfers but it beats the hell out of using the green dot or whatever.  I am also 25 minutes to the nearest place to get those things so I prefer not leaving the house.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I checked and no advance betting on Friday for Saturday's card.

I was hoping to get to run down to Oaklawn at get $200 Win ticket on Royal Mo in the Rebel Stakes.  I had a strategy of sorts...If he wins, I parlay it on him in Kentucky and it saves me several hundred bucks on a $1000 Kentucky Derby wager.  If he lost, then I would bail clean off the Kentucky Derby wagon and forgo a Kentucky Derby wager therefore saving myself $800.

The bettor will likely get better odds on Royal Mo in the Rebel Stakes than in the Arkansas Derby.  If he wins the Rebel, everyone will be wide awake to his presence from that point on and 4/5 odds in the Arkansas Derby will be probable.  I have not seen the early odds, but I'm thinking Royal Mo will go favored at near 2/1 post time in the Rebel.  A lot of people are already on to him.  If he goes at 3/1 that would be a dream bet for the max bettor.

Russ22

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on March 17, 2017, 11:30:41 am
I checked and no advance betting on Friday for Saturday's card.

I was hoping to get to run down to Oaklawn at get $200 Win ticket on Royal Mo in the Rebel Stakes.  I had a strategy of sorts...If he wins, I parlay it on him in Kentucky and it saves me several hundred bucks on a $1000 Kentucky Derby wager.  If he lost, then I would bail clean off the Kentucky Derby wagon and forgo a Kentucky Derby wager therefore saving myself $800.

The bettor will likely get better odds on Royal Mo in the Rebel Stakes than in the Arkansas Derby.  If he wins the Rebel, everyone will be wide awake to his presence from that point on and 4/5 odds in the Arkansas Derby will be probable.  I have not seen the early odds, but I'm thinking Royal Mo will go favored at near 2/1 post time in the Rebel.  A lot of people are already on to him.  If he goes at 3/1 that would be a dream bet for the max bettor.
Morning line on Royal Mo is 9/2. I am going to guess you will get 3/1 or better at post time. American Anthem is likely to go off around 3/2. There is more information on RM but everyone will be buying the Baffert hype after only 2 races for AA.

I am not certain that Untrapped doesn't make a leap. He is the most consistent speed through his 4 races (99 in equibase the last 3 races). IF he is going to be an elite horse, he is due for the effort that shows how much speed he really has.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Russ22 on March 17, 2017, 11:46:42 am
Morning line on Royal Mo is 9/2. I am going to guess you will get 3/1 or better at post time. American Anthem is likely to go off around 3/2. There is more information on RM but everyone will be buying the Baffert hype after only 2 races for AA.

I am not certain that Untrapped doesn't make a leap. He is the most consistent speed through his 4 races (99 in equibase the last 3 races). IF he is going to be an elite horse, he is due for the effort that shows how much speed he really has.

Those odds on Royal Mo was more than I could resist.  I sent my oldest son down to Oaklawn Park with a $200 Win bet on Royal Mo. He should about be at the window right now.  He is just grabbing the ticket and coming back with it. 

If I liked Royal Mo for the Kentucky Derby, I sure have to like him in this spot, and double especially with the morning line of 9/2.  And having Espinoza in the saddle is a confidence boost to say the least.  I'll hold my breath and hope that he doesn't drop to 2/1 at post time.  3/1 would be sweet.  9/2 is gravy on a biskit.

And yeah on the Baffert hype.  He has won 3 Rebels in a row.  But if American Anthem couldn't beat One Liner, how the he11 is he supposed to be better than Royal Mo?  If One Liner was better than Royal Mo, then why didn't One Liner stay around to rake a near million dollar purse (540k to the winner) rather than ship out to Kentucky?

userpick

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on March 18, 2017, 12:17:37 pm
Those odds on Royal Mo was more than I could resist.  I sent my oldest son down to Oaklawn Park with a $200 Win bet on Royal Mo. He should about be at the window right now.  He is just grabbing the ticket and coming back with it. 

If I liked Royal Mo for the Kentucky Derby, I sure have to like him in this spot, and double especially with the morning line of 9/2.  And having Espinoza in the saddle is a confidence boost to say the least.  I'll hold my breath and hope that he doesn't drop to 2/1 at post time.  3/1 would be sweet.  9/2 is gravy on a biskit.

And yeah on the Baffert hype.  He has won 3 Rebels in a row.  But if American Anthem couldn't beat One Liner, how the he11 is he supposed to be better than Royal Mo?  If One Liner was better than Royal Mo, then why didn't One Liner stay around to rake a near million dollar purse (540k to the winner) rather than ship out to Kentucky?

1) American anthem has never ran against One Liner

2)One Liner is already in the derby. The goal is to win the derby, not win the rebel. I have no idea if One Liner is a serious derby contender but he will be fresh.

Russ22

No excuses for Royal Mo on that trip. Just didn't have the kick after stalking From 3rd / 4th the entire way.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Russ22 on March 18, 2017, 06:34:10 pm
No excuses for Royal Mo on that trip. Just didn't have the kick after stalking From 3rd / 4th the entire way.

No doubt.  No excuses.  Had good position.  No late kick.  I lost $200 but I likely saved $800 because I am dropping out of betting the Kentucky Derby. 

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: userpick on March 18, 2017, 05:55:24 pm
1) American anthem has never ran against One Liner

2)One Liner is already in the derby. The goal is to win the derby, not win the rebel. I have no idea if One Liner is a serious derby contender but he will be fresh.

I thought One Liner had ran against Anthem in the SW Stakes.  I mislooked somewhere along the line. 

userpick

I told people the past two weeks Malagacy would win and I didn't even bet a dime. I'm an idiot. A very unimpressive race visually by all. Pletcher has won the past two preps at oaklawn and he hasn't even sent his best horses to oaklawn. He is loaded this year.

cbhawg03

Half of them will end up off Derby Trail while their half make up the rear off the KY Derby field.