Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oaklawn Saturday

Started by mckinneyhog5, March 11, 2017, 01:00:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

1st race #10 Sea of Change 20 WP
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

userpick

I won't get 20/1 but I'm making a small play on #4 in the 3rd. Comic Summer.

mckinneyhog5

Going with the 9 in the 2nd Explosive Candy. Also like the 7 Bittersweet.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

userpick

Youre killing it!! keep it up!

mckinneyhog5

Like a hot potato...

$55.60 W 14.80P

Returned $704

userpick

I used that horse in my contest as well. 26-1 was a joke.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on March 11, 2017, 01:44:31 pm
I used that horse in my contest as well. 26-1 was a joke.
Yep, with that kind of speed 26-1 was a gift.

mckinneyhog5

Going with #2 Grace at Midnight 20 WP

mckinneyhog5

userpick

if you can figure out who is going to get the lead, go to the window.

mckinneyhog5

kingoftherapids

speed all day. 80 percent chance of rain today and nothing so far. unreal. they were ready for the rain and have the packed down pretty good and no rain is equaling speed holding like gulfstream on a stakes day

userpick

Race 4: #2 exiting a very key race. Lost to two stakes quality fillies. She appears to be against the track today so far, but I'll take her class to get it done today. #2, Care. We need to KOTR picks in here today

mckinneyhog5

Sorry had coughs watching BBall game..

Race 6 #8 Storm Advisory 20 WP 25 ex box 4/8

userpick

CBhawg called it a long time ago. Whitmore is an elite sprinter. And it took the trainer a year to figure that out. SMH.

mckinneyhog5

7th race # 14 Americam Roma. 50 WP

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on March 11, 2017, 03:49:00 pm
CBhawg called it a long time ago. Whitmore is an elite sprinter. And it took the trainer a year to figure that out. SMH.
Whitmore is impressive!

mckinneyhog5

8th race #5 Perfect wife 20 WP

userpick

mckinneyhog5

9th race biggest bomb yet..

#11 Reaction 20 WP
11/2,4,7,8,9 and 2,4,7,8,9/11 $5 exactas

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on March 11, 2017, 04:38:28 pm
#6 for me
Damn totally missed the 11 Benner Island. That was a good hard fought victory by your 6. Deserved that one! Good call!

userpick

#2 Arch Cat to end the day

userpick

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 11, 2017, 04:53:44 pm
Damn totally missed the 11 Benner Island. That was a good hard fought victory by your 6. Deserved that one! Good call!

I'm not a big exacta guy, but i should've played the exacta this time. Brad Cox LOVED benner island last race and she didn't run well. He said she would run well today too and this time she did.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on March 11, 2017, 04:56:19 pm
I'm not a big exacta guy, but i should've played the exacta this time. Brad Cox LOVED benner island last race and she didn't run well. He said she would run well today too and this time she did.
All the signals were there..switching to Franco, adding blinkers, 2nd time lasix and sharp workout. I'll admit I was more involved in the BBall game.

userpick

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 11, 2017, 04:58:25 pm
All the signals were there..switching to Franco, adding blinkers, 2nd time lasix and sharp workout. I'll admit I was more involved in the BBall game.

Well I can assure you the switch to Franco was not a factor if you ask Brad haha. He is definitely not a jockey guy. Blinkers I think you're on to something. Post position killed her too.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on March 11, 2017, 04:55:27 pm
#2 Arch Cat to end the day
Someone knew something on the 9..ML of 12-1 bet down to 6-1
Oh well not a bad day see u tomorrow!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 11, 2017, 05:14:51 pm
truth be known, there is no inside info other than the trainer likes his/her horse's chances and has been training well and eating up every night and there's a nice stool in the hay each morning....they don't know if the horse is going to win, they know when they are up for a big try, but there might be two or three other horses up for a big try in the same race...by the way congratulations on the day, sounds like you ripped them a new one
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

userpick

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 11, 2017, 06:25:20 pm
truth be known, there is no inside info other than the trainer likes his/her horse's chances and has been training well and eating up every night and there's a nice stool in the hay each morning....they don't know if the horse is going to win, they know when they are up for a big try, but there might be two or three other horses up for a big try in the same race...by the way congratulations on the day, sounds like you ripped them a new one

Saratoga is a perfect example of this. There are 6-7 live horses in every race.

hogoffate

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 11, 2017, 05:14:51 pm
That #9 was Ingrid Mason's 3rd First Time Starter to win at the meet; Conquest Charlie $6.60, Iter $26.40, and Rapid Dial $15.60.  Iter beat me out of a $600 pick 3.  I liked Lawton today but used Rapid Dial over Lawton as an exacta saver.  I usually don't bet her horses, but her first time starters at OP should always be examined closely.

Only lost $20 for the day but looking forward to next weekend.

cbhawg03

Quote from: userpick on March 11, 2017, 03:49:00 pm

Yes sir, still got a case of beer outstanding for Whitmore not hitting board in triple crown, and lord knows I could use that about now lol.  Whitmore runs them down in Met Mile though and then needs to focus on 6.5 or 7F sprint races and get that G1 win.  That turn of foot is deadly.

Give me Whitmore in Met Mile though.  I would look for Petrov to be better at one turn, think Moquett finds horses that he can co-own so he can kind of call the shots cause of his ego but doesn't have bankroll of big owners so he takes chances and tries to call get every horse into triple crown so he can get better owners.  Reality is, he gets horses that are better suited to one turn or something else than routing. 

Why his one turn horses do good early in meet at Oaklawn, the better horses haven't shipped in yet but people keep falling for his bag of tricks.  Not me.

I would suggest betting the house on Whitmore and Storm Advisory exacta in Count Fleet though.  Key Whitmore on top and Storm Advisory will bounce back.