Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday's stink for me...

Started by razorbackfanatic, January 30, 2011, 04:56:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackfanatic

Sunday's the only day my gym isnt open. I just started my workout/weightloss lifestyle 3 weeks ago, but Im loving it. I miss lifting. I haven't been this motivated in about 8 years. I just wish I would have got off my butt years ago! Now I gotta work extra hard bc of the shape ive let myself get into.

If ur fat like me, go to the gym. I know u think its the hardest thing in the world, but once u get going for a couple weeks it will change ur whole mindset and you'll start loving it!

Pulled(PP)pork

go pick you up some stretch bands from walmart and get a decent workout that way.  but, there should always be one day of rest each week.

PP

razorbackfanatic

Yeah this is my rest day. I lift on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. I do just cardio and stomach excercises on Wednesday and cardio on Sat. But im just excited about changing my body and ready to lift tomorrow!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on January 30, 2011, 07:56:14 pm
Yeah this is my rest day. I lift on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. I do just cardio and stomach excercises on Wednesday and cardio on Sat. But im just excited about changing my body and ready to lift tomorrow!
go with what makes you happy, I won't interfere

PP

Buck Ocean

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on January 30, 2011, 04:56:51 pm
Sunday's the only day my gym isnt open. I just started my workout/weightloss lifestyle 3 weeks ago, but Im loving it. I miss lifting. I haven't been this motivated in about 8 years. I just wish I would have got off my butt years ago! Now I gotta work extra hard bc of the shape ive let myself get into.

If ur fat like me, go to the gym. I know u think its the hardest thing in the world, but once u get going for a couple weeks it will change ur whole mindset and you'll start loving it!

Glad to hear that.  I wish I could help you keep focused, but your enthusiasm and encouragement to others seems like you are serious this time.  I've got a saying I made up a few years ago, and it seems like it works:

"Think like a Jedi"

What this means is that maybe I'm not an IFBB Professional Bodybuilder or a certified physician or personal trainer, but I like to act and think like I am.  In reality, lets face it....I'm no where close!  But as long as I tell myself this and act like it, I will always stay focused and be an ambassador to the lifestyle.  I live it, I preach it.  And you really get good at it if you continuously practice and display it. 

Sundays blow for weight training, they really do.  Gyms open at noon or 1 and close 4 hours later.  In your case, not open at all.  I would invest in a pair of 8 pound dumbells and 15 pound dumbells.  I would also make sure I got cardio in on this day, as soon as the weather gets better of course. 
Theres another thing about off-days, you dont want to have your cheat meal or splurge day on a day where you dont weight train or do cardio. 
Think like a Jedi

razorbackfanatic

Just got done working out about 2 hours ago! Do any of yall ever weigh before your workout and then right after? I lost a pound and a half after my workout. Ive never done that before but just thought id try it. I wonder if some of yall do this and have an idea of how much if any u should lose during your workout? Im a big guy so im sure the results would vary. Also since last Wednesday ive had a pain in my left glut or extreme lower back. Kinda right were the glut and low back come together on my left side. I deadlifted on Tuesday and also did a little bit of work on a reverse hyper machine. It feels like a sore muscle bc it kinda loosens up a little when i work out. Also when im setting down if I cough it hurts a little like the muscles tightening bc of the cough. Anybody know if this is from deadlifting and if its gonna get better?

hogfan064

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on January 31, 2011, 08:44:43 pm
Just got done working out about 2 hours ago! Do any of yall ever weigh before your workout and then right after? I lost a pound and a half after my workout. Ive never done that before but just thought id try it. I wonder if some of yall do this and have an idea of how much if any u should lose during your workout? Im a big guy so im sure the results would vary. Also since last Wednesday ive had a pain in my left glut or extreme lower back. Kinda right were the glut and low back come together on my left side. I deadlifted on Tuesday and also did a little bit of work on a reverse hyper machine. It feels like a sore muscle bc it kinda loosens up a little when i work out. Also when im setting down if I cough it hurts a little like the muscles tightening bc of the cough. Anybody know if this is from deadlifting and if its gonna get better?

Weighing before and after a workout can be discouraging to some.  Keep in mind that if you drink a bunch of water during your workout that you will put on some water weight.  Also, if you weigh with clothes on, your clothing will be heavier if drenched in sweat

I weigh myself every morning at the sametime prior to eating.   If you are like me your weight can vary by 4-5 pounds at different parts during the day. 

hogfan064

As for the working out on Sunday problem.  I joined Anytime Fitness about 2 years ago and love it.  You can go any day at anytime.  They are also all over the U.S. so you can workout when on vacation. 

I don't live in Fayetteville, but there are 2 in the area.  I believe 1 is on Weddington and the other in Springdale. 

razorbackfanatic

I just bought a really good scale yest and ive been weighing often.  I lost 4 lbs overnight!  Im gonna start weighing only in the mornings. Ive lost 12lbs since I started workingout/dieting on Jan 14th! :)

Buck Ocean

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 01, 2011, 09:36:51 am
Weighing before and after a workout can be discouraging to some.  Keep in mind that if you drink a bunch of water during your workout that you will put on some water weight.  Also, if you weigh with clothes on, your clothing will be heavier if drenched in sweat

I weigh myself every morning at the sametime prior to eating.   If you are like me your weight can vary by 4-5 pounds at different parts during the day. 

^this.

Morning time is the time to weigh.
Think like a Jedi

Buck Ocean

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on February 01, 2011, 01:58:20 pm
I just bought a really good scale yest and ive been weighing often.  I lost 4 lbs overnight!  Im gonna start weighing only in the mornings. Ive lost 12lbs since I started workingout/dieting on Jan 14th! :)

that calls for a big HOLY SHINE! Take some photos along your journey and document them.  Go back for motivation and reference. Looks like you got the morning weigh in figured out.  Thats incredible.
Think like a Jedi

DeltaBoy

Get some dumbells and exercise bands.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

razorbackfanatic

I've now lost18lbs. Ive actually been at 18lbs since the Super bowl, but i  splurged that day and ive been fluctuating between 18-20 lbs for about a week now. I hope to lose another 5lbs by next week.

hogwild210

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on February 15, 2011, 11:37:50 am
I've now lost18lbs. Ive actually been at 18lbs since the Super bowl, but i  splurged that day and ive been fluctuating between 18-20 lbs for about a week now. I hope to lose another 5lbs by next week.

Congrats on your achievements thus far! 5 lbs is a lot to lose in one week, so don't get discouraged if you don't hit that goal. As for the original post...sometimes it's good to get out of the gym to get your workout in! You could go to your local high school and run the bleachers, do suicides on the football field, or even play some touch football with some of the guys. Keep up the good work!
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Buck Ocean

Quote from: hogwild210 on February 15, 2011, 12:24:07 pm
Congrats on your achievements thus far! 5 lbs is a lot to lose in one week, so don't get discouraged if you don't hit that goal. As for the original post...sometimes it's good to get out of the gym to get your workout in! You could go to your local high school and run the bleachers, do suicides on the football field, or even play some touch football with some of the guys. Keep up the good work!

^this.

I do my spring and summer cardio at a walking/bike trail.  its concrete, extremely lengthy (5+ miles) and frequent inclines and declines.  I try not to stay out there more than 1 hour, but I usually go 20 minutes over.  Walk, jog, run ,sprint.  The trail is marked by the quarter miles.  I can also time my 100 meter dashes by the length between the telephone poles.
Think like a Jedi

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

razorbackfanatic

Just want to let everyone know that Ive now hit 31lbs weight loss! I also have increased my bench by about 30lbs in 2 months! My goal was to lose 50lbs by April 6(start of my towns softball league). Im not gonna make 50 but have a good chance of getting 40+ off by then!

CurDog64

razorbackfanatic

41lbs today!!  Softball tonite!!  Increased my bench from 225 to 280 since Jan 14th!  I maxed on bench last Monday on 3/28/11.  Feeling the best I have since probably 2003/04. Thanks everyone for all the support.

DeltaBoy

razorbackfanatic

I've now lost 63lbs and benching 300lbs!! 

Hogbody

Damn that's impressive

How much you weigh?

razorbackfanatic

New update: lost 74lbs and benching 310lbs. I kinda have been taking a break the last two months from hardcore dieting. Eventhough I still got a ways to go losing 74lbs has made me feel great. I'm still dieting but just not consistent as I should be. I haven't had a soft drink since Jan 14th!!! My goal is to lose 100lbs by New Years. And Hogbody I was an out of control. 5'11" 386lbs when I started in January. That sounds really bad(and was) but in not a typical 5'11" frame guy. I was about 9% body fat my senior year and weighed 217lbs. I've put on quite a bit of muscle since high school 12years ago. I powerlift now so my goal is to meet my fat loss and muscle gain at about 240lbs by next summer.

razorbackfanatic

Lol well it's been a long time since I've visited this thread. In November of 2011 my wife and I found out we were going to have our first baby. My wife gained 19lbs during pregnancy and I gained 43lbs all the way back to 355.

I quit going to the gym bc of a shoulder injury in April 2012 and then changed jobs to a diff schedule and also raising my little girl in June and I haven't been back to the gym consistently since.

I lost 31lbs over the next two years and hung out around 324lbs until August 2014. One Sunday morning in August 2014 I woke up that morning and my back was kinda hurting and after being up for about 30 min I started getting ready for work and I bent down to pick something up and had a super hot sensation go across my lower back and intense pain and I went straight down to the floor. I took ibuprofen and iced it and used heating pack for the next 24 hours hoping for it to get better enough to get up, but it wasn't getting any better so we called an ambulance.

They gave me a ct scan and said they think I just pulled a muscle. This is how the ER docs read the ct scan result and they said we are just going to give u something for the pain and get u home. I was in shock. I've had plenty of pulled muscles and never felt anything like this before, especially something keeping me from standing.  All they did was give me a morphine shot. It had zero effect. They then have me a Valium shot. Still no help in moving. Then they gave me a dialatin(sp) shot and finally I was able to get up with the help from my dad and another grown man and I could slowly slide my feet and walk out. They wouldn't let me stay in the hospital. Getting in and out of the car was horrible. I stayed In bed and a recliner for the next few days and was off work for like 27 days. I was so worried about my back and knowing my size probably contributed to it, I had hardly no appetite and I lost 16lbs in 15 days while practically on bed rest. I was then 308lbs.

I took my ct scan results to my pcp and he said that the radiologist read the ct scan as a bulging disc, a large calcification on the right side near the disc that was bulging and that the calcification looked like something from an old injury. The ER docs didn't even know the reading from the radiologist when they released me. My pcp set me up with a neurologist, but I couldn't get an appointment for like 3 weeks. Once I went to the neurologist appnt I had been pain free for about 10 days. The neurologist decided I didn't need an MRI at that point and just read the ct scan and said I had a slight bulging disc, but I didn't need anything else at that time and the calcification wasn't nothing to worry about.

I dropped down to 299 once around August 2015, but I've for the most part stayed between 305 and 315 ever since. I'm about 313 today. Knock on wood, but I haven't had one bit of back pain since it happened and I work in a warehouse and I'm a competitive softball player that plays men's and coed.

My wife and I are about to have our second child. She is due Dec 12th and it's a boy! She's only gained 6lbs this pregnancy and I've gained maybe 10lbs lol.

Reading this thread has reminded me of how enthusiastic I was when I was going to the gym every day and motivated me! I gotta get back into it and I'm going to! Also I gave up soft drinks Jan 2011 and since then I've only had 3. And the first one was about a month ago. I have one about every two weeks now, just as a reward. Almost made it 5 years without one. My goal wasn't to ever completely quit drinking them, but I just had that streak going and it made it easier to keep it up. Before I stopped drinking them, I was a guy that drinked like 6 to 8 cans a day of Dr Pepper or Mt Dew.