Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early Minute Predictions for next year.

Started by -Blu, April 20, 2014, 11:57:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Since our roster is all set for next year, barring any unexpected surprises, thought it be interesting to get some minute predictions going.  Obviously we are working in some new pieces and don't know what we're going to get from some of the new guys, but based on needs and expectations we can put together something.

We should be a team that can go 9-11 deep next year, I'm going to predict we have 9 guys that average double figure in minutes.

Minute Breakdown per position

1 - Madden (9), Beard (19), Durham (12)
2 - Bell (18), Madden (16), Beard (2), Babb (2), Watkins (2)
3 - Qualls (26), Miles (9), Babb (5)
4 - Harris (18), Williams (9), Miles (4), Portis (9)
5 - Portis (18), Kingsley (19), Thompson (3)

Portis  - 27 MPG
Qualls  - 26 MPG
Madden  - 25 MPG
Beard   - 21 MPG
Kingsley- 19 MPG
Bell    - 18 MPG
Harris  - 18 MPG
Miles   - 13 MPG
Durham  - 12 MPG
Williams- 09 MPG
Babb    - 07 MPG
Thompson- 03 MPG
Watkins - 02 MPG

We should be a team that can go 9-11 deep next year, I'm going to say we have 9 guys that average double figure in minutes.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: -Blu on April 20, 2014, 11:57:37 pm
Since our roster is all set for next year, barring any unexpected surprises, thought it be interesting to get some minute predictions going.  Obviously we are working in some new pieces and don't know what we're going to get from some of the new guys, but based on needs and expectations we can put together something.

We should be a team that can go 9-11 deep next year, I'm going to predict we have 9 guys that average double figure in minutes.

Portis  - 27 MPG
Qualls  - 26 MPG
Madden  - 25 MPG
Beard   - 21 MPG
Kingsley- 19 MPG
Bell    - 18 MPG
Harris  - 18 MPG
Miles   - 13 MPG
Durham  - 12 MPG
Williams- 09 MPG
Babb    - 07 MPG
Thompson- 03 MPG
Watkins - 02 MPG

We should be a team that can go 9-11 deep next year, I'm going to say we have 9 guys that average double figure in minutes.
I agree with that though I think Thompson could play 10 or close to that in some games and in some games only play 3 or 4.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: -Blu on April 20, 2014, 11:57:37 pm

Portis  - 27 MPG
Qualls  - 26 MPG
Madden  - 25 MPG
Beard   - 21 MPG
Kingsley- 19 MPG
Bell    - 18 MPG
Harris  - 18 MPG
Miles   - 13 MPG
Durham  - 12 MPG
Williams- 09 MPG
Babb    - 07 MPG
Thompson- 03 MPG
Watkins - 02 MPG

Yea I'm very interested to see. I see you have Harris as the main 4, is agree there were some head banging moments with him but overall I think he was close to being awesome.  I love his versatility.

z1on

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 21, 2014, 12:28:32 am
Yea I'm very interested to see. I see you have Harris as the main 4, is agree there were some head banging moments with him but overall I think he was close to being awesome.  I love his versatility.

He really improved toward the end of the year.

PoormansRobbyHampton

I think Thompson will get some run at the 4 and the 5, depending on who he's sharing the floor with up front.

Moses protects the rim so well that I think Thompson plays the 4 there. If he's out there with Bobby then I think it would just depend upon the match-up.

The_Iceman

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on April 22, 2014, 12:20:53 pm
I think Thompson will get some run at the 4 and the 5, depending on who he's sharing the floor with up front.

Moses protects the rim so well that I think Thompson plays the 4 there. If he's out there with Bobby then I think it would just depend upon the match-up.

Trey and Moses will almost NEVER be on the floor at the same time.

mountainhog

What about durham? I think he gets more minutes than Beard. I watched Beard play in only one game and he didn't start at point.  I think he is a very good player but may have a bit of a learning curve.

-Blu

Quote from: mountainhog on April 24, 2014, 06:43:44 pm
What about durham? I think he gets more minutes than Beard. I watched Beard play in only one game and he didn't start at point.  I think he is a very good player but may have a bit of a learning curve.

We will see.... my OP was just a prediction, just based on my opinion from what I've seen. It could be completely wrong.  And FWIF I really like Durham's game, I've watched 2 full games of him playing and I hope he comes in and competes for a starting spot/big minutes, he has that potential. I actually listened to an interview he had a couple days ago on 99.1, he's a really articulate kid, spiritual, hard working and just has the right attitude, I wish him nothing but the best.