Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just realized....

Started by -Blu, February 22, 2014, 10:18:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

We have less than a 48 hour turnaround from out Kentucky game to the Georgia game.  We won't even get back in Arkansas until late Thursday night, possible Friday (12-1AM). We're not even going to get a practice in between these game they'll probably do a quick walk-through on Friday and shoot around Saturday morning and that's it.  Georgia on the other hand gets the early week game on Tuesday, then gets 3 days to prepare for us.  This doesn't seem rfair, I noticed usually when you get the quick turnaround like this the other team u sally at least plays a late game on Wednesday to kinda even it up.

Hoggy1

It happened with Vandy/Missouri a couple of weeks ago and we did just fine. 
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on February 22, 2014, 10:18:42 pm
We have less than a 48 hour turnaround from out Kentucky game to the Georgia game.  We won't even get back in Arkansas until late Thursday night, possible Friday (12-1AM). We're not even going to get a practice in between these game they'll probably do a quick walk-through on Friday and shoot around Saturday morning and that's it.  Georgia on the other hand gets the early week game on Tuesday, then gets 3 days to prepare for us.  This doesn't seem rfair, I noticed usually when you get the quick turnaround like this the other team u sally at least plays a late game on Wednesday to kinda even it up.
+1
I like reading your posts because you seem to be on top of things and know your stuff

VT HOG

These guys are used to playing in AAU tournaments where they play 6 games in a weekend. They'll be fine.

three hog night

UGA will be a different game as we have improved a lot since that loss.  I hope that the refs don't let UGA play football like they did in Athens.  I expect a solid WIN over UGA.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: three hog night on February 24, 2014, 08:58:54 am
UGA will be a different game as we have improved a lot since that loss.  I hope that the refs don't let UGA play football like they did in Athens.  I expect a solid WIN over UGA.
We will beat Georgia and Ole Miss at Home. Lose at Kentucky. The game AT Alabama is the game that is up In the air.

thirtythree

i don't think it will be that bad unless they get dominated by UK. If they play well, whether they win or lose, I think they will be fine.

chiefhawg

Quote from: Hoggy1 on February 22, 2014, 10:21:46 pm
It was Missouri/LSU.  Missouri Thursday and LSU Saturday afternoon.

YouCrawl_IQuall

You are over thinking it. 1 full day off is more then enough

Mick Hogger

No days off in the SEC tournament. Not going anywhere then if we can't overcome this.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

RyeHogFan

According to what some have said of Anderson, he doesn't really prepare any individualized game plans for each opponent, so other than less rest, there will be no disadvantage.

onebadrubi

Last year we played a similar scenario.  We Went to Bama on a Thursday night and lost a close game by 3, and bama plays a tough D so it was no easy game on the legs.  Came home and beat tenner on saturday, then turned around and beat Florida at home on Tuesday. 

We will be just fine.  If we are hungover on Saturday it will be emotionally, not physically. 

I also believe we played another thursday, saturday, tuesday series last year but can't remember which teams we played. 

code red

Quote from: Hoggy1 on February 22, 2014, 10:21:46 pm
Yep
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

The real Hogules

Quote from: Mick Hogger on February 24, 2014, 10:39:54 am
No days off in the SEC tournament. Not going anywhere then if we can't overcome this.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

In your scenario EVERY team in the SECT has approximately the same amount of time to get their legs back under them, where as Georgia has almost three full days to recover from their Tuesday night contest.

Hey, I'm just saying............................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

code red

If we beat Kentucky.  Which you figure if we do we are in a great position.  Then these kids will be loaded for bear on Sat.  Lack of rest should not be a issue at home in the Bud.  I think at this point you gotta put all your eggs in one basket and sell out vs. UK.  Now.... this is pure speculation but we probably need to win out considering the SEC is garbage this year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Atlhogfan1

Why are we concerned about this if Mike is implementing his program successfully?

1.  Our team is supposed to be superiorly conditioned to our opponents and have a deeper rotation of players.

2.  If we do what we want to do effectively, our opponents have to prepare for us and not us spending time to prepare for them.  Well at least that was Nolan's philosophy and Mike does and says pretty much what Nolan did.

The game will not go as it did in Athens.  32% FG%, -19 in FTA and -5 in pts off turnovers won't happen at home on a day's rest or a week's rest. 

This turnaround could be good prep for the NCAAT, right? :)  Start getting the players especially underclassmen in that mindset.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hambone

A good crowd in the Bud will counter out any concerns for lack of rest.

dhornjr1

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on February 24, 2014, 09:27:42 am
You are over thinking it. 1 full day off is more then enough

No kidding.

You play Thursday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday in the NCAA Tournament.

WizardofhOgZ

OP's point is valid, but during the course of the season all of the other teams have to go through similar things as well.  Pretty much balances out in the long run.

Oh - and they players are 19-20 years old.  Pretty resilient at that age, as I recall . . .

Kevin

Quote from: VT HOG on February 22, 2014, 10:57:28 pm
These guys are used to playing in AAU tournaments where they play 6 games in a weekend. They'll be fine.

please don't compare an aau game to a ncaa division 1 game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

it is a tough situation late in the year. this is why i think georgia will not be an easy game.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

porkinsons disease

Quote from: -Blu on February 22, 2014, 10:18:42 pm
I mentioned that in the "What Happens At Kentucky" thread. I know these guys are young, but a tough game Thursday and then another quick one Saturday will be tough. I just hope they get their legs back. Even I (an accused MA hater..lol), am giving them a pass on Saturday.

I hope this is an non-factor and the Hogs give us their best game on Saturday.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 24, 2014, 01:12:10 pm
OP's point is valid, but during the course of the season all of the other teams have to go through similar things as well.  Pretty much balances out in the long run.

Oh - and they players are 19-20 years old.  Pretty resilient at that age, as I recall . . .

No sign of leg weariness on Saturday, as expected . . . ;)

onebadrubi

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 03, 2014, 01:23:25 pm
No sign of leg weariness on Saturday, as expected . . . ;)

We played 3 games in 6 days twice last year, we were going to be just fine.