Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WGC Cadillac Moving from Doral to Mexico

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, June 01, 2016, 12:52:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

root_hawg

GoHogs1091

Cadillac chose to not renew it's sponsorship.  Probably doesn't want to be affiliated anymore with a Trump owned property.

According to the following article, the PGA Tour tried for a year to find another sponsor, but that became more difficult due to the vitriol that Trump is spewing.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/golf/sfl-report-pga-tour-leaving-trump-s-doral-course-for-mexico-city-20160601-story.html

If Trump is as good at deal making as he claims he is, then he could have made a deal and got another sponsor.  Sounds like Trump needs to rewrite his The Art of the Deal book.

A lot of the PGA Tour Pros are probably very glad to see it moved from Doral, a mediocre course with too much water.  As someone stated in a thread on another message board about this news, at Doral two-thirds of the field is eliminated before a peg is even put in the ground.

root_hawg

it is a long course which favors the long knockers

hoglady

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on June 01, 2016, 06:04:07 pm
Cadillac chose to not renew it's sponsorship.  Probably doesn't want to be affiliated anymore with a Trump owned property.

According to the following article, the PGA Tour tried for a year to find another sponsor, but that became more difficult due to the vitriol that Trump is spewing.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/golf/sfl-report-pga-tour-leaving-trump-s-doral-course-for-mexico-city-20160601-story.html

If Trump is as good at deal making as he claims he is, then he could have made a deal and got another sponsor.  Sounds like Trump needs to rewrite his The Art of the Deal book.

A lot of the PGA Tour Pros are probably very glad to see it moved from Doral, a mediocre course with too much water.  As someone stated in a thread on another message board about this news, at Doral two-thirds of the field is eliminated before a peg is even put in the ground.

I don't believe Trump is too involved right now in the day to day operations of his business.
I doubt he personally tried to find another sponsor while running for President.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

EastexHawg

Tim Finchem says it's nothing personal and that politics have nothing to do with this move.  Yeah, right.

Doral has been a tour stop since the early 60s.  It's a PGA Tour tradition and it's a shame to see it abandoned.  And...the Tour is going to expand its footprint into Mexico?  Really?  I'm sure millions of young Mexican children will take up the game now.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 02, 2016, 10:11:11 am
Tim Finchem says it's nothing personal and that politics have nothing to do with this move.  Yeah, right.

Doral has been a tour stop since the early 60s.  It's a PGA Tour tradition and it's a shame to see it abandoned.  And...the Tour is going to expand its footprint into Mexico?  Really?  I'm sure millions of young Mexican children will take up the game now.

Already had one there, Mayakoba.  This will be the second one.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

I think it's one thing to invent and hold a relatively minor off-season event at a resort city on the Mexican Riviera...and another to move a WGC event from one of the tour's most traditional and established venues to central Mexico.  What's the play here?  That golf is going to take off and explode in Mexico?  Or that Finchem and the Tour are going to stick it to Trump by taking a big event out of Miami because he owns the course where it has been played?

I think the real answer is pretty obvious.

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 02, 2016, 10:25:08 am
I think it's one thing to invent and hold a relatively minor off-season event at a resort city on the Mexican Riviera...and another to move a WGC event from one of the tour's most traditional and established venues to central Mexico.  What's the play here?  That golf is going to take off and explode in Mexico?  Or that Finchem and the Tour are going to stick it to Trump by taking a big event out of Miami because he owns the course where it has been played?

I think the real answer is pretty obvious.

Trump said if he becomes president that they won't even be able to get to Mexico. That Wall is going to not only keep Mexicans out, but keep the PGA in.