Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cool Story

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, April 06, 2016, 11:21:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Esteban Toledo is a Mexican golfer who plays on the Champions Tour.  I remember when he was on the regular tour; he never won an event but he came close a few times.  He grew up impoverished in Mexico and relied on the generosity of others in America to help fund his efforts to get on the tour.  By all accounts he's a great, popular guy.  He never qualified for the Masters, never played in it, and has never even visited Augusta.

Sandy Lyle, another Champions Tour player who plays in the Masters every year as a past champion, has asked Toledo to caddy for him this year (at Toledo's request; he's offered his services for free just so he can see Augusta).  Pretty classy move by Lyle.

http://www.pgatour.com/champions/news/2016/03/18/esteban-toledo-caddie-masters-sandy-lyle.html
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

CabotHog87

That's awesome! Yesterday I saw that the champions dinner menu was posted. I was thinking about how cool it must be to play the game for a living at the highest level and be able to sit there among all of those great champions and ambassadors of the game.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: CabotHog87 on April 06, 2016, 12:08:58 pm
That's awesome! Yesterday I saw that the champions dinner menu was posted. I was thinking about how cool it must be to play the game for a living at the highest level and be able to sit there among all of those great champions and ambassadors of the game.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 06, 2016, 12:13:34 pm

How unreal would that be ? Sitting around listening to Faldo tell everyone how good he was in his hay day. Eldrick complaining about his chair. Fuzzy sitting as far away from Eldrick as possible. Eldrick cracking a watermelon joke for dessert and all the tight asses too PC to laugh. Bubba with his southern drawl. What a night. They should have invited Ms. Rice as her presence would definitely raise the collective IQ of the room. Nice post, Jackrabbit.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 06, 2016, 12:20:57 pm
How unreal would that be ? Sitting around listening to Faldo tell everyone how good he was in his hay day. Eldrick complaining about his chair. Fuzzy sitting as far away from Eldrick as possible. Eldrick cracking a watermelon joke for dessert and all the tight asses too PC to laugh. Bubba with his southern drawl. What a night. They should have invited Ms. Rice as her presence would definitely raise the collective IQ of the room. Nice post, Jackrabbit.

I read a story yesterday about the Champions Dinner.  Supposedly before last year they were pretty mundane.  People showed up, visited, ate, the host would say few words, then Billy Payne, then everyone would leave.  But last year they gave a present to Arnold - it was a piece of wood they had saved from the Eisenhower Tree (that had been destroyed in a storm the previous year).  Arnold got up and started reminiscing, which caused somebody else to do the same after Arnold was finished.  Eventually all the old guys got their turn and they said there wasn't a dry eye in the room at the end.  Adam Scott said he hopes that started a new tradition and that all the Champions Dinners are like that in the future.

ricepig

I'm not impressed with the wine selections, I doubt those even come in a box.