Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official 2016 Masters week thread

Started by Hawgndaaz, April 04, 2016, 04:21:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Spieth now a co-leader at -2 thru 6.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boarcephus

Wonder what's happened to Dufner?  He went from good to average fairly quickly.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 07, 2016, 10:50:14 am
Wonder what's happened to Dufner?  He went from good to average fairly quickly.

Augusta isn't a good course for Duf-daddy.  He's not long off the tee, and he's not a good putter. 

He did win a tournament earlier this year, so he's had some recent success.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 07, 2016, 10:31:57 am
Beat you by 3 seconds dude.  Too slow.
Spieth fixin' to be -3 after 8.   >:(

Jackrabbit Hog

Matthew Fitzpatrick birdies the first two holes.  Spieth leads at -3, behind him are Casey, Burger, Donaldson and Fitzpatrick.

Jackrabbit Hog

Dustin Johnson with 3 birdies in a 4 hole stretch to get to -2 and tied for second.

So it must be a Thursday.

Jackrabbit Hog

Jackrabbit Hog

Yikes!  Fowler with the snowman on that easy par 5 13th.  That's a double and a triple for Rickie today.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 07, 2016, 12:15:56 pm
Yikes!  Fowler with the snowman on that easy par 5 13th.  That's a double and a triple for Rickie today.

Hopefully they don't change 13 to a par 4........

Jackrabbit Hog

I hope the masters.org leaderboard is wrong.  It is showing Ernie Els with a 10 on the first hole.

Apparently that's correct.  Wow.  +6 after one hole. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Spieth about to putt for eagle on 13 from about 12 feet.

Jackrabbit Hog

Spieth -5 thru 13 and back to a 2 stroke lead.

Jason Day out of the chute quickly.  Eagles no. 2.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 07, 2016, 12:28:48 pm
I hope the masters.org leaderboard is wrong.  It is showing Ernie Els with a 10 on the first hole.

I've done that before, no need to be upset.

ricepig

I'm sorry, but I have to mute that bloke doing the coverage on 15 & 16.

Hawgndaaz

I usually skip around on the different online groups.. but I have yet to take it off Spieth/DeChambleau. Such different styles yet both so fun to watch... the young'un is NOT scared.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2016, 12:59:44 pm
I'm sorry, but I have to mute that bloke doing the coverage on 15 & 16.

I'm watching the featured groups; the guys calling them aren't bad.

Fowler is toast.  +7 now, next to last for those who have played so far.

Jackrabbit Hog

One of the things I admire about Spieth most is that he will not get out of his game plan.  He has been the shortest off the tee on just about every hole, sometimes by 20-30 yards.  But he's tearing up the course.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 07, 2016, 01:02:01 pm
I'm watching the featured groups; the guys calling them aren't bad.

Fowler is toast.  +7 now, next to last for those who have played so far.

Yeah, me too for the most part, but I was switching around a little, he's to Cockney, or British, or something, lol......

Jackrabbit Hog

Mickelson is +2 thru 12.  The Eastex kiss of death strikes again.

Jackrabbit Hog

Spieth now with a 3 shot lead after Justin Rose drops back to -2.  And he has a decent shot at birdie on 15.

Jackrabbit Hog

DeChambeau with his first real mistake of the day.  Over the 15th green in two, he goes back over the other side and into the water with his third. 

Hawgndaaz

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 07, 2016, 12:28:48 pm

In case you want to watch it.

https://twitter.com/SNFaizalKhamisa/status/718138791698030593

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2016, 01:25:27 pm
In case you want to watch it.

https://twitter.com/SNFaizalKhamisa/status/718138791698030593

That's the worst I've ever seen.  There are youtubes out there of Els and his putting troubles the last couple of years.  I've seen him miss lots of 2 footers, but not five in a row!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 07, 2016, 01:13:49 pm
Spieth now with a 3 shot lead after Justin Rose drops back to -2.  And he has a decent shot at birdie on 15.

Doesn't appear replacing the cracked driver is hurting him too much.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hawgndaaz

Jackrabbit Hog

Contrast Els with Spieth.  Spieth is a wizard with the flatstick.  Just poured in a curling 15 footer on 16 to save par ... again.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 07, 2016, 01:35:27 pm
Contrast Els with Spieth.  Spieth is a wizard with the flatstick.  Just poured in a curling 15 footer on 16 to save par ... again.

And up till now he has not been putting well at all.

Jackrabbit Hog

Really nice leaderboard shaping up.  Spieth is going to finish either -5 or -6.  Right behind him are Casey, Justin Rose, Brant Snedeker, Bubba Watson and Jason Day, among others.

Jackrabbit Hog

....and Spieth birdies 18 to shoot 66.

clutch

Has to be tough to know you pretty much shot yourself out of contention on the first hole. A 7 putt? Wow.

Boarcephus

Saw where Day shot a smooth 31 on the  front for -5 start.

Jackrabbit Hog

Certainly possible we may get a repeat of the final group at Whistling Straits this weekend.

Jackrabbit Hog

Rory just hit an honest to goodness worm burner through the pine straw on 11.  The ball advanced about 50 yards.

That'll go nicely with Ernie's putting.

Jackrabbit Hog

Day has gotten sloppy coming in.  Bogeyed the par 5 15th; rinsed his tee ball on 16 and ended up tripling it.  Goes from -5 to -1 just like that.

Bubba has mailed it in after the turn as well.  Was -3 after 8 holes and is now +4 playing the last hole.

Jackrabbit Hog

Rory with the eagle on 13.  Here he comes..

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 07, 2016, 04:52:21 pm
Day has gotten sloppy coming in.  Bogeyed the par 5 15th; rinsed his tee ball on 16 and ended up tripling it.  Goes from -5 to -1 just like that.

Bubba has mailed it in after the turn as well.  Was -3 after 8 holes and is now +4 playing the last hole.
I'm anxious to see if things continue to go south for Jason if he will start the whining like a former #1 used to do when he started playing bad.

By the way, Danny Lee is a cordial fellow and a darned good golfer.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

EastexHawg

Day has fallen apart like a cheap suit.

And...Mickelson isn't exactly dead just yet.  That first putt on 18 was atrocious, though.

Iwastherein1969

McIlroy's putt on the 14th missed. How, I haven't a clue, 6 inches from the hole it looked center-cut.  Come on Roy, play #15 like a champ.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Jackrabbit Hog

Good grief at the Euros in the top 10.

Lowery, Casey, Rose Poulter, Rory, Willett, Garcia and Kjeldsen.

Jackrabbit Hog

Cabrera with a 9 on 15.  Boy, there have been some big numbers today.  There's gonna end up being more rounds in the 80s than in the 60s.

EastexHawg

The guys who played in the middle of the day today got the worst of the wind.  Those who teed off early got a break.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 07, 2016, 05:24:10 pm
The guys who played in the middle of the day today got the worst of the wind.  Those who teed off early got a break.

Bobby Clampet just said that Spieth's 66 was "all the more remarkable because he played in the worst of the wind today." 

It's almost dead calm right now.

ricepig

Looks like the English are invading.

Jackrabbit Hog

Jackrabbit Hog

First round is in the books.  Here's your top 10:

1.  Jordan Spieth (66)
2.  Danny Lee (68)
2.  Shane Lowery (68)
4.  Paul Casey (69)
4.  Justin Rose (69)
4.  Ian Poulter (69)
4.  Soren Kjeldsen (69)
4.  Sergio Garcia (69)
9.  Billy Horschel (70)
9.  Scott Piercy (70)
9.  Danny Willett (70)
9.  Rory McIlroy (70)

Spieth was the only bogey-free round of the day, played in the worst wind conditions.  Jason Day and McIlroy both challenged Spieth's lead during the round, but both finished poorly.

Some notables that are below the projected cut line:  Bubba Watson, Branden Grace, Matt Kuchar, Bill Haas, Jason Dufner, Patrick Reed, Adam Scott, Charl Schwartzel, David Lingmerth, Rickie Fowler, and Ernie Els,

ricepig

Now it's time for some serious film classics, Animal House, followed by Caddyshack. Unfortunately, they're on AMC......