Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Putter Headcovers

Started by RazorPiggie, March 30, 2016, 01:17:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

So I was trolling ebay the other day thinking about buying a new headcover for my Odyssey putter since mine always falls off. Came across some Scotty Cameron cover that go for $300+ dollars. Started doing some more research and notice people collect these and put them on a shelf never to actually use them. Why on earth would you pay that much and never use it????? I'm still confused by that.

So naturally I bought a Batman cover from Customshop911 ($10) and then a Odyssey cover that's got Mickey Mouse on it ($25, guy had it listed at the buy it now price for $65) since my little girl loves her some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

clutch

I've never understood that either. I can't imagine paying $300 for a putter, much less the headcover. That's mainly because I'm not confident that I can make putts with any putter in the world. I can miss them just fine with a $100 putter.

Dillar Dog

I'm happy these people exist.  I once sold a putter cover for $750.

GolfNut57

Quote from: clutch on March 30, 2016, 08:35:30 pm
I've never understood that either. I can't imagine paying $300 for a putter, much less the headcover. That's mainly because I'm not confident that I can make putts with any putter in the world. I can miss them just fine with a $10 flea market putter.

FIFY....... ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

RazorPiggie

March 31, 2016, 10:10:52 am #4 Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:34:16 am by RazorPiggie
Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 30, 2016, 08:54:18 pm

lol That's just stupid in my opinion. Maybe because I don't have that kind of money to just blow on a putter cover.

PonderinHog

I like to let my putter breathe - commando style.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 30, 2016, 08:54:18 pm

You oughta be ashamed......... ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

HSVhogfan2

I lose the cover to my Monterey circle T about once a month. Someone always puts it in lost and found for me. I think another one is only $50 though
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 31, 2016, 07:08:51 pm
I lose the cover to my Monterey circle T about once a month. Someone always puts it in lost and found for me. I think another one is only $50 though

My regular Odyssey cover is always falling off. I normally just leave it the cart basket during the round. These new covers stay on much better.

Hawgndaaz

Cameron putter covers are the beanie babies of the golf world.

That, and some people just have too much money. Dillar can vouch for those types I imagine.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on April 01, 2016, 10:44:04 am
Cameron putter covers are the beanie babies of the golf world.

That, and some people just have too much money. Dillar can vouch for those types I imagine.

Pretty good example right there.

Wildhog

Never really had much use for a putter headcover.  It's a hassle and easily lost.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977