Started by Hogfaniam, March 26, 2016, 04:23:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

DownTownHawg

Lol.... WOW !!!!

Would have no idea .

ricepig

It's not in the cup, fix the mark and place it there. Or, count it, I'm good either way.

DownTownHawg

Never seen that , would love to know what the ruling would be

Dr. Starcs

ricepig

majestic

Quote from: ricepig on March 26, 2016, 06:38:40 pm
Can't yet, we haven't heard from Perry.....
That would not and could not happen on one of his courses.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

GolfNut57

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 26, 2016, 04:23:02 pm

The ball must be fully within the circumference of the cup and completely below the level of the lip AND at rest to be considered holed out. Therefore the ball must be marked, picked up, ball mark repaired and ball replaced as close to the spot as possible before taking the next stroke.

I quote: "The definition of "holed" reads:

A ball is "holed" when it is at rest within the circumference of the hole and all of it is below the level of the lip of the hole.

In Decision 16/2, if the ball embeds in the side of the hole and all of the ball is below the level of the lip of the hole.  The Decision states that the ball should be considered holed.

Obviously in the above pic the entire ball is not below the level of the lip. Tough break........or as they say....that is the rub of the green.

Of course.......if the ball falls on into the cup within ten seconds after the golfer has arrived at the hole (not the green) it is then considered holed. If it falls into the cup after ten seconds the ball is considered holed, HOWEVER the golfer must add one stroke to his score.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Pulled(PP)pork

yeah, I would make you putt that out....but I'm a bastard when it comes to golf

PP

GolfNut57

Of course you could always CAREFULLY remove the flag stick without touching the ball, putt the ball fully into the cup from the embedded lie and THEN repair the ball mark. 

"I'd suggest using the toe of the putter to hole out"  :)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

PonderinHog

I'd be jumping as close as possible to the ball until it fell in.

GolfNut57

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 27, 2016, 12:58:47 pm
I'd be jumping as close as possible to the ball until it fell in.

Yeah, I am sure your partners, the other players behind you on the course and the greens keeper will appreciate the deep depressions all around the hole.  ;)

Not to mention that would be a penalty. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 27, 2016, 03:06:31 pm
Yeah, I am sure your partners, the other players behind you on the course and the greens keeper will appreciate the deep depressions all around the hole.  ;)

Not to mention that would be a penalty.
Whatever, on to Plan B.   >:(

GolfNut57

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 27, 2016, 04:35:29 pm
Whatever, on to Plan B.   >:(

You're penalized one stroke for not calling Fore.  :)

root_hawg

Fix the divot and replace the ball as near to the hole as possible then continue, nice birdie

ricepig

Quote from: root_hawg on March 28, 2016, 09:12:57 am
Fix the divot and replace the ball as near to the hole as possible then continue, nice birdie

Birdie??? That was for a 6......

GolfNut57

Quote from: ricepig on March 28, 2016, 09:22:03 am
Birdie??? That was for a 6......

A 6 IS a birdie by Hogville standards.  ;)