Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gulf Shores golf?

Started by HognitiveDissonance, February 22, 2016, 11:23:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

Anyone want to contribute their $0.02 on what to play and what to avoid?

I've played Kiva Dunes before and not opposed to playing it again. But what about the others?

Dillar Dog

Peninsula is ok.  The wharf is also just ok.  I wouldn't bother with lost key.

Both craft farms courses are good.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 23, 2016, 07:19:34 am

The craft farms courses are good and if I remember right they are less expensive than some of the others. My dad and I played them in the afternoon and I think they were about $40
SOOIE

RazorPiggie

scogs

oldman1015

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 23, 2016, 07:19:34 am

lost key should be called lost ball. kiva and craft farms are my top two.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: oldman1015 on March 15, 2016, 08:12:15 am
lost key should be called lost ball. kiva and craft farms are my top two.
Which course at Craft Farms would you choose?

oldman1015

MS_HogFan

SOOIE

HognitiveDissonance

Did play both courses at Craft Farms and also enjoyed both of them. Very nice courses.

Made more putts at Cypress Bend than I have in a long time. Maybe I was just hot that day, because on Day 2 at Cotton Creek I didn't make anything. But I was prepared to give full credit to the greens at Cypress.

Tim Harris

Anyone played Scenic Hills?

Also you guys stay at Kiva/Craft if you are going there or stay somewhere else? 

I'm going down next July for a wedding.  Probably only get 1 round in so not sure it is worth staying at a golf resort.

oldman1015

Quote from: Tim Harris on May 25, 2016, 01:39:43 pm

I'm going down next July for a wedding.  Probably only get 1 round in so not sure it is worth staying at a golf resort.
no and no. in may we stay at a friend's beach house in gulf shores. in july we rent a house.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Tim Harris on May 25, 2016, 01:39:43 pm

If you're referring to the one near Pensacola, yes.
It's merely ok, nothing great.
In fact, I was quite disappointed in Pensacola golf. Not one single great course there that is public.
The choices in Gulf Shores(Craft Farms, Kiva Dunes, Peninsula) all surpass Pensacola area courses.
If I had to play one of them again in Pensacola, I would pick Marcus Pointe.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on May 25, 2016, 02:51:14 pm
If you're referring to the one near Pensacola, yes.
It's merely ok, nothing great.
In fact, I was quite disappointed in Pensacola golf. Not one single great course there that is public.
The choices in Gulf Shores(Craft Farms, Kiva Dunes, Peninsula) all surpass Pensacola area courses.
If I had to play one of them again in Pensacola, I would pick Marcus Pointe.

You didn't like Tiger Point? Shame that the Moors shut down several years ago.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

HognitiveDissonance

Tiger Point was ok.
I probably wouldn't play it again, though.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on May 27, 2016, 11:40:37 pm
Tiger Point was ok.
I probably wouldn't play it again, though.

Only courses I ever played around Pcola were Tiger Point, Marcus Pointe,  Perdido Key and the Moors. Of the four the Moors was the best. Which is why I said it was a shame it closed.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.