Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA vs Troy football game

Started by COVELANDING HOG, April 16, 2007, 09:10:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

COVELANDING HOG

This will be a exciting game.  Their  QB, WR  and RB  all return from a team that killed rice in their bowl game and almost beat FSU and had GT Tied in the 4th quarter last year.  Those 2 games were  early in the year. If they stop Dmac they will win this game and if our Defense gives up 28 pts  they will win this game even if dmac runs for 300  yds.  IMHO this game will also give us trouble because its our first game.  I also believe this game will be on TV  because of their record last year and DMAC  Possibly on sun nite ..

Footballref

I think you are giving this team a little to much credit dude. For one GT was not as good as there record I watched them play
they had no offense.
Last time I check just because it is FSU doesn't mean anything because they have not been that good in a couple of years.

We will have no problem with this team we will out class them by a mile and we win by atleast 3 touchdowns.

I will agree though Troy is not a bad nonconference opponent.

moses_007

Where is Troy?  Somewhere in Europe?

SquirrelMasterFunk

Do not take this team lightly.

They sneak up on one major conference team a year it seems like.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: cbad on April 16, 2007, 09:28:24 pm

......and never beats them

RazorRaider

While I think we should win this game. I have a feeling it will be a lot closer than most people think.

It has the potential to be a rude awakening.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Footballref

RhodeHog

Yippee.  I'm giddy with excitement!

clemensrules01

Mcfadden and Felix may be able to beat them by themselves.

Hollywood_HOGan45

those cats could end up giving us a game.

RazorRaider

Let's all keep one thing in mind folks.

I don't think anyone would have thought they would have ever seen the day a school like the Citadel would have beaten Arkansas, but it did happen.

The lesson in all that is take no one lightly.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

RhodeHog

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 16, 2007, 09:36:04 pm

I don't think anyone would have thought they would have ever seen the day a school like the Citadel would have beaten Arkansas, but it did happen.

Actually, you're right.  With Nutt's record for opening games and with Troy being a respectable team, it could very well be interesting.

PIGINAPOKE

Barn burner.......................Wow.......
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

COVELANDING HOG

April 16, 2007, 09:42:14 pm #13 Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:43:51 pm by COVELANDING HOG
Quote from: Footballref on April 16, 2007, 09:23:33 pm
IF the team that showed up against utah state shows up against troy they beat us 3 TDS easy This game scares me because it the first game..

COVELANDING HOG

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 16, 2007, 09:37:55 pm
Quote from: RazorRaider on April 16, 2007, 09:36:04 pm

Actually, you're right.  With Nutt's record for opening games and with Troy being a respectable team, it could very well be interesting.       And a open week after then al on the road can you say 0-2  and adios HDN

blue

I already have troy winning. I just can't wait to hear frank's excuse for not pulling the trigger.

clemensrules01

im going to bump this thread after we beat troy by 3 or 4 touchdowns...

Albert Einswine

Quote from: blue on April 16, 2007, 09:46:55 pm
I already have troy winning. I just can't wait to hear frank's excuse for not pulling the trigger.

I don't think they'll beat us,  but it could be closer than any of us would ever dread to see.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

RazorRaider

Quote from: clemens on April 16, 2007, 09:47:48 pm

Nothing wrong in that. Those are times it is nice to be wrong.

But will you think to bump this thread if we were to win by say 10 or less?
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

blue

As a sports better, I would not take troy as an even bet either, but if someone wants to take the hogs and give 28 points pm me and get all you want.

clemensrules01

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 16, 2007, 09:50:37 pm

probably not but im sure someone will if that happens.

RhodeHog

Quote from: clemens on April 16, 2007, 09:51:53 pm
Quote from: RazorRaider on April 16, 2007, 09:50:37 pm

probably not but im sure someone will if that happens.

Oooh, oooh, me, me!

OnYourToes

Lest we forget Utah St. last year.

I know we shut them out but we only scored 20 on them.
And that after a horrific loss to Southern Cal the week before.  You could say that we had somethig to prove in that game and the result; 20-0 ???

In this coming game we have nothing to prove, coming off a 10 win, Capitol One Bowl, Heisman Runner up, SEC Coach of the year  :puke: and (once again) New Offiensive Coordinator, it could get interesting.

But we are at home, this is both teams' first game, we do have the personell to beat them back to Alabama.

I'm just sayin. . . .
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

gomersnerd

since asu beat them 33-26 at troy the hogs should blow them out by 40 or more.after all he won 10 games while playing one of the toughest schedules in NW Arkansas
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

BigArkyintheRock

An instant ESPN classic to be sure...not!
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Albert Einswine on April 16, 2007, 09:48:30 pm
Quote from: blue on April 16, 2007, 09:46:55 pm
I agree with you.

I don't think they'll beat us,  but it could be closer than any of us would ever dread to see.

The Hawg Marshal

Oops I agree with the second statement.

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

UMGOBLUE

i don't think Troy will be a hard game for you guys. it's KENTUCKY i'd worry about more for a spoiler!!!!
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
11 National Championships
42 Big Ten Championships

You can write tony all over that one Buckeyes

arkjay19

Troy will test Arkansas because it's the first game for a bunch of inexperienced players.  But the talent of players like Hillis, Monk, Jones, Robinson, Luigs, Mitchell, Dacus, Fairchild, Hewitt, and of course DMac will be too much for them in front of a 65,000+ crowd.

slopinhogs

i have said this before and i will say it again .if we rush for 380 yards and lose 21-14 who cares. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

COVELANDING HOG

Quote from: UMGOBLUE on April 16, 2007, 10:11:33 pm
i don't think Troy will be a hard game for you guys. it's KENTUCKY i'd worry about more for a spoiler!!!!
THAT MY FRIEND WILL BE OUR 2nd HOME LOSS

Mark Lericos

Those of you constantly calling up Troy's Sun Belt record have no clue about sports. It's called smaller teams playing an SEC team.  it's called guys who were snubbed by bigger schools getting a chance to get some revenge on the field.
   It's called motivation. And if Utah State proves anything to you... it's that the opposite emotion is felt by bigger school players when faced with a team they should kill. Hard to get motivated.

As I've said all along, I'm a troy guy... and I think we'll lose.  But I will gladly take a bet that says we cover the spread.  So go ahead... rip me to shreds for it... DMAC will happen 300 yds and you'll win by 45.  Maybe. Maybe not.  That's why they play the game.

z-pak

Yeah, it's our first game and that's always interesting, but it's also thier first game.  Advantage us. 
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

judgeroyswine

I am going to bump it when we narrowly escape in the 4th overtime.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

HogFan1973

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on April 16, 2007, 09:29:29 pm

They beat Missou a couple of years ago didn't they?

bphi11ips

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on April 16, 2007, 09:29:29 pm

Tell that to Missouri.  24-14 Troy. 2004 at Columbia.  Missouri was ranked 17 by USA today at the time.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

wayneslane

If we were to lose this. Would Nutt get fired. Another Citedel.

ttownhog

if so many of you think troy is so good then why is it bad if the game is close? Shouldn't the game be close if they are so good to almost upset so many teams. Las Vegas is not stupid, if troy is good, it won't be a big spread, so what then if the game is close? Why would it be a big deal to have a close game with a good team? By the way.... I don't think troy is that good, nor do I think the game will be that close.

hogchic2001

I agree with you!  I'm really worried about Kentucky!
Go HOGS Go!

Mark Lericos

April 17, 2007, 12:31:31 am #40 Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:33:07 am by Mark Lericos
Quote from: ttownhog on April 17, 2007, 12:09:30 am
if so many of you think troy is so good then why is it bad if the game is close? Shouldn't the game be close if they are so good to almost upset so many teams. Las Vegas is not stupid, if troy is good, it won't be a big spread, so what then if the game is close? Why would it be a big deal to have a close game with a good team? By the way.... I don't think troy is that good, nor do I think the game will be that close.

The fact you don't think Troy is good renders the rest of your argument moot. Go look at their record. Look at the big time teams they have beaten, and the ones they scared the hell out of too. From a Division 1-AA standing in the late 90's... so a solid Division 1-A program. And go ask Auburn and Alabama why they rarely play them. There's a reason. Same as Arkansas and Arkansas St.

hawgwild1087

I see this being like the Boise St game a couple of years ago.  Theres no way we lose a our first game of the year to a Sun Belt team. Troys a good team but we wont overlook a season opener...we'll be ready for em.  And theres no way their d can stop dmac and jones.

hawgwild1087

April 17, 2007, 01:05:21 am #42 Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:07:52 am by hawgwild1087
Quote from: mrszimme2001 on April 17, 2007, 12:28:41 am
I agree with you!  I'm really worried about Kentucky!
Kentuckys D was crap last year and i dont think itll be much better this year.  We'll run all over them...but if we cant shut down Woodson this will be a really good game.  We're hard to beat at home though.

hogchic2001

Woodson is who I'm worried about.  Also keep in mind the Clemson game!
Go HOGS Go!

go hogues

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on April 17, 2007, 01:05:21 am
We're hard to beat at home though.
You're joking? Right?

I think we'll whip Troy, but I think it will give a lot of fans false hope.  The ugliness will set in two weeks later at Tuscaloosa where we'll get waxed.  From the Bama game on, we have NO OFF WEEKS.  We are staring a no-better-than 7 win season in the face. 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: COVELANDING HOG on April 16, 2007, 09:10:58 pm
This will be a exciting game.  Their  QB, WR  and RB  all return from a team that killed rice in their bowl game and almost beat FSU and had GT Tied in the 4th quarter last year.  Those 2 games were  early in the year. If they stop Dmac they will win this game and if our Defense gives up 28 pts  they will win this game even if dmac runs for 300  yds.  IMHO this game will also give us trouble because its our first game.  I also believe this game will be on TV  because of their record last year and DMAC  Possibly on sun nite ..

This is the game I say we might lose. It's an upset in the making.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on April 17, 2007, 12:58:51 am
I see this being like the Boise St game a couple of years ago.  Theres no way we lose a our first game of the year to a Sun Belt team. Troys a good team but we wont overlook a season opener...we'll be ready for em.  And theres no way their d can stop dmac and jones.

I would almost guarantee this,  Troy will be better prepared and play with more fire.  Our defense will not be in great form because a Reggie Herring defense takes about 5 games to really get solidified.

This game will be scary.  I think we will win on the merit of having better athletes across the board, but I don't think Nutt will be the only one biting his nails before this one is over.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Silver Hog

We're no longer a major conference team. We are a sunbelt conference team. We may lose this one.

Think citadel.

Too many 2 star recruits and ladders.

WADHOG

Quote from: COVELANDING HOG on April 16, 2007, 09:10:58 pm
IF they stop DMAC, and IF they stop Felix, and IF they stop Hillis, and IF they do score 28.  IF a frog had wings.....well you know.  Troy won't beat us.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

We will win this game easily!  Troy lost to 3-9 UAB 21-3 and they also lost 56-0 to Nebraska.  Don't give this team too much credit!  Oh yea they also lost to Arkansas St last year.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!