Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No they didn't. Tell me I misunderstood.

Started by LJHOG, April 17, 2007, 01:46:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arslp

Quote from: heater on April 17, 2007, 01:49:51 pm
No. The article stated that Mitch submitted it.

with written permission that the information be made accessible to "Beckwith Campbell"
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

PigsCanFly

Quote from: arslp on April 17, 2007, 05:49:23 pm

with written permission that the information be made accessible to "Beckwith Campbell"
AKA "Mommie."

Hogphilia

Quote from: parrishw on April 17, 2007, 02:03:59 pm
Quote from: LJHOG on April 17, 2007, 01:52:03 pm
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 17, 2007, 01:49:13 pm
Yeah they did.,..so what? Hell, with all the legal nonsense going around, it'd make sense for anyone possibly involved to know what the heck is going on just in case it's worth knowing.

It's called "covering your bases."

I'd do the same thing if I were them.
No it ain't covering your bases.  It's called mommy and  I showed up on campus with Gus and an agenda.  That's what is says to me.

Since their request happened months after he showed up on campus and after he and his only parent heard about the craziness involving contacts by the coach with the hate email author how do you get that they showed up on campus with an agenda?
The agenda was established by HDN and you are reaching for something here that is not there.

If I were Mitch's parents, I would get TP and HDN and DN under oath....I would seek civil remedies against the Nutts for future income losses by causing Mitch to waste a year of eligibility...If they prove that the Nutts were accomplices to the email to Mitch, then they've got 'em.  BTW the threshold for proof is much lower in a civil case than in a criminal action.  You do not have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt....Circumstantial evidence is important in such legal proceedings....

No Wonder Nuttboy is hiding behind his lawyers...He knows what he has done and knows what the results could be.

Hogphilia

Quote from: PigsCanFly on April 17, 2007, 05:59:09 pm

AKA "Mommie."

Why don't you hugges stop with the "Mommie" routine?  How about talking about a 52 y/o man who relies on his "wifey" and Teresa to issue emails to try to protect his sorry a$$?  And leave the 18 y/o athlete and model student and citizen alone.

Hogphilia

Quote from: hawgsav1 on April 17, 2007, 05:41:07 pm
Quote from: Stamford Hog on April 17, 2007, 05:08:46 pm
Quote from: HighonSwine on April 17, 2007, 04:38:29 pm
If MM was run off, it was for a reason.  This has happened at every school over the 100 year history of Football from Jr High to HS to College and even the pros.  If they in fact did run him off, I am sure they had a good reason and I gurantee you 90% of the players are glad it happened if that is truely the case.

Seriously, have you been asleep for the last 12 months or are you really just that naive?  Perhaps you weren't watching when a true freshman that was 7-0 as a starter in the SEC was benched for a "more experienced" quarterback who had started three less games in his career. Perhaps you weren't paying attention during the LSU game when Dick went 3 for the ballgame and was outpassed by our running back. Yet we still kept the 7-0 parade all-american on the sidelines. HDN didn't want Mustain to succeed.  Period.

Oh my god, please look at the facts.  Yes Mustain was 8-0 as a starter, but it wasn't him that won the games.  We won many of those games (except Vandy which I will give him credit for) despite Mustain's play.  He threw wayyyy too many interceptions and didn't show any ability to improve (in fact, his play kept getting worse and worse until he threw an interception on the first play in the South Carolina game).  If you look at the stat-line, in the games that Dick had played, he had actually been able to complete some passes.  Yes he wasn't great, but he had actually had some of the burden of offensive production on his shoulders.  The QB's role in a run oriented offense is to let the TBs run the ball, and when everyone creeps up to the line of scrimmage (when you have 8-9 men in the box) you run a play-action pass and make the QB throw the ball deep or at least for a first down to either receiver or tight end.  In a run oriented offense you want to maintain ball control to keep your defense fresh and to limit your opponents chances to score.  Yes, Casey Dick didn't do that very well, but at least he didn't have so many turnovers.  I maintain that when Mustain was on the field it was a detriment to the team, especially later in his starts.  When you throw so many interceptions, it deflates your team, the home crowd, and it pumps up the opposing team crowd and fans.  Also, it will completely ruin a drive and hurt the ball control.  Look, I don't know what kind of man HDN is, but he's not stupid.  If he could put a big name guy in there and win games, I certainly bet he would.  If he didn't, then how can you explain Matt Jones and Clint Stoerner?  Those guys were huge on campus and probably upstaged Nutt for a lot of his career, yet HDN didn't bench them did he?  I'm not supporting HDN but I think people need to stop throwing out conspiracy theories and the like.

Regarding the possible lawsuit by Mustain (my friend liked to call him Mustang for the hell of it), frankly, there is no case.  People talk about harassment.  There are four types of legal harassment: Legal (excessive lawsuits etc.), sexual, hate speech (e.g. racial sexist homophobic), and psychological (using mean words).  The only possible one that this can fall under is psychological.  However, psychological harassment must be under REPEATED circumstances.  There was only ONE email sent to Mustain.  There was not a series of ten or eleven emails by the same person.  The reason it requires repeated cases is that I can be walking on the street and accidentally bump into you and then you just say something rude to me (such as e.g. "Watch where you are going you idiot").  If it is not a repeated circumstance, then I can simply sue under harassment because you called me an idiot.  Reggie Fish frankly has more incentive to sue, considering the mass amounts of emails he got after the punt drop against Florida.  One nasty email and a head coach not getting along with a player and quitting the football team is no reason to sue.

Regarding NCAA violations there are probably a lot more possible violations regarding the recruiting of Mustain than there are regarding his departure.  NCAA will not slap sanctions on someone because he gets a nasty email from a booster (if he gets a check, that's a different matter).  Booster-athlete contact is only prohibited during signing periods.  Afterwards it is allowed (think of all the Razorback banquets and little get togethers that they have).  Lack of Institutional Control is considered when there are multiple violations (paying players, hiring girls to have sex with recruits, blah blah blah) and the university and head coach either know about them and can't or won't do anything about them, or they are so severe to the extent that they simply cannot be stopped.  For those of you guys who have been around a lil bit longer than us, think SMU.  For us younger guys, think what almost happened to Bama football in the post Gene Stallings era.  Arkansas (at least to my knowledge anyway) is nowhere NEAR guilty of those kinds of things.

The only thing that could happen to HDN is for him to get internally disciplined by the U of A, the BOT, the AD or athletic department.  Since these things will not happen since there is little perogative to do so, then I highly doubt anything will happen to Houston Nutt.

Well thank you Mr. Attorney...One can tell from your vocabulary that you know about as much about legal proceedings as my black Lab.

mannequin99

Quote from: Hogphilia on April 17, 2007, 06:12:41 pm
If MM was run off, it was for a reason.  This has happened at every school over the 100 year history of Football from Jr High to HS to College and even the pros.  If they in fact did run him off, I am sure they had a good reason and I gurantee you 90% of the players are glad it happened if that is truely the case.

Seriously, have you been asleep for the last 12 months or are you really just that naive?  Perhaps you weren't watching when a true freshman that was 7-0 as a starter in the SEC was benched for a "more experienced" quarterback who had started three less games in his career. Perhaps you weren't paying attention during the LSU game when Dick went 3 for the ballgame and was outpassed by our running back. Yet we still kept the 7-0 parade all-american on the sidelines. HDN didn't want Mustain to succeed.  Period.

Oh my god, please look at the facts.  Yes Mustain was 8-0 as a starter, but it wasn't him that won the games.  We won many of those games (except Vandy which I will give him credit for) despite Mustain's play.  He threw wayyyy too many interceptions and didn't show any ability to improve (in fact, his play kept getting worse and worse until he threw an interception on the first play in the South Carolina game).  If you look at the stat-line, in the games that Dick had played, he had actually been able to complete some passes.  Yes he wasn't great, but he had actually had some of the burden of offensive production on his shoulders.  The QB's role in a run oriented offense is to let the TBs run the ball, and when everyone creeps up to the line of scrimmage (when you have 8-9 men in the box) you run a play-action pass and make the QB throw the ball deep or at least for a first down to either receiver or tight end.  In a run oriented offense you want to maintain ball control to keep your defense fresh and to limit your opponents chances to score.  Yes, Casey Dick didn't do that very well, but at least he didn't have so many turnovers.  I maintain that when Mustain was on the field it was a detriment to the team, especially later in his starts.  When you throw so many interceptions, it deflates your team, the home crowd, and it pumps up the opposing team crowd and fans.  Also, it will completely ruin a drive and hurt the ball control.  Look, I don't know what kind of man HDN is, but he's not stupid.  If he could put a big name guy in there and win games, I certainly bet he would.  If he didn't, then how can you explain Matt Jones and Clint Stoerner?  Those guys were huge on campus and probably upstaged Nutt for a lot of his career, yet HDN didn't bench them did he?  I'm not supporting HDN but I think people need to stop throwing out conspiracy theories and the like.

Regarding the possible lawsuit by Mustain (my friend liked to call him Mustang for the hell of it), frankly, there is no case.  People talk about harassment.  There are four types of legal harassment: Legal (excessive lawsuits etc.), sexual, hate speech (e.g. racial sexist homophobic), and psychological (using mean words).  The only possible one that this can fall under is psychological.  However, psychological harassment must be under REPEATED circumstances.  There was only ONE email sent to Mustain.  There was not a series of ten or eleven emails by the same person.  The reason it requires repeated cases is that I can be walking on the street and accidentally bump into you and then you just say something rude to me (such as e.g. "Watch where you are going you idiot").  If it is not a repeated circumstance, then I can simply sue under harassment because you called me an idiot.  Reggie Fish frankly has more incentive to sue, considering the mass amounts of emails he got after the punt drop against Florida.  One nasty email and a head coach not getting along with a player and quitting the football team is no reason to sue.

Regarding NCAA violations there are probably a lot more possible violations regarding the recruiting of Mustain than there are regarding his departure.  NCAA will not slap sanctions on someone because he gets a nasty email from a booster (if he gets a check, that's a different matter).  Booster-athlete contact is only prohibited during signing periods.  Afterwards it is allowed (think of all the Razorback banquets and little get togethers that they have).  Lack of Institutional Control is considered when there are multiple violations (paying players, hiring girls to have sex with recruits, blah blah blah) and the university and head coach either know about them and can't or won't do anything about them, or they are so severe to the extent that they simply cannot be stopped.  For those of you guys who have been around a lil bit longer than us, think SMU.  For us younger guys, think what almost happened to Bama football in the post Gene Stallings era.  Arkansas (at least to my knowledge anyway) is nowhere NEAR guilty of those kinds of things.

The only thing that could happen to HDN is for him to get internally disciplined by the U of A, the BOT, the AD or athletic department.  Since these things will not happen since there is little perogative to do so, then I highly doubt anything will happen to Houston Nutt.

Well thank you Mr. Attorney...One can tell from your vocabulary that you know about as much about legal proceedings as my black Lab.

Yea, call him a dog...That will prove that you.....um, don't have a decent response?  Seriously Hogphilia, you can do better than that, right?

Nice post, Hawgsav1.   I concur.

cthawg

Quote from: brownhog on April 17, 2007, 04:51:15 pm
I think people may be jumping the gun on a lawsuit by MM.

The NCAA is a different matter. The NCAA's first priority are the kids, and if the FOI could prove that HDN new about the email and did nothing until his boss' boss made him. That may constitute a Lack of Institutional Control. And may very well get the NCAA involved.

I dont see this happening I am fairly certain there is no rule prohibiting anyone from contacting student athletes. want to send Mustain your own message?

http://www.uark.edu:81/ds/csearch

right there on the university site. Now I dont encourage it but it's not like it is very hard to find.

jrhillsboro

If MM was run off, it was for a reason.  This has happened at every school over the 100 year history of Football from Jr High to HS to College and even the pros.  If they in fact did run him off, I am sure they had a good reason and I guarantee you 90% of the players are glad it happened if that is truly the case.

The U of A has the right to expect Nutt to behave in such a manner as to be able to recruit, coach, and mentor quality in state recruits. Nutt's behavior towards Mustain has been obvious, juvenile and immature to say the least. His behavior towards Malzahn was totally lacking in professionalism, rude, and smacked of total contempt. His lack of respect for the fans was demonstrated by his willful and continuous, lying. Why? Because he wilted due to the prospect of his job not being secure, felt forced to hire and recruit people he didn't like, resented those whom he wined and dined in order to keep his job, and then after their results had provided him some job security, he turned on them for making him feel emasculated. He already had these players before he melted down in front of God and the public, an these players had developed an attachment to him, even rallying behind him. But to young players watching, quality players we need to recruit to win, they have seen his true colors.

arslp

April 17, 2007, 10:55:17 pm #108 Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:58:57 pm by arslp
Quote from: Hogphilia on April 17, 2007, 06:09:03 pm
Quote from: PigsCanFly on April 17, 2007, 05:59:09 pm

AKA "Mommie."

Why don't you hugges stop with the "Mommie" routine?  How about talking about a 52 y/o man who relies on his "wifey" and Teresa to issue emails to try to protect his sorry a$$?  And leave the 18 y/o athlete and model student and citizen alone.

As far as I read, only one person made reference to parentage by using the label "Mommie".  I reported a "fact" that was written in the paper; that permission was given for the information was to be made accessible to Beckwith Campbell.  If you don't like that fact, that's really too bad. 

Additionally, I don't think there are any "hugges" here - or anywhere, for that fact.
Try to have a nice evening.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.