Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turkey season

Started by howie76, April 13, 2016, 03:44:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

howie76

Who's ready? And have yaw bn hearin any? I ain't heard many myself.

HuntnHog

Took my son on his first ever turkey hunt on the youth weekend.  Heard about 6 the first morning.  Finally got on a couple around 8 and after around thirty minutes had them at 20 yards and he shoots and scores!  Pretty good bird.  Didn't get to weigh it but beard was just shy of 10" and 3/4" Spurs.  Not sure if I'll get to go again this year but if not I'm good.  Was awesome calling one in for my son!

SemperHawg

took this one opening weekend

SemperHawg

Intruder316

Heard some in Lake Greeson WMA.  Quit talking after the clouds and rain moved in.

HAWG MAFIA

Hear some just about every time i go, not always where i can get to them tho. Took one Sunday morning 10.25" beard, 3/4" spurs.

I'm usually in the Boone, Newton, Marion, Searcy counties area.

HAWG MAFIA

the wife took one this morning. 10" beard, 3/4 inch spurs

howie76

Glad someone's havin some luck... Cause mine still stinks! Congrats!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on April 24, 2016, 06:07:56 pm
the wife took one this morning. 10" beard, 3/4 inch spurs
I thought you had shaved your beard off

DOGALUM

Quote from: HuntnHog on April 19, 2016, 10:49:11 am
Took my son on his first ever turkey hunt on the youth weekend.  Heard about 6 the first morning.  Finally got on a couple around 8 and after around thirty minutes had them at 20 yards and he shoots and scores!  Pretty good bird.  Didn't get to weigh it but beard was just shy of 10" and 3/4" Spurs.  Not sure if I'll get to go again this year but if not I'm good.  Was awesome calling one in for my son!

Hell yeah!    Best kind of hunt.

Congrats to you both.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

mountainhog

I hope this picture works, im not too good at posting pics.

mountainhog

I killed this one sat, ^^^  he had 11 3/4 inch beard.   Went again sunday and killed a 10 3/4 inch bearded one..  Nothing like waiting till the last minute.  :)

HAWG MAFIA

Quote from: mountainhog on May 02, 2016, 10:58:13 am
I killed this one sat, ^^^  he had 11 3/4 inch beard.   Went again sunday and killed a 10 3/4 inch bearded one..  Nothing like waiting till the last minute.  :)
Congrats

HAWG MAFIA

I remember calling in my sons gobbler. There's nothing better

LSUFan

He'll remember that for the rest of his life!

+infinity
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.