Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springfield XDS

Started by catfish07, September 10, 2015, 08:10:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

catfish07

Picked up one and like it thus far. Any thoughts/issues/tips?

Thank you in advance.
"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

Rzbakfromwaybak

Imho, Springfield is a good choice. I have 2 of the older Springfield XD's, about 4 or 5 years old. 3" &  4", great guns, reliable & accurate.  Put a spring kit in both, trigger pull is very nice.   Also have a Glock 19, it's a very good gun, but like my XD's a little better.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

catfish07

Thank you for the replies; have a great Sunday!

-General Philip Sheridan

rickm1976

Powder River Precision spring kit.  Just google them. They also sell a "deluxe" spring kit with a redesigned sear.  Just the springs help, but the new sear helps a lot more.  You can go on their website and they have videos with step by step instructions that are simple.  I just put the kit with the new sear in my XDS, and haven't measured the trigger pull, but it feels much lighter and smoother.  A friend of mine at work just put the spring kit alone in his XDM, and said it lightened the pull a lot.  My kit that included the sear cost $65, but just the spring kit is $20.  BTW, I had always been a S&W M&P guy, but I'm really impressed with the engineering, quality, and operation of this XDS.

catfish07

Rick....

Thank you for the information.

-General Philip Sheridan

DOGALUM

Pics!

Pics or the gun doesn't exist!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

woodrow hog call

I love my XDM, and have recomended it to others. Mine is .45 and it is the most natural feeling Semi-Auto I have ever shot, you have got me to thinking about that spring kit for the trigger though.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: rickm1976 on September 22, 2015, 04:21:37 pm

Powder River Precision spring kit.  Just google them. They also sell a "deluxe" spring kit with a redesigned sear.  Just the springs help, but the new sear helps a lot more.  You can go on their website and they have videos with step by step instructions that are simple.  I just put the kit with the new sear in my XDS, and haven't measured the trigger pull, but it feels much lighter and smoother.  A friend of mine at work just put the spring kit alone in his XDM, and said it lightened the pull a lot.  My kit that included the sear cost $65, but just the spring kit is $20.  BTW, I had always been a S&W M&P guy, but I'm really impressed with the engineering, quality, and operation of this XDS.

Believe that is the same company where I bought my spring kits, it has been a few years, but recognized the name.  I only got the springs....those alone made enough difference for me.  Very pleased.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

zane

The factory triggers suck. Take the above advice and upgrade
RIP LSUfan

Filthy_McSwine

I bought a XDS .45 shortly after it came out.  I'm interested in the spring kit/sear as well.  Here's a link I found based on the info above...

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/product.sc?productId=100

You might want to consider an extended mag as well...makes it a lot easier to hold.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/721645/springfield-armory-magazine-springfield-xds-45-acp-7-round-stainless-steel-with-x-tensions-size-1-and-2

rickm1976

Quote from: Filthy_McSwine on October 02, 2015, 01:59:55 pm
I bought a XDS .45 shortly after it came out.  I'm interested in the spring kit/sear as well.  Here's a link I found based on the info above...

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/product.sc?productId=100

You might want to consider an extended mag as well...makes it a lot easier to hold.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/721645/springfield-armory-magazine-springfield-xds-45-acp-7-round-stainless-steel-with-x-tensions-size-1-and-2

That's the one - with the improved sear.  I also got a couple of those extended mags for my XDS 9, and they're great. They have an 8 round and a 9 round for the 9mm's.  The 8 round one is perfect.

catfish07

Thanks again to everyone for helping/contributing ideas. Thanks to the promotion this summer I am set with 2 flush mags, 2 8 extended mags, and 1 extended 9 mag.

Loving the platform right now; hits where it is pointed and is running smooth.

-General Philip Sheridan

DeltaBoy

Quote from: catfish07 on October 03, 2015, 04:07:29 pm
Thanks again to everyone for helping/contributing ideas. Thanks to the promotion this summer I am set with 2 flush mags, 2 8 extended mags, and 1 extended 9 mag.

Loving the platform right now; hits where it is pointed and is running smooth.

That good and everyone I know who got one love them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boll Hawg

I had an XDS bitone 9mm I acquired very cheap.  I shot it a few times, but really disliked the grip.  It was too aggressive so I threw on some talon grips and that made it better.  I ended up trading it for a Glock 23 Gen 4, which I'm very happy with. 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

Albert Einswine

I bought an XDS .45 back when they were all the rage. It was fun to shoot for 1 mag per session, any more than that became unpleasant. I liked it, but realized I didn't and would never love it. I wound up trading it in on deal for a Sarsilmaz K2 .45 which I LOVE. It's a honkin' big 14 +1 double stack that somehow is slimmer in the grip than a Beretta 92, 9mm, and a freakin' tack driver.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker