Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yahoo report

Started by Cinco de Hogo, February 25, 2018, 12:00:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

February 25, 2018, 12:00:47 am Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:40:57 am by Cinco de Hogo
In light of the Yahoo Report NCAA President Mark Emmett had this to say,

"Some of those rules were made in a different age"

What do ya'll make if that? Excuses, deflection?

Will no course of moral expectations be scared as we move into the future?

Look I don't have a problem with kids getting free lunches or whatever but we all know that's not what we are talking about but that's ALL we are going to HEAR about. 

The NCAA and certain cheating schools are going to spin this in a way that you should feel guilty for not allowing THEM to continue to do whatever THEY want even as YOUR school stay true to the rules...except for the free lunches.

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 25, 2018, 12:00:47 am
In light of the Yahoo Report NCAA President Mark Emmett had this to say,

"Some of those rules were make in a different age"

What do ya'll make if that? Excuses, deflection?

Will no course of moral expectations be scared as we move into the future?

Look I don't have a problem with kids getting free lunches or whatever but we all know that's not what we are talking about but that's ALL we are going to HEAR about. 

The NCAA and certain cheating schools are going to spin this in a way that you should feel guilty for not allowing THEM to continue to do whatever THEY want even as YOUR school stay true to the rules...except for the free lunches.

His interview on CBS this morning, and the tone of the questions made it clear that he is scared to death of the racial claims getting traction.  But more so it seemed like waving the white flag that the NCAA can not stop these payments from agents, and the schools wont stand for being punished for it either. The schools can break up the ncaa anytime they want. The school presidents can just vote to leave and start their own organization. This is what they threatened way back in the 80's to free up the tv rights.

Now the deal with AZ is different. If Miller was really dumb enough to talk about that and get caught doing so, well thats on a whole other level.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 25, 2018, 12:20:12 am
His interview on CBS this morning, and the tone of the questions made it clear that he is scared to death of the racial claims getting traction.  But more so it seemed like waving the white flag that the NCAA can not stop these payments from agents, and the schools wont stand for being punished for it either. The schools can break up the ncaa anytime they want. The school presidents can just vote to leave and start their own organization. This is what they threatened way back in the 80's to free up the tv rights.

Now the deal with AZ is different. If Miller was really dumb enough to talk about that and get caught doing so, well thats on a whole other level.

Evidently he doesn't understand the issue here. The payments are illegal because they aren't being reported as income. There are some states where it is already illegal for agents to approach amateur athletes. Then there are the shoe companies.

The deal with Arizona isn't different. It's the exact same thing as Pitino, which is the exact same stuff as Coach K is doing, etc, etc. They are making these illegal arrangements, not being the unknowing victims of a player acting on his own accord.