Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dustin Thomas

Started by Hogsfan1981, February 24, 2018, 09:42:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogsfan1981

This guy has been a highlight the last fews games. I always liked his play but he is playing his best ball this year.

Love it

popcornhog

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on February 24, 2018, 09:42:19 pm
This guy has been a highlight the last fews games. I always liked his play but he is playing his best ball this year.

Love it

He's shooting that 15-18 foot jumper at the top of the key consistently too.
WPS

hawgball40

Agree. That short corner shot has been money for him lately, and it adds a much needed little wrinkle to our offense.

BannerMountainMan

His 15-18 footers have been money since the winning streak started, if he can make that constantly and alittle bench play from Bailey, Hall, and Jones it completes the team and gives us the extra 15 points we need to win these games. You see it's ALL about bench play, when you hear we lose it's because our bench gives us 8-12 points, we need about 20-25 from the bench!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

greenEGnHAWGS

I was very critical of him early on but he has really made an impact as of late. Glad to see him doing so well.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

rtr

I thought it was a turning point against Kentucky when he picked up his fourth foul early in the second half.  He is playing well, we need him.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

k.c.hawg

Playing very good ball. When he shoots that shot, there is little doubt, it hit's the bottom of the net. Loved it when he attacked the basket late with us up 3 and hit both FT's to put us up 5. He scored 6 of our last nine in what was our biggest road win of the year. I don't know what went on when CMA didn't play him in 2 games in the heart of the SEC season but I'm glad to see he stayed engaged and it looks like CMA got his attention. Good work DT!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

widespreadsooie

Applauds for DT and to MA for seeing his potential. He didn't come along quickly but eventually found the ball play we need from him. Keep it up DT!

Dudeman

I saw him in pregame warm up at the Kentucky game. He looked like the best shooter on the team. Hardly seemed to miss. Made a bunch if threes in a row. In game is a whole different thing but when you watch him shoot it's kinda mind boggling he doesn't shoot it more.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

Squints Pallaboarus

10 for 13 over the last 3 games - missing 1 shot in each.

ShadowHawg

DT has been good at the ft line in crunch time of games. Those two he put away late today were huge at the time.

Cavtastic Voyage

he was my MVP this game. Without him i don't think we win this game. Definitly the biggest game he's had as a razorback in my eyes.

synthartist69

Hats off to Thomas, he was the difference in this game.

Dr. Starcs

And he plays hard night in and out.

ListenHereMister

He was clutch in the Seton Hall game too.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 24, 2018, 09:44:34 pm
His 15-18 footers have been money since the winning streak started, if he can make that constantly and alittle bench play from Bailey, Hall, and Jones it completes the team and gives us the extra 15 points we need to win these games. You see it's ALL about bench play, when you hear we lose it's because our bench gives us 8-12 points, we need about 20-25 from the bench!

It really is, "all about the bench".. when they play well, we play well...

Athog

What a pleasant surprise!!

hawgball40

Quote from: Dudeman on February 24, 2018, 10:04:54 pm
I saw him in pregame warm up at the Kentucky game. He looked like the best shooter on the team. Hardly seemed to miss. Made a bunch if threes in a row. In game is a whole different thing but when you watch him shoot it's kinda mind boggling he doesn't shoot it more.
Imagine if we could get him hitting those 3's in game. that'd be huge for offense

raz1965

Dustin can take this team to the next level with shot making, many times unexpected great play comes from seniors that step up at tourney time an put there team in great places.

LivingLegends

Quote from: raz1965 on February 25, 2018, 09:39:30 am
Dustin can take this team to the next level with shot making, many times unexpected great play comes from seniors that step up at tourney time an put there team in great places.
I know this is the D Thomas thread but when you talk next level it makes me think CJ Jones, too.  When he's on we're really tough to beat.  Hell, Thompson had 7 boards and 5 assists.  When you factor in those variables as positives we're really good.

hogwood

Quote from: popcornhog on February 24, 2018, 09:43:17 pm
He's shooting that 15-18 foot jumper at the top of the key consistently too.

With no hesitation too! Love the confidence. He is a difference maker on the boards too!

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 09:33:37 am
Imagine if we could get him hitting those 3's in game. that'd be huge for offense
I think he could it's just about CMA allowing him to.

SSFrazorback

February 25, 2018, 12:18:12 pm #22 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:13:09 pm by SSFrazorback

rude1

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 09:33:37 am
I was thinking back in his Colo. days he took the 3, went back and looked and yes he took the 3, not a great % but shot 32% as a sophomore there. By contrast Beard shoots 32% from there and has the green light to chunk at will, has put up over 100 attempts already this season. Didn't realize Dustin has taken 2 this year and made 1, didn't have a single attempt last season.

Cure

If he can knock down that elbow jumper consistently, Arkansas can become that much better against a matchup zone.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

JRHoward

Great to see Thomas playing with confidence! He has really contributed!  Fun to watch.  Go Hogs!
Woooo Pig!

TushCrush

Thompson had developed better quickness to the ball on defense. He picks up a lot of loose balls.
And yes ... fun to watch.