Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colin Sexton

Started by WillsWorld, February 23, 2018, 11:11:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

liljo

Quote from: LumberBacks on February 24, 2018, 08:38:00 am
There needs to be a better outlet for the blue chippers than college ball.  They don't care about an education or their legacy at an institution. They are simply using an institution for exposure, buy one year til they go pro, and meet chicks.  Let them go on to the NBA or pay them better to enter the G League for a year.  Will the quality of college basketball suffer for the fan?  Not really.  In fact, it would create more parity and for the non-blue bloods, make it even more appealing.  But the blue bloods ... they don't like it so they'll pay to prevent momentum behind other models.

This. These one-and-dones most likely never even open a book in college. Calipari has made a career working at a major UNIVERSITY with total disregard to the education of young people.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: FreeParkingonDickson on February 24, 2018, 11:00:15 am
Yeah Avery Johnson is refusing to discuss it so far, and looks like Sexton will play. He has no reason to bench him, it's not like it will reduce their penalty in the future. If they vacate the win, who cares. They can still make the tourney this year.

I honestly hope Sexton does play. Because if we lose to Bama with that 18 points taken out of their lineup, it would look even worse for our tournament resume. And on the flip side, if we win against a team with Sexton (on the road, no less), it would be a much better win.

Bama's best win this year was without Sexton

FreeParkingonDickson

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 24, 2018, 01:45:17 pm
Bama's best win this year was without Sexton

Who was it against? Could always be a bit of a fluke. I don't see how they would be better against us without him.

hawgdavis

Quote from: parallaxpig on February 24, 2018, 06:09:31 am
Personally I'm with you on this, don't think they will do a thing. I do think NCAA is at a crossroads. If they don't hammer some schools then they verify what a joke most of us think they are. 

This is the FBI not the NCAA . People will go to prison, it's a little more serious than sanctions. How ever I think the NCAA now has egg on their face and will come down hard to try and save face. This is now to public not to be heavy handed and look weak like they truly are. NBA can't save a player from the FBI , IRS  and criminal charges.

East TN HAWG

The Emmett interview on CBS today was interesting.  He basically said that the NCAA does not have the power the FBI does, and it was up to the schools to decide whether to play these players or not.  He said he has been in contact with all schools mentioned.  The FBI did not provide this information, and they are trying to validate the accuracy of it.