Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eastern Illinois...and a fresh Hog future!

Started by hassettsportsman, November 21, 2017, 08:57:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hassettsportsman

How exciting to have a fresh Hog beginning and a fan base totally looking forward.  A new AD and Head Hog Coach.  Who will start at QB?  What offensive scheme?  What defensive formation? To hear that first Hog call....I'm ready now for a Cardinal and White revival!

SemperFi

I am looking forward to the future myself. Hate to see it come to this, but after five years of football misery I'm looking for that ray of hope.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hassettsportsman

Whether it's Gus or Norvell or whomever, I ready for next year.  As for Missouri, I hope we kill them!

Wildhog

Hoping the stars align and we somehow end up with Frost.

If not, Norvell would be fine, I guess. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

What does Eastern Illinois have to do with it?

HF#1

Change is good but damn it sucks waiting for it to actually happen. I can't get squat done.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

daprospecta

Quote from: SemperFi on November 21, 2017, 09:00:17 am
I am looking forward to the future myself. Hate to see it come to this, but after five years of football misery I'm looking for that ray of hope.
I wasn't a big fan of the hire but we had two seasons that showed promise.

IronMountainHog

I thought this was about where we were sending Bret back to and what he would be doing.

HF#1

Was Eastern Illinois Petrino's first game or was it Western Illinois?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Wildhog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 09:24:59 am
Was Eastern Illinois Petrino's first game or was it Western Illinois?

Western Illinois.  Beat them 28-24.  I remember Elton Ford fumbling the opening kickoff.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:30:41 am
Western Illinois.  Beat them 28-24.  I remember Elton Ford fumbling the opening kickoff.

Yep, and the next we squeaked by ULM on the Cowboy pass, I remember thinking, what have we got ourselves into.....

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 09:32:27 am
Yep, and the next we squeaked by ULM on the Cowboy pass, I remember thinking, what have we got ourselves into.....

Cowboy Get it to Gragg!
1909/1964/1965/1977

HF#1

I remember the game winning drive...

hassettsportsman

The schedule surely favors us next year.  To beat Bama and LSU at home next year...that's what I want for X-mas!

Gladstonesmoans

First conference game at Auburn...............Wonder if it could be Gus Bus vs Petrino??

HF#1

Quote from: hassettsportsman on November 21, 2017, 09:40:16 am
The schedule surely favors us next year.  To beat Bama and LSU at home next year...that's what I want for X-mas!

It definitely sets up the next coach for success. It's ripe for an 8 win campaign with the right coach.

Wildhog

I actually think the years we play Bama/LSU on the road sets up better for success.

We're not beating Bama no matter where we play them, so let's get the winnable games at home.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hassettsportsman

I think the returning Hogs will be in better condition.  Hopefully spring exercises will bear this out.

LJHOG

the Hog future will remarkably resemble the Hog past.  we've been in the SEC for near 30 years.  we came into the league with a talent deficit and we still have one today.

rljjr

Quote from: LJHOG on November 21, 2017, 10:28:42 am
the Hog future will remarkably resemble the Hog past.  we've been in the SEC for near 30 years.  we came into the league with a talent deficit and we still have one today.

I bet you're a hoot at parties.

goodguytex

Quote from: Gladstonesmoans on November 21, 2017, 09:40:24 am
First conference game at Auburn...............Wonder if it could be Gus Bus vs Petrino??
Think we might get Petrino back? I'm not so sure.

goodguytex

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:08:19 am

What's your opinion of Campbell?

Seebs

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with covering over Coastal Carolina
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

EastArkHog 47

Much as I hate to say it, Bielema may be back next year. If not gone by December 1 don't think he's going anywhere.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:09:19 am
First game of next season.

Thank you. I was lost. Which is how I feel about most Hogville threads.

Wildhog

Quote from: goodguytex on November 21, 2017, 10:45:10 am
What's your opinion of Campbell?

At the top of my list if it weren't for a $9.5M buyout.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tusks

Isn't Eastern Illinois coached by former razorback Kim Dameron?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hassettsportsman

Is there a requirement for the game in LR to be an SEC opponent?  If so, who is the likely choice?  If not, will Eastern Illinois be the LR opener?

ricepig

Quote from: hassettsportsman on November 21, 2017, 11:36:44 am
Is there a requirement for the game in LR to be an SEC opponent?  If so, who is the likely choice?  If not, will Eastern Illinois be the LR opener?

WMS will be an SEC game, expect an announcement between now and Christmas.

DCHawg

Quote from: goodguytex on November 21, 2017, 10:43:01 am
Think we might get Petrino back? I'm not so sure.

No.  Gus as our coach with Petrino replacing him at Auburn.  That is what he meant.

buldozer

Quote from: EastArkHog 47 on November 21, 2017, 10:55:51 am
Much as I hate to say it, Bielema may be back next year. If not gone by December 1 don't think he's going anywhere.
I am confident you're wrong about this, but if correct there will be an empty house when he plays in AR, and lots of lost revenue from lost ticket and concession sales. This year there was a wait and see attitude from most season ticket holder.... not next year

JethroB.

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 11:39:36 am
WMS will be an SEC game, expect an announcement between now and Christmas.

For some reason i thought i'd seen where it was gonna be Ole Mrs. I may be wrong though and thinking of something else.

Smithian

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 09:32:27 am
I still remember the Hogs trying to comeback by going five wide with Casey Dick in the fourth quarter and thinking this Petrino experiment would be a disaster. Dick threw it over 40 times that game.

hassettsportsman

If the suggestion is true that Ty will be transferring, and CK will be our starting QB against E. Illinois...who will be in the 'bullpen' in case of injury?

Hoginsavga

Quote from: LJHOG on November 21, 2017, 10:28:42 am

You mean like Nutt going 9-3 in his first year after taking over from Ford going 4-7 the year before? I will be happy with that.

ricepig

Quote from: hassettsportsman on November 22, 2017, 08:00:28 am
If the suggestion is true that Ty will be transferring, and CK will be our starting QB against E. Illinois...who will be in the 'bullpen' in case of injury?

Daulton Hyatt

https://247sports.com/Player/Daulton-Hyatt-79625

Großer Kriegschwein

The next Quarterback will be the one that fits the best in the system our next coach brings with him.
This is my non-signature signature.

sickboy

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:08:19 am

Frost would be the best hire, I think.