Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I came to win Conference USA....

Started by twistitup, September 25, 2017, 11:55:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Bet he doesn't make so many promises at his next stop...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 11:55:32 am

Never understood this criticism of Bielema.  I hope to hell every coach we hire says they are coming to win the SEC.  It's what coaches say when they get a new job. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

twistitup

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 25, 2017, 11:57:42 am
Never understood this criticism of Bielema.  I hope to hell every coach we hire says they are coming to win the SEC.  It's what coaches say when they get a new job. 

I hope coaches come in and DO IT - words don't mean shiite...DO IT.

Lesson: Don't be a blowhard, shoot the fans straight, stay the course, develop players and win

This is year 5....no more excuses

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 12:05:58 pm

Lesson: Don't be a blowhard, shoot the fans straight, stay the course, develop players and win

Yes I hope one does it at some point.

Shoot the fans straight?  No.  Would be better off to say thanks for the job and I'm going to work than shooting fans straight. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/10314582/new-vanderbilt-commodores-coach-derek-mason-promises-success

"SEC East title, here we come," Mason said. "Make no bones about it. If you can't talk about it, you can't be about it."

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 11:55:32 am

I thought this was another Petrino thread ...
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

twistitup

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 25, 2017, 12:10:31 pm
Yes I hope one does it at some point.

Shoot the fans straight?  No.  Would be better off to say thanks for the job and I'm going to work than shooting fans straight. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/10314582/new-vanderbilt-commodores-coach-derek-mason-promises-success

"SEC East title, here we come," Mason said. "Make no bones about it. If you can't talk about it, you can't be about it."

Talk is cheap - Bama showed Vandy that this weekend.

Fans don't believe coach speak any longer - it's a good laugh, but other than that... its 'Hey coach, let's see it on the field Saturday! ' Practicing good during the week doesn't mean 2 shiites to the fans

Saturday is what matters - coachspeak is coachspeak.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 25, 2017, 12:11:57 pm
I thought this was another Petrino thread ...

Haha, first thing I thought as well...congratulations, your line of thinking has fallen to my level!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RME

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 12:13:31 pm

Fans don't believe coach speak any longer - it's a good laugh, but other than that... its 'Hey coach, let's see it on the field Saturday! ' Practicing good during the week doesn't mean 2 shiites to the fans

And yet you continue to create threads that refer to...coachspeak.

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 25, 2017, 11:57:42 am
It's not what he said, it's the attitude and bravado with which he said it, almost braggadocios, that's what is causing all the blow back. He truly is proving to be blowhard.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Redhogs on September 25, 2017, 12:29:20 pm
It's not what he said, it's the attitude and bravado with which he said it, almost braggadocios, that's what is causing all the blow back. He truly is proving to be blowhard.

Ok.  You want to hire a coach who isn't confident?   

Losing is causing the blowback. 

If you want to be critical about what he said he would do offensively with the oline, I get that.

johnny cash

truth and logic hurts people's feelings here man. U hit nail on head. His spew of the mouth has been a big embarrassment on our program. Ask anybody outside of hog fans what they think about him being so cocky and, yes stupid.

sickboy

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 12:13:31 pm

What do you expect coaches to say when they're put in front of the media every day of their lives? If he didn't say something like that, you'd find a way to complain about whatever he did say.

DeltaBoy

Acta Non Verba
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 25, 2017, 12:32:23 pm

If you want to be critical about what he said he would do offensively with the oline, I get that.
Did I say that? Work on your reading comprehension.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

island hog

"the spew from his mouth"?  Give me some examples....

ricepig

Quote from: sickboy on September 25, 2017, 12:42:03 pm
What do you expect coaches to say when they're put in front of the media every day of their lives? If he didn't say something like that, you'd find a way to complain about whatever he did say.
You do remember he started the thread criticizing why we didn't have a nutritionist like Bama does, only to be found wrong. I give him credit, he goes to the games.

sickboy

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2017, 12:49:04 pm
You do remember he started the thread criticizing why we didn't have a nutritionist like Bama does, only to be found wrong. I give him credit, he goes to the games.

?

Why do we go back to this....our athletic nutrition dept. is not even close to bama - but that is a diff subject for the offseason (speaking of offseason....we didn't improve much,  maybe it IS our nutrition?)

Some like to argue instead of having honest discussion.

Truth is....CBB's own words are coming back to bite him square in the calf

Razorbackers

Quote from: sickboy on September 25, 2017, 12:42:03 pm

this is the truth

johnny cash

Quote from: island hog on September 25, 2017, 12:47:24 pm
"the spew from his mouth"?  Give me some examples....

lets see the fullback comment? It's coming? When we get there? My record better than Saban. Dude needs to STFU and get to work. There are tons more on twitter he has said. Look it up.

HillBillyHogfan

Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

DeltaBoy

Bret talks too much and not doing the work.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

twistitup

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 25, 2017, 01:15:13 pm
this is the truth

Coaches can speak to the media without saying "I came to win the SEC" - that was not a mandatory thing for him to say. Being a blowhard is just what the media wants for their soundbites....how about go the opposite direction and be humble and honest? His own words have possibly led to unrealistic fan expectations - or maybe another CAN come in and win the SEC

Time will tell

Silver Hog

I don't remember Bobby bragging when he got her. He just got to work.  It must have killed him to lose 7 games. Look at his record, that was his worst season ever, anywhere.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 01:02:37 pm
?

Why do we go back to this....our athletic nutrition dept. is not even close to bama - but that is a diff subject for the offseason (speaking of offseason....we didn't improve much,  maybe it IS our nutrition?)

Some like to argue instead of having honest discussion.

Truth is....CBB's own words are coming back to bite him square in the calf

How do you know, have you been through both nutrition programs? The point is you constantly look for something to bish about, yet rarely offer any discussion yourself. It's coach speak, 90% of them do it to garner the fan base and give them some type of hope.

ricepig

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 25, 2017, 01:25:46 pm
I don't remember Bobby bragging when he got her. He just got to work.  It must have killed him to lose 7 games. Look at his record, that was his worst season ever, anywhere.

Well, according to some in the BAC, Bobby did brag when he got her.

gchamblee

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 25, 2017, 12:32:23 pm

Twist wants us to hire a coach that doesn't do press conferences. And a new nutritionist. If you try to have a serious football conversation with twist, you deserve the trolling you'll get in return.

gchamblee

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2017, 12:49:04 pm

He does go to the games. I picture him as the growling fan on Last Chance U.

RME

Quote from: gchamblee on September 25, 2017, 01:29:49 pm
He does go to the games. I picture him as the growling fan on Last Chance U.

Hahahahahahahaha

twistitup

Quote from: gchamblee on September 25, 2017, 01:28:36 pm
Twist wants us to hire a coach that doesn't do press conferences. And a new nutritionist. If you try to have a serious football conversation with twist, you deserve the trolling you'll get in return.

Press conferences are great - bullsh*t is not. Fans don't appreciate b.s. - and the coach becomes a running joke in the process.

Kevin

long did not come here to win the league
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

twistitup

September 25, 2017, 02:22:12 pm #31 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:35:38 pm by twistitup
Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2017, 01:27:26 pm
How do you know, have you been through both nutrition programs? The point is you constantly look for something to bish about, yet rarely offer any discussion yourself. It's coach speak, 90% of them do it to garner the fan base and give them some type of hope.

Garner the fan base and give them some type of hope? It's like you are talking down to the needy and poor...give me a ------- break. It's funny that you guys think it works - the fans think CBB is a freaking joke. Just like the fans in Wisconsin did.

Do you and Chumlee get paid by the University?

CBB is the same coach who also said he had a better record than Saban coming out of that northern conference - some like to say he was joking.....no, he really thought he would come in here and show the SEC how the big boys do it.

He's not too jovial these days!

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 02:22:12 pm
Garner the fan base and give them some type of hope? It's like you are talking down to the needy and poor...give me a ------- break. It's funny that you guys think it works - the fans think CBB is a freaking joke. Just like the fans in Wisconsin did.

It's what all coaches do when they hired somewhere new, it's coach speak. Did you really think or believe him that he was going to do that after 20 years of not  doing it in the SEC? We just had Smith, he was trying to put some hope into the program. I bet the new coach says something similar in the future, it's what they do. At Bama, it's to return us to our glory days, probably was the same at Auburn. I swear you search all day to try and find something to crap on the program. We all know barring a miraculous comeback, we'll have a new coach after 2018.

I guess I'm getting paid the same as you to post, how much you getting?

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 02:22:12 pm

CBB is the same coach who also said he had a better record than Saban coming out of that northern conference - some like to say he was joking.....no, he really thought he would come in here and show the SEC how the big boys do it.

He's not too jovial these days!

You think context is a feminine hygiene product.

twistitup

Quote from: gchamblee on September 25, 2017, 02:43:15 pm
You think context is a feminine hygiene product.

And you think I am the troll?

All you do is damage control for the program - and make comments to derail.

CBB's own words make him look like a buffoon and there is no way to deflect that.

buf·foon
bəˈfo͞on/Submit
noun
a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 02:55:05 pm
And you think I am the troll?

All you do is damage control for the program - and make comments to derail.

Not true at all. I have already gone on record as being done with CBB and ready for us to move on and find another coach. I've gone on record saying we are in shambles and this is a terrible place to be in year 5. However, the football team hasn't gotten bad enough for me to high 5 you for all of the stupid crap you post on hogville. Also, let me save you the suspense, going 0-12 still wouldn't have me seeking you out to get in on some of your stupid.

twistitup

September 25, 2017, 03:06:40 pm #36 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:55:31 pm by twistitup
Quote from: gchamblee on September 25, 2017, 02:58:14 pm
Not true at all. I have already gone on record as being done with CBB and ready for us to move on and find another coach. I've gone on record saying we are in shambles and this is a terrible place to be in year 5. However, the football team hasn't gotten bad enough for me to high 5 you for all of the stupid crap you post on hogville. Also, let me save you the suspense, going 0-12 still wouldn't have me seeking you out to get in on some of your stupid.

Sounds like you are angry I have been correct. You've attacked me and defended Enos, CBB, and crew for weeks and now it appears you may look like a fool....so you attack me more.

You also attacked me for bringing up Chaney and Georgia - they are having success, which makes you look even more foolish.

Of course you 'go on record' now and say we in trouble.....you're a joke

Angry troll - go away