Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Finally At The Top-(of the hot seat listing)

Started by hogcard1964, September 25, 2017, 08:02:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

It's about time Bielema got to be #1 on the Hot Seat.  The big question is, will it matter to Jeff?

Großer Kriegschwein

He probably should be #1 after the "Loser Leave Town" game.

Unfortunately his buyout administratively drops him to about 6-7.
This is my non-signature signature.

moses_007

All of us should send that hot seat link to Jeff Long.  Give him something to think about. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: moses_007 on September 25, 2017, 05:25:28 pm
All of us should send that hot seat link to Jeff Long.  Give him something to think about. 

He see's it, or some one he see's daily see's it and I am sure it's getting back to him.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

moses_007

The site says this:
The word from our buddies in Arkansas is that this week Hogs head coach Bret Bielema and Arkansas AD Jeff Long finally began to understand how much peril their future careers at the University of Arkansas really are in and that's a Good Thing because Bielema and Long have up to this point been living in a...Total Damn Fantasyland

moses_007

You do the Damn math Arkansas fans and please if you can come up with a legitimate reason why Bret Bielema has a $15.4 million dollar buyout please let us know because we cannot think of one Damn reason he has such a contract at Arkansas....not counting of course that Jeff Long is a...Damn Moron...which is actually the only Damn thing that makes any Damn sense!

The OTR

Quote from: moses_007 on September 25, 2017, 05:41:39 pm
You do the Damn math Arkansas fans and please if you can come up with a legitimate reason why Bret Bielema has a $15.4 million dollar buyout please let us know because we cannot think of one Damn reason he has such a contract at Arkansas....not counting of course that Jeff Long is a...Damn Moron...which is actually the only Damn thing that makes any Damn sense!

Your cussing is biblical Moses.

HiggiePiggy

Wouldn't surprise me to see Jeff long fired before Beliema if this season ends up 4-8 or 5-7.  Probably won't be this year, but if this continues into next year and still hearing the same bs, we will probably see Jeff Long fired.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HardCore

Quote from: moses_007 on September 25, 2017, 05:21:04 pm
It's about time Bielema got to be #1 on the Hot Seat.  The big question is, will it matter to Jeff?

No.  Jeff only cares about Jeff.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

jgphillips3

Jeff will cut CBB loose long before (yes, pun intended) his job is in jeopardy.

code red

Quote from: moses_007 on September 25, 2017, 05:21:04 pm
He finally brought us something that we've never had before.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Drop the Mike

Quote from: moses_007 on September 25, 2017, 05:41:39 pm

Dam!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 01:36:41 pm
It we Toledo New Mexico State his seat will be Napalmed.

I know you want this really bad but it will not happen - we will beat NMS.

davglo35

I'm just glad that LSwho is bad. It would be hard to work where I do if they were good this year. About 40% lsu fans and they can't say anything. They're not as bad off as we are but financially they're on the hook just like us.

EastexHawg

Quote from: moses_007 on September 25, 2017, 05:25:28 pm

The only thing we need Long to think about is which direction he is going to go when he leaves town.  Long is to choosing football coaches what Tammy Faye Bakker was to making classy makeup choices.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: BigE_23 on September 25, 2017, 01:00:30 pm
Actually, they spotted us 4 points. aTm converted a FG. And you don't know what would have happened in regulation "otherwise".

Thank you Marty Mcfly.

You are right, had the refs not screwed them out of that 4 points the space time continuum would have been at risk and the only hope for the future of mankind would have been Doctor Who lending his sonic screwdriver to CBB to fix the offensive line.

We lost the game during regulation and waited for ot to make it official.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 25, 2017, 11:35:21 am
Well if you remember when he was hired I said he is Nutt 2, I was wrong Nutt is a much better coach.

As much as it pains me, I agree that Nutt was a better coach. A better motivator and a better Xs and Os guy. I know that sounds insane but it's true. Beliema just can't figure out what his grand plan isn't working.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Slater

FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: gchamblee on September 25, 2017, 02:46:11 pm
They should, since they couldn't beat him with the best players they could buy.

Which is worse for preachy buck's career, the scandals or losing THREE TIMES to Bielema?
Don't be scared, be smart.

BigE_23

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 25, 2017, 10:12:24 pm
Thank you Marty Mcfly.

You are right, had the refs not screwed them out of that 4 points the space time continuum would have been at risk and the only hope for the future of mankind would have been Doctor Who lending his sonic screwdriver to CBB to fix the offensive line.

We lost the game during regulation and waited for ot to make it official.

Wow.

It's actually impressive just how idiotic this post is. Nicely done sir...and the best part is you didn't even have to try that hard.

10thPlanet

He will be back next year and maybe the next. The only difference, I'll be joining him in crying and drinks after the games. 

moses_007

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 25, 2017, 06:03:43 pm
Your cussing is biblical Moses.
Old Moses isn't cussing... merely reposting info. from the Hot Seat, which did contain some damm's.

moses_007

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 25, 2017, 10:03:32 pm
The only thing we need Long to think about is which direction he is going to go when he leaves town.  Long is to choosing football coaches what Tammy Faye Bakker was to making classy makeup choices.
Well he can go north, south, east or west.  Just get outa here!!!

RedRock

Hawghiggs

Should Jeff get fired as he so richly deserves, the tears coming from the Sunshiners might cause flooding in Arkansas.

Jeff may be at least equally, the fraud that Bret is.  They both need to be tarred and feathered and carried out of Arkansas on a pole. 

logic

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 26, 2017, 05:34:55 am
I really hope Jeff Long gets the axe.
I agree.

I don't criticize Jeff Long for initially hiring Bielema, nor for the initial HC  friendly buyout.  However, increasing Bielema's the salary and greatly increasing his buyout after  several years of losing football is more than adequate justificating to fire Jeff Long.

Hoggie17

My guess is that Jeff Long and CBB have been friends since they were at Pittsburgh. If that's true, my opinion is that it makes no difference if you hire a close female or male friend, it clouds you ability to make rational decisions concerning their employment.

hoglady

"The main problem with Bret Bielema at Arkansas is that in his 5 th year the school we don't have a Damn clue what the Hogs offense is trying to do and the Hogs defense has changed so many times the past 5 seasons that it's no surprise the players don't play at any kind of consistent level especially at a level that a defense needs to play to compete and win in the SEC."

"Our guess based on the way that Arkansas has played under Bret Bielema over the past 54 games the Hogs win....
4 maybe 5 more games
....which at best would give Arkansas a 6 – 6 record in Bielema's 5 th season in Fayetteville and luckily for Bret he is at a place that...
Celebrates and Pays A Helluva Lot of Money for Average or Worse!"

OUCH!!

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Slater

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 25, 2017, 10:08:42 am
I doubt Bielema coaches again. His offers would be limited, he's already made and still will be making a pile of money. He has the personality to take a cush job in the booth while living off Razorback money comfortably, the rest of his life

Guaranteed he is a strong candidate when Bill Snyder decides to retire after 2019 or 2020 season.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

hawgon

Quote from: Slater on September 26, 2017, 08:38:21 am
Guaranteed he is a strong candidate when Bill Snyder decides to retire after 2019 or 2020 season.

Guaranteed that if the AD there even appears to seriously consider it, he'll be run out of town on a rail.

I played golf a couple of years ago with one of the back up QBs at KSU when Bielema was there.  The guy was not a fan.  Now, he admitted that Bielema was a defensive coach and therefore, he didn't interact with him everyday, but he did not care for him at all.

logic

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 25, 2017, 08:58:21 am
I agree. And if Hogs finish 3-5 or worse, I'll be shocked if Bielema is head coach at Arkansas past early December.
Offically, to save $4 million in the buyout, it will be delayed until Jan 1.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: logic on September 26, 2017, 08:45:00 am
You must be young, because you obviously have not seen this happen before. No program in the history of college football, when they have determined to fire their head coach in November, has waited 4 or more weeks to official fire the coach for any reason.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

rhames

Quote from: logic on September 26, 2017, 08:45:00 am

Wrong. If a change is made it will be the Monday after the mizzou game at the latest.

Schools don't wait to fire coaches for a month. If he is fired after this season he will get paid the 15 mill.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 26, 2017, 10:56:06 am
You must be young, because you obviously have not seen this happen before. No program in the history of college football, when they have determined to fire their head coach in November, has waited 4 or more weeks to official fire the coach for any reason.

Beat me to it
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Slater

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 08:42:01 am
Guaranteed that if the AD there even appears to seriously consider it, he'll be run out of town on a rail.

I played golf a couple of years ago with one of the back up QBs at KSU when Bielema was there.  The guy was not a fan.  Now, he admitted that Bielema was a defensive coach and therefore, he didn't interact with him everyday, but he did not care for him at all.

Hmmmmm??? Ell Roberson was the starter, the other guys that saw the field in 02 or 03
Jeff Schwinn
Marc Dunn
the late Dylan Meier
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Hoggie17

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 25, 2017, 11:00:50 pm
As much as it pains me, I agree that Nutt was a better coach. A better motivator and a better Xs and Os guy. I know that sounds insane but it's true. Beliema just can't figure out what his grand plan isn't working.
You can't win overtime games like Nutt if you can't do game day coaching. What CBB has done for me is make me appreciate HDN

razorsharptusk

GO HOGS!!