Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If/when Bret leaves or is fired, Arkansas will hire...

Started by HogTakes, September 24, 2017, 09:23:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

My #1 pick for the next Hog Head Coach is Brent Venables, the DC at Clemson.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

bkjbearcat

Quote from: oldman1015 on September 25, 2017, 10:22:30 am
I'm an old fashioned football fan. I prefer a 65-35 run-pass pro type offense and a strong defense. With that said I think the only way we can win consistently in the SEC is an innovative offensive mind. We aren't ever going to out Bama Bama. Someone like the Memphis coach would be my choice but I figure it will be someone like Les Miles.

It's 2017, finding that in college football is like trying to find a millennial woman without a tattoo or piercing. Not impossible, but still very hard.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

TexasRazorback

Decent List: Really shocked you didnt add John Gruden, I heard he was at the catfish hole last week wink wink

Big Nasty 34

I'm calling it now, the next coach will be Kevin Kelly from Pulaski Academy.

Won't have to pay him $4+ Million and we know he can recruit lol. You can't win at Arkansas in a traditional way, you most likely need some sort of gimmick to level the playing field and that's what Kelly would bring. Also, kids would probably love playing his style, so he could get some pretty good offensive weapons. Most fans want to see a lot of points scored and want to see coaches gamble more. I think it would be interesting to see.

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: Hogs run wild on September 24, 2017, 11:21:57 pm
how about this guy http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205529441

who ever it is, i say no buyout that is more that 5 mil.

When Saban retires, Dabo Sweeney will go to Alabama. Jeff Scott is the Head Coach of the future for Clemson.... He would not be interested in Arkansas...
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Supermark101

Quote from: Ward on September 24, 2017, 10:06:18 pm
Okay. Like I said, Chip Kelly will be so easy to get here. Cake. He loves Arkansas. He can't stop talking about us.

He loves catfish!

BUT is he wearing a red tie. Of the list in OP, Dowell Loggains would be my guy.

jgcat4

I want Chip Kelly too, but I figure my chances at him are about as good as they are at reviving the Gruden rumors.
I like Charlie Strong. I wanted him when we hired BB. He's a defensive guy from here. I think it would be a great fit.
I like Philip Montgomery at Tulsa. He has the fastest offense in football and I like that gimmick. We need something like that.
I'm a huge fan of Brent Venables. That guy is gonna be a great HC somewhere. Might as well be here.
I also like Satterfield but taking someone away from their alma matter is tough.
Scott Frost would be great but if he gets the chance he'll go to Nebraska.
Mike Leach would be ok with me too. He's a winner and we need a winner. Plus the pressers would be out of this world.
Just my thoughts.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PharmacistHog on September 24, 2017, 09:59:42 pm
You're killing the dream. We want chip kelly.

I must be behind the times. I though it was Gruden.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

September 25, 2017, 01:07:59 pm #58 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:00:42 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: GuvHog on September 25, 2017, 10:28:04 am
My #1 pick for the next Hog Head Coach is Brent Venables, the DC at Clemson.

Well as usual you'd be wrong.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Quote from: elviscat on September 25, 2017, 09:28:46 am
Next coach needs to have great connections  with high school coaches in the state of Texas. Then you have a feeder program for recruiting. Art Briles, is a coach with those credentials.

I would rather lose every game, than win with a man who condones and allows the rape and sexual assault of young women.

That man doesn't belong coaching ever again.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

mclyte

Frank Wilson, HC UTSA, needs to be on that list.  One of the top recruiters in the country and has Louisiana and Texas ties. 

In 2011, Rivals.com named Wilson the National Recruiter of the Year. In 2014, NFL.com named Wilson the top recruiter in all of college football. In 2015, Scout.com honored Wilson as the SEC Recruiter of the Year. In 2015, LSU secured a Top 5 recruiting class, according to 247Sports. The achievement marked the first time since 2002–03 that LSU finished with back-to-back Top 5 recruiting classes in America. From 2011–2014, 29 LSU Tigers have been selected in the NFL Draft which ranks second to Alabama.

http://www.utsa.edu/today/2016/01/frankwilson.html

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 01:47:56 pm
Get us the Memphis Coach.

I'd like it but would like better his predecessor, the former Memphis coach.

Redhogs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 24, 2017, 10:47:56 pm
too much schtick, not as much substance. But if he wins a division title or two at minnesota, i'd reconsider. He's likeable enough. Holds guys accountable. But he hasnt ever signed a 5 or a 4 *.
Didn't he just hire rob Smith...if so....no.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Tusks

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 25, 2017, 09:48:33 am
My point is: most of these posters whining about Long making crap hires are also BP huggers and are mad at Long for firing him but don't give him credit for hiring him in the first place. The narrative with this group is that BP fell into Long's lap and it was dumb luck and not an actual decision that Long made.

What do you not understand about hiring of BP dynamics that went on up until he was hired?

Tell me what you don't get.  He wasn't even on the radar until he was forced on JL.  JL tried to hire 3-5 other coaches before BP came along.

And he regrets hiring him.  So what do you not get?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 24, 2017, 09:53:27 pm
Mike Leach.

I'd take him.. his defenses give up 50 but so does ours.. and he knows how to score 50...