Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This weekends Visitors (Dec 2-4)

Started by RazorPiggie, November 29, 2016, 11:00:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

Jordan Wright - DE from Fort Lauderdale (Dillard HS)

http://247sports.com/player/jordan-wright-85509

Offers from
FSU
Miami
Cuse
Bama
UK (Officially Visited Sept 23rd)
Baylor
Michigan
MSU
Miss State
UNC
OU
USC
Tenner
UF
Cal
Colorado
L-ville
plus more.

Javier Edwards - DT from Blinn College (HS in Houston)

http://247sports.com/player/javier-edwards-52370

Offers from
UF (committed 6/2/16)
Colorado (officially visiting Nov 19th)
other smaller schools.

Jarrod Barnes - ATH from Cabot

http://247sports.com/player/jarrod-barnes-83891

Hog Commit 2/18/16

Daulton Hyatt - QB from Attalla, AL (Etowah)

http://247sports.com/player/daulton-hyatt-79625

Hog Commit 3/12/16

Bigger offers are
West Virginia
Louisville
Ole Miss
Miami

jackflash

holeinthewall

Wright is a Plan B kid at Miami. They wouldn't accept a commitment from him at this point as they already have DJ Johnson committed at the same position.  But he is visiting Miami with his teammate Ford in a few weeks.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 30, 2016, 07:37:48 am
Wright is a Plan B kid at Miami. They wouldn't accept a commitment from him at this point as they already have DJ Johnson committed at the same position.  But he is visiting Miami with his teammate Ford in a few weeks.

247 has crystal ball pick of 50% chance him going to FSU.  Is he waiting on a FSU offer?  and is that his 2nd option or has FSU moved on?    Just curious if one of these 2 schools give him a offer he would immediately go that direction.

holeinthewall

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 30, 2016, 11:15:30 am
247 has crystal ball pick of 50% chance him going to FSU.  Is he waiting on a FSU offer?  and is that his 2nd option or has FSU moved on?    Just curious if one of these 2 schools give him a offer he would immediately go that direction.

Miami is talking to him  From a Miami site  A non pay site

QuoteMiami coaches Mike Rumph and Ephraim Banda have been making the local rounds over the last few days, including stopping by Dillard yesterday to check in on a couple of defensive linemen.

Defensive end Jordan Wright told CanesInSight this morning that he plans to take an official visit to Miami on the same weekend as his teammate Jon Ford, who is committed to the Hurricanes. It remains a question to if Miami would accept Wright's commitment at this stage, but they are closely monitoring him. I expect Kuligowski to visit the two sometime next week as well.

Wright received an in-home visit from Arkansas last night and will visit this upcoming weekend. Neither him or Ford have locked in their visit date at Miami, but that should happen in the coming days.

RedyorNot

Oklahawg

Quote from: RedyorNot on November 30, 2016, 10:09:29 pm
Fingers crossed, and also his coach told him to quit playing and commit on Twitter:)

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1731970-south-s-no-16-de-sets-visit-with-sec-suitor?s=10

Please don't link to pay boards - it makes the boss mad and the natives restless.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 30, 2016, 10:54:39 pm
Please don't link to pay boards - it makes the boss mad and the natives restless.

*grows restless*

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RedyorNot

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 30, 2016, 10:54:39 pm

My bad, I figured free articles would be fair game.

Virgil

Quote from: RedyorNot on December 01, 2016, 09:09:26 am

It's not a free article.  Goes straight to telling you to login to read.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

WriterWrong

Quote from: Virgil on December 01, 2016, 10:27:33 am
It's not a free article.  Goes straight to telling you to login to read.

It's free if you have a paid subscription.

Oklahawg

I don't have a subscription and couldn't see it. Didn't mean to be a dick, just reciting the rules. Hey! At least a couple of members of the "HC Recruiting Forum 12-step program" grunted!!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RazrRila99

*grunts* wanted to read *grunts*

Woo Pig!

scorekeeper

Just give us a synopsis and tell us Jayco, who's a bartender on Dickson told you.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

scooby21322

With the majority of Richard's content now on pay boards, Hogville recruiting is borderline useless anyway.  It's a shame.  I used to love reading the recruiting forum. 

I have to wonder too:  will wholehog's change effect recruiting?  We used to all know the recruits and were prepared for them during their visits.  Now, many of us don't even know who we're after.

ARtillahog

Quote from: scooby21322 on December 01, 2016, 04:18:11 pm
With the majority of Richard's content now on pay boards, Hogville recruiting is borderline useless anyway.  It's a shame.  I used to love reading the recruiting forum. 

I have to wonder too:  will wholehog's change effect recruiting?  We used to all know the recruits and were prepared for them during their visits.  Now, many of us don't even know who we're after.

Well based on our recruiting rankings I don't think having the fans out of the loop can hurt too much. Maybe it will keep the stupid creeps from scaring recruits away

hogman64

Serious?

scooby21322

I am.  There isn't near the content on here when compared to a year ago.  I've also seen a number of OP's saying something to the effect of "I usually know this stuff, but who are we on?" 

I love the recruiting info, but it's more expensive than Netflix or Amazon Prime?  The cost is just disproportionate to the value.  For someone like me, who lives on the margin financially (state job and a stay at home mom at home), it's just not worth it.

jjdlc

Quote from: scooby21322 on December 02, 2016, 10:11:14 am
I am.  There isn't near the content on here when compared to a year ago.  I've also seen a number of OP's saying something to the effect of "I usually know this stuff, but who are we on?" 

I love the recruiting info, but it's more expensive than Netflix or Amazon Prime?  The cost is just disproportionate to the value.  For someone like me, who lives on the margin financially (state job and a stay at home mom at home), it's just not worth it.

Sounds eerily familiar, just no disposable income left for recruiting website subscription(s).

Scott7703

Quote from: Surfing8 on December 02, 2016, 10:44:13 am
I'm sure more people would pay if they were actually able to read exciting recruiting news. 

Our current avg commit ranking is only above Vandy and Mizzou, with no indications of splash commits anytime soon. 

Would Calloway be a splash? Johnston? The juco d-lineman this weekend?

RedyorNot

Weird, I don't subscribe to Scout either, i just clicked on the link from Twitter and read it again but here's the Cliffs Notes on Jordan Wright.

- AR has been all in and determined since offering the South's 16th ranked DE.
- Hadn't been heavily considering the Razorbacks that's stacked up 30 offers
- Coaches been communicating with him since the day we offered
- He really likes the caliber of curriculum and internship and career   opportunities
- He's close with both Randy Ramsey and Josh Williams
- The message from CBB has been nothing but pleasant and is music to his ears
- He has a really good relationship with CBB and Hargreaves, they talk about how he can come in and make an impact on the defense.

onebadrubi

No offense to RD, but his information was rarely "breaking".  He for one of two reasons was never one to break news.  He is great for stories and occasionally would confirm something or a reason for something after the fact.  His articles will be missed, but it wasn't as if he brought news here before it was public.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 02, 2016, 02:04:39 pm
No offense to RD, but his information was rarely "breaking".  He for one of two reasons was never one to break news.  He is great for stories and occasionally would confirm something or a reason for something after the fact.  His articles will be missed, but it wasn't as if he brought news here before it was public.

Agree, but he's still missed.  Anywho, there were many others that were always "in the know" putting out tidbits.  Even they are gone.  I mean, I never believed they were in the know, because they were almost always wrong, but they definitely made for good entertainment.  This year has pretty much been dead all around.  Zero fun in this forum these days.  I miss it.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 02, 2016, 02:42:00 pm
Agree, but he's still missed.  Anywho, there were many others that were always "in the know" putting out tidbits.  Even they are gone.  I mean, I never believed they were in the know, because they were almost always wrong, but they definitely made for good entertainment.  This year has pretty much been dead all around.  Zero fun in this forum these days.  I miss it.

I'm on WH from my ADG subscription, truthfully, it doesn't seem there's a lot of pertinent info on there. There's a lot of links to stories, but raw recruiting news seems few and far between.

scooby21322

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 02, 2016, 02:04:39 pm

His "bits" every day were pretty informative.  There is nowhere to get that info now.  At least not for free.

jackflash

Don't blame Richard he worked hard to get information for us. If he can find a way to get paid ed for it more power to him. Beside some of the bigger names our coaches couldn't close on

ricepig

December 02, 2016, 04:46:38 pm #27 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:15:19 pm by ricepig
5 on campus right now.

trashcan maN

tophawg19

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 30, 2016, 07:37:48 am
Wright is nobodies plan B . with that offer list he can go anywhere he wants
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Oklahawg

Quote from: jackflash on December 02, 2016, 04:34:58 pm
Don't blame Richard he worked hard to get information for us. If he can find a way to get paid ed for it more power to him. Beside some of the bigger names our coaches couldn't close on

Amen! RD has to put food on the table. That doesn't happen if you give it away to HV.

ricepig

Chris Turner a DE committed to Mizzou was the 6th visitor.

jjdlc

While RDs tidbits he posted here weren't anything earth shattering, it made it much easier to keep up with the comings and goings of who we were really in on vs. who we had simply offered.  It provided fodder for discussion about those recruits we were actually pursuing.

tusksincolorado

I joined Hogville years ago specifically for the information in the recruiting forum.....money  :puke:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

WooPig90

Javier Edwards has de-committed from Florida. Good news for us now?

ricepig

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 04, 2016, 12:33:42 pm
Javier Edwards has de-committed from Florida. Good news for us now?

I won't take it as bad news.....

Oklahawg

They feel good about the prospects they had on campus. These were definitely "A" list players (as defined by the staff). Not sure about body count right now, of course. It is a bit silly to speculate because we don't know what was said in the most recent coaches meeting, and we may not even get the straight and narrow answer when CBB talks to the press following the bowl announcement.

But, sure looks like we want a DT who can come in now, allowing the young ones to develop at their own pace. Sure looks like we want at least one DE. And, we know we are chasing a LB and CB and S. This was a defensive weekend, obviously.

There was an early leak of a JUCO DT from CA, Melvin Johnson (I think I have that right) but he apparently is on hold pending Edwards' decision. They can get Edwards at semester and that is the priority.

Wright and Turner have impressive offer sheets and would be great gets (going 1 for 2, even). The teams we are competing with have reputations for good DL development. Fingers' crossesd.

Hogberry Snortcake

Bubba's Bruisers

Edwards looks like a promising prospect.  Now just have to win the recruiting game and actually sign him.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hollywood870

PorkRinds

That dude is huge. And mean as heck too. I'm thinking some of those hits on the QB would have been penalties in the SEC! I like the mean streak.

WooPig90

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 04, 2016, 01:24:02 pm
They feel good about the prospects they had on campus. These were definitely "A" list players (as defined by the staff). Not sure about body count right now, of course. It is a bit silly to speculate because we don't know what was said in the most recent coaches meeting, and we may not even get the straight and narrow answer when CBB talks to the press following the bowl announcement.

But, sure looks like we want a DT who can come in now, allowing the young ones to develop at their own pace. Sure looks like we want at least one DE. And, we know we are chasing a LB and CB and S. This was a defensive weekend, obviously.

There was an early leak of a JUCO DT from CA, Melvin Johnson (I think I have that right) but he apparently is on hold pending Edwards' decision. They can get Edwards at semester and that is the priority.

Wright and Turner have impressive offer sheets and would be great gets (going 1 for 2, even). The teams we are competing with have reputations for good DL development. Fingers' crossesd.

Not sure about the "Turner has an impressive offer sheet" part...

jbhogfan4

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 04, 2016, 11:03:15 pm

His offer list may not bat any eyes, but if you watch his film he is extremely athletic. Very good speed and quickness for his size. Something we could really use

scorekeeper

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 04, 2016, 03:36:08 pm
That dude is huge. And mean as heck too. I'm thinking some of those hits on the QB would have been penalties in the SEC! I like the mean streak.
Edwards would take Skipper's place as the ref's most hated for sure.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Oklahawg

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 04, 2016, 11:03:15 pm

OK, let's go with this: Mizzou has had a DL that kicks our version every year MU has been in the SEC. If they want him, I want him. (The coach can come along too, as far as I'm concerned...but he is the HC now, oops)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 05, 2016, 03:02:36 pm
OK, let's go with this: Mizzou has had a DL that kicks our version every year MU has been in the SEC. If they want him, I want him. (The coach can come along too, as far as I'm concerned...but he is the HC now, oops)
Well let's hire his coach, HC or not, anyway ;) 8) ;D

Oklahawg

jackflash

I think it looks good for Arkansas for Edwards and Johnson not sure about the rest