Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Troy James Commits to UA

Started by Potosihog, November 13, 2016, 10:29:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

November 13, 2016, 10:29:09 pm Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:27:28 pm by Oklahawg

RazorPiggie

http://247sports.com/player/troy-james-90432

Looks like an OU coach has recently been by to visit Mr. James.

The_Boot_stops_here

PorkRinds

247 says he committed to
The hogs today.

PintailKiller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There you go... <br><br>Madison Prep DL Troy James (<a href="https://twitter.com/go__ty">@go__ty</a>;) commits to Arkansas <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WPS?src=hash">#WPS</a>; <a href="https://t.co/4odYfgSams">pic.twitter.com/4odYfgSams</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Lopez (@_Andrew_Lopez) <a href="https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status/798188328352940033">November 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

ricepig

HawgTide

The_Iceman

#71 ranked player in Louisiana. Would be top 10 in Arkansas. Just shows the uphill battle Arkansas faces in recruiting. Glad to have him tho.

Hogberry Snortcake

Oklahawg

Lots of information in the thread to feel good about - OU came in late with an offer, but he stuck with UA. Means the Sooners and their vaunted recruiting machine thought enough of him to offer. As mentioned above, an area of need and someone we targeted a while ago.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BentonvilleJeff

Great to have Troy as a Hog!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 14, 2016, 11:02:27 am
Lots of information in the thread to feel good about - OU came in late with an offer, but he stuck with UA. Means the Sooners and their vaunted recruiting machine thought enough of him to offer. As mentioned above, an area of need and someone we targeted a while ago.

Hopefully Zero-U will not increase their bid.

Oklahawg

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 14, 2016, 11:39:22 am

Hopefully Zero-U will not increase their bid.

They are probably trying to buy a HC position for Mike Stoops so he leaves town.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jacobp

I don't have a link but you guys should check out his video he posted with his announcement. Best one I've seen in awhile

navyhog24

any word if teammate Bryan Jones might join him?

Richard Davenport

Quote from: jacobp on November 14, 2016, 12:32:04 pm
I don't have a link but you guys should check out his video he posted with his announcement. Best one I've seen in awhile

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/nov/14/dl-troy-james-post-commitment-video/

WriterWrong

Feelin pretty good about this commitment. I think James is gonna be a big-time player for us.  :razorback: :razorback:

pigelow

CaddoHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 14, 2016, 10:18:40 am
#71 ranked player in Louisiana. Would be top 10 in Arkansas. Just shows the uphill battle Arkansas faces in recruiting. Glad to have him tho.

All of that^ , yes.
-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -

CaddoHog:  the most hated member on Hogville.net
(for the reasons of _______________________ )

The_Iceman

Quote from: WriterWrong on November 14, 2016, 03:18:39 pm
Feelin pretty good about this commitment. I think James is gonna be a big-time player for us.  :razorback: :razorback:

Has Trey Flowers measurables. Hope he has Trey's fire and determination.

HogFoo

I saw video of this kid.  Kid looks pretty quick and agile for 6'3 280lbs+.   I like it.  OU tried coming in late.  But, glad the kid saw where his opportunity is at.  I think he will fit in nicely.  Glad he chose the hogs!   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

jackflash

luke hawg

If you watch his highlights on hudl, it's pretty obvious why OU offered. The kid is a freak. Agim like highlights with clips of several long runs from fullback and tailback spot.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3239349/5721c2cd19a53e2a18614dcc

MissippHog

WPS!  Welcome aboard!

Any chance a mod can change the title to "Troy James commits to UA" or something along those lines?

HogFoo

I was just looking at the hudl video.  Man, that kid is indeed Agim like.  He lined up as FB, RB, wideout, hback, all over, surprised he wasn't wildcat.  Kid very very agile, quick on his feet.  Heck, he had the ball took off, stopped on a dime, cut other direction  haha.  Hard to believe all those videos he was 283lb range.  He must have added some weight in the last year or something!  But in the one video about 7 guys jumped on his back when he ran with the ball and he still went frickin 20yards!  That's the kind of speed we need on defense.  Speed with power!    Now, if we can get some more dbs , LBs , safeties and such with more speed and know how to take proper angles , we'll be fine.  But, yeah, give me a few more like this kid here.  Heck, he could probably  play LB with the speed he got.  Haha. I wonder if they will try him out as a FB when he gets on campus.  Oh and anyone who hasn't seen it, go check out the video he made it was pretty cool!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

jackflash

great start toward a defense now if we add another stud LB and one more DL we maybe on our way

nwahogfan1

I agree we need more speed and athleticism on defense.  Great get. Go hogs.

cypress rock

His parents really enjoyed their recruiting trip to Fayetteville.

WriterWrong

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 14, 2016, 04:44:21 pm
Has Trey Flowers measurables. Hope he has Trey's fire and determination.

I feel like that's a pretty solid comparison. No telling what recruiting services think, but I think this kid is highly underrated. Wouldn't be surprised to see his stock rise. Glad he picked us.

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to The Hogs Mr. James.   "GO HOGS"

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: luke hawg on November 14, 2016, 09:04:39 pm
If you watch his highlights on hudl, it's pretty obvious why OU offered. The kid is a freak. Agim like highlights with clips of several long runs from fullback and tailback spot.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3239349/5721c2cd19a53e2a18614dcc

:-\

Jim Harris

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on November 15, 2016, 03:36:13 pm
:-\

It's weird, because nobody who is connected with or follows LSU  recruiting closely (not talking about Rivals, etc. but actually people in the know) is worried that LSU isn't offering this kid or that he's an SEC-caliber player who is "getting away." Maybe his film just looks good. He does have a teammate that is boss, though. Hard to believe in Baton Rouge he would be under the radar not only of LSU but of Ole Miss, Southern Miss and programs of that ilk. Maybe he's told everybody he wants as far away from there as possible, but that generally doesn't stop anyone from at least offering. So, I'd call this a mystery worth following.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 15, 2016, 03:39:48 pm
It's weird, because nobody who is connected with or follows LSU  recruiting closely (not talking about Rivals, etc. but actually people in the know) is worried that LSU isn't offering this kid or that he's an SEC-caliber player who is "getting away." Maybe his film just looks good. He does have a teammate that is boss, though. Hard to believe in Baton Rouge he would be under the radar not only of LSU but of Ole Miss, Southern Miss and programs of that ilk. Maybe he's told everybody he wants as far away from there as possible, but that generally doesn't stop anyone from at least offering. So, I'd call this a mystery worth following.

Look, it's one thing to say (as RD has said) that the staff REALLY wanted this kid. I actually believe that, regardless of whether or not I fully understand it.  I believe it b/c the staff has been on him for a long time.  He's not a backup plan to them.  But goodness, do we have to call him a freak and compare him to Agim?  Can't we just like (or have our doubts about) the kid for what he is/might be without falling all over ourselves?  It looks silly

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

DeltaHog66

Welcome Mr. James.  Glad to have you.

SamBuckhart

WPS, Mr. Troy James. Much success to you.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

zebradynasty

It's almost like looking at Agim's highlights in high school. I think Agim is faster and this kid is bigger both have a very quick fist step! If this is the #71 ranked player in LA....dang! :o