Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chevin Calloway

Started by greenie, August 20, 2016, 12:09:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 07, 2016, 09:10:53 pm
be a hog
Good chance he commits around Thanksgiving, if he doesn't do it this weekend.
All Gas, No Brakes!

gchamblee

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 03, 2016, 09:34:44 am
Solomon Thomas as well.

solomon wasnt looking for a school to go to for football primarily. He was looking for the best degree he could get while letting football pay for it. You can not blame our coaching staff for losing an intelligent young man who was craving academics to stanford.

Hoggy Bear

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

rljjr

Baylor is on the way back to the cellar, TCU is swirling with them although has a life preserver of a head coach who won't let them get below 4th in the Big 12, and Texas is always going to get kids who have dreamed of burnt orange. Our Texas recruiting will pick up as we win.

Calloway would be a great get.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on November 07, 2016, 10:30:58 pm
This Iowa website is reporting that Iowa has pulled Calloway's offer for taking visits.

http://www.goiowaawesome.com/caring-is-creepy/2016/10/660/gone-baby-gone-eno-benjamin-crosses-the-line-and-marks-it-zero

wow.  that's a scorcher.  well done.  kind of nice to see from local media

razorhead94

A major national 247 guy Steve Wiltfong predicted Calloway to Arkansas in his crystal bowl this morning.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Paul

RD likes our chances...nuff said

scooby21322

Similar to the story above, this article says that Calloway "officially decommits from Iowa." 

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-football-recruiting-decommit-calloway

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on November 07, 2016, 10:30:58 pm
This Iowa website is reporting that Iowa has pulled Calloway's offer for taking visits.

http://www.goiowaawesome.com/caring-is-creepy/2016/10/660/gone-baby-gone-eno-benjamin-crosses-the-line-and-marks-it-zero

Great article.  Iowa's stance is a bit dumb.  I get it with elite programs, but not Iowa.  Or UA, for that matter.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jjdlc

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2016, 05:15:16 pm
Great article.  Iowa's stance is a bit dumb.  I get it with elite programs, but not Iowa.  Or UA, for that matter.

We didn't pull any offers, just explained that we didn't consider them a commit, and would continue recruiting for that position, if they were visiting.  Big difference in terms of burning bridges.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jjdlc on November 08, 2016, 06:21:10 pm
We didn't pull any offers, just explained that we didn't consider them a commit, and would continue recruiting for that position, if they were visiting.  Big difference in terms of burning bridges.

Not following.  And not suggesting that UA pulls offers to kids who visit other places.  Just that it's not s practice should engage in with top recruits.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

jjdlc

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2016, 06:57:06 pm
Not following.  And not suggesting that UA pulls offers to kids who visit other places.  Just that it's not s practice should engage in with top recruits.

Chase Hayden was scheduled to visit Michigan.  We told him we could not consider him a commit if he did so, and would continue recruiting other RBs.  He ended up canceling the trip.  I assumed that's what you were referring to.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jjdlc on November 08, 2016, 09:15:40 pm
Chase Hayden was scheduled to visit Michigan.  We told him we could not consider him a commit if he did so, and would continue recruiting other RBs.  He ended up canceling the trip.  I assumed that's what you were referring to.

No, was meaning that Iowa's strategy is a strategy we should not employ.  Yes, saying that we don't recognize him as committed is not the same as actually pulling the offer and telling him to buzz off like Iowa would do.

Hoggish1

Quote from: jjdlc on November 08, 2016, 06:21:10 pm

Spot on. 

Pulling the offer is burning the bridge. Saying we will still be recruiting at his position, if the kid takes a trip, sends a very clear message to any kid who is really interested in us but wants to enjoy his fully complement of offers. 

They talk a chance...

ricepig

If you haven't heard, he isn't visiting this weekend, he has a playoff game on Saturday. I believe another guy committed can't either, due to a game on Saturday.

jbell96

Calloway said in an interview that he was frustrated with the lack of communication from the Iowa coaching staff. Said CBB & Hugh Freese are calling him directly & he couldn't get a call from his position coach at Iowa.

ricepig

Quote from: jbell96 on November 09, 2016, 01:09:22 pm
Calloway said in an interview that he was frustrated with the lack of communication from the Iowa coaching staff. Said CBB & Hugh Freese are calling him directly & he couldn't get a call from his position coach at Iowa.

Yeah, he plans on visiting OM and Colorado.

theFlyingHog

That's incredible. Unless Iowa decided they didn't want him I bet there's a little butt-chewing over that

navyhog24

Why would any kid even remotely listen to Hugh Freeze?

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: navyhog24 on November 09, 2016, 02:47:17 pm
Why would any kid even remotely listen to Hugh Freeze?

because he is driving a Brinks truck

hogfan14

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 09, 2016, 01:50:28 pm
That's incredible. Unless Iowa decided they didn't want him I bet there's a little butt-chewing over that

Saw an Iowa fan say they cut ties with him but it could just be sour grapes (he also said they pulled Eno Benjamin's offer)

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: hogfan14 on November 10, 2016, 09:29:08 am
Saw an Iowa fan say they cut ties with him but it could just be sour grapes (he also said they pulled Eno Benjamin's offer)

They basically did pull the offers.  Both Calloway and Benjamin had intentions to take other visits and look around and Iowa said no or we'll pull the offers. 

AugustaHog

You have to feel good about Calloway at this point.  Those state ties are going to be huge and he obviously knows the Williams family.  I couldn't imagine the ringing endorsement that RW3's parents would give our staff after everything they have been through with them.  You know they are very pleased with how much CBB and co. care about their players and work for them to get success.  The prospects for our secondary are greatly improving with some of the talent on the horizon. 
Just to name a few:
'17-Montaric Brown and Calloway
'18-Ken Montgomery
'19-Brian Williams
We are in great position to land all of those kids who are very highly touted and that would just be the start.  How about a 2020 starting safety combo of Montaric and Brian Williams?  That's the type of studs we need at safety. 

trashcan maN

Bielema doesn't just subtweet shoutouts to recruits randomly. Nearly every recruit he references on Twitter ends up committing. KJ Hill may be the sole exception, and even he committed for a bit.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 10, 2016, 04:30:30 pm
Bielema doesn't just subtweet shoutouts to recruits randomly. Nearly every recruit he references on Twitter ends up committing. KJ Hill may be the sole exception, and even he committed for a bit.
you're right, but, wasn't it about Bumper?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

colbs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 10, 2016, 06:06:49 pm
you're right, but, wasn't it about Bumper?
The birthday shout out was about Chevin.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on November 10, 2016, 10:56:44 am
They basically did pull the offers.  Both Calloway and Benjamin had intentions to take other visits and look around and Iowa said no or we'll pull the offers. 

Iowa is Dumb.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: colbs on November 10, 2016, 06:13:35 pm
The birthday shout out was about Chevin.
well, hot damn. We need him. Our secondary is going to be amazing someday.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

gibby

longpig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 10, 2016, 07:17:06 pm
indeed they are

Iowa's self awareness may be a little skewed.  Last years CFP contention due to a backloaded schedule gave them the big head.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ricepig

Quote from: longpig on November 11, 2016, 06:44:20 am
  Iowa's self awareness may be a little skewed.  Last years CFP contention due to a backloaded schedule gave them the big head.

They've come back down to earth this year.

texas tush hog

Quote from: rljjr on November 08, 2016, 07:30:07 am
Baylor is on the way back to the cellar, TCU is swirling with them although has a life preserver of a head coach who won't let them get below 4th in the Big 12, and Texas is always going to get kids who have dreamed of burnt orange. Our Texas recruiting will pick up as we win.

Calloway would be a great get.

Texas is Texas, but Charley may be gone, and that will help our Teas recruiting, regardless of who they hire.

TuskaloosaHawg

Quote from: King Kong on September 02, 2016, 08:22:17 pm
Several (10 to be exact) of those guys are or were walk-ons, 2 CBB didn't even recruit, and with Whaley being the only 4 star. (no I'm not giving you Agim who has been living in Arkansas) Rogers had a 4 star offer list and Raulerson was a 4 star that signed with Texas.

Fact is we have missed on Texas Kids like Sutherland who had 2 brothers at Arkansas, Daniels last year, Newsome  and Kendrick Jackson this year.
Besides for Agim and Whaley and Williams I would say we have wiffed in Texas. JMHO

Deep Shoat

Quote from: TuskaloosaHawg on November 15, 2016, 03:13:40 pm
Besides for Agim and Whaley and Williams I would say we have wiffed in Texas. JMHO
Which banned account are you?
All Gas, No Brakes!

JaketheSnake

Where in Texas was Agim?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: King Kong on September 02, 2016, 08:22:17 pm
Several (10 to be exact) of those guys are or were walk-ons, 2 CBB didn't even recruit, and with Whaley being the only 4 star. (no I'm not giving you Agim who has been living in Arkansas) Rogers had a 4 star offer list and Raulerson was a 4 star that signed with Texas.

Fact is we have missed on Texas Kids like Sutherland who had 2 brothers at Arkansas, Daniels last year, Newsome  and Kendrick Jackson this year.

Kendrick Jackson? He's a fullback.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 15, 2016, 05:04:50 pm
Kendrick Jackson? He's a fullback.

I love that you are responding to a post from September. But since he is talking about TX recruits with Arkansas ties that didn't come here. I'm postive he meant Kedrick James

http://247sports.com/player/kedrick-james-78298

King Kong

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 15, 2016, 05:34:30 pm
I love that you are responding to a post from September. But since he is talking about TX recruits with Arkansas ties that didn't come here. I'm postive he meant Kedrick James

http://247sports.com/player/kedrick-james-78298

That is who I meant

colbs

Any idea when he might reschedule his OV?