Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansans who have left the state

Started by MJ2, January 18, 2006, 04:39:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BroomeHog33

I just hope that Arkansas will not let another Brett get away in the south. Tennessee has established a hold down here in my home town and its killing me.
Razorbacks in Attack Mode!

obie1canobie

does the head coach at warren have something against the hogs or nutt? all of his players go somewhere else. he needs run out of this state!!!

Hog Belly

Quote from: obie1canobie on January 24, 2006, 08:42:41 pm
does the head coach at warren have something against the hogs or nutt? all of his players go somewhere else. he needs run out of this state!!!

You would think so! Maybe he's from TN and that's why it seems like he pushes his players that way.

5 little pigs

Hog Belly, the statement "it's a fact" is a figure of speech...however, in my opinion, after visiting with many former players and parents, they stated it is their opinion also that HDN isn't favorable of players from the RV, even those that have ended up at Arkansas from that area.  Everything that is opinion or even fact isn't related to a link.

My opinion also is that Arkansas has improved its position to win next year and in the future with its staff changes, however, for that to work out, HDN must let those people doe their jobs and stay out of the way.

I think it's great about the Stigall kid going to Miami and wish his the best as I understand he is a fantastic individual and his passion and drive will enable him to succeed.  I also will say there were others like him and Shelly that went to other schools that wanted to play at Arkansas but were not given the opportunity. 

I will end by saying I'm amazed that HDN has been allowed to keep his job, despite his job performance.  HDN's best performance was with Danny Ford's recruits and he has glaring deficiencies in other aspects of being a HC in a D1 program.  I just hope the influx of people on his staff that have proven successful systems will be allowed to contribute their experience and knowledge to make the Razorbacks a success again and turn this thing around.  It IS A FACT that Arkansas football has been moving in the WRONG direction and the LINK to that, since you like links for facts, is to the Arkansas record books.

Hog Belly

Quote from: 5 little pigs on January 25, 2006, 07:05:48 am
Hog Belly, the statement "it's a fact" is a figure of speech...however, in my opinion, after visiting with many former players and parents, they stated it is their opinion also that HDN isn't favorable of players from the RV, even those that have ended up at Arkansas from that area. Everything that is opinion or even fact isn't related to a link.

My opinion also is that Arkansas has improved its position to win next year and in the future with its staff changes, however, for that to work out, HDN must let those people doe their jobs and stay out of the way.

I think it's great about the Stigall kid going to Miami and wish his the best as I understand he is a fantastic individual and his passion and drive will enable him to succeed. I also will say there were others like him and Shelly that went to other schools that wanted to play at Arkansas but were not given the opportunity.

I will end by saying I'm amazed that HDN has been allowed to keep his job, despite his job performance. HDN's best performance was with Danny Ford's recruits and he has glaring deficiencies in other aspects of being a HC in a D1 program. I just hope the influx of people on his staff that have proven successful systems will be allowed to contribute their experience and knowledge to make the Razorbacks a success again and turn this thing around. It IS A FACT that Arkansas football has been moving in the WRONG direction and the LINK to that, since you like links for facts, is to the Arkansas record books.

I agree to your post that "it's a fact" is a figure of speech. But it is a figure of speech stating that you have something concrete so in that aspect you are wrong. If you are using the saying "it's a fact" as an opinion, you are contradicting yourself. Either which way, if IT'S A FACT, then there IS something concrete you can provide to back yourself up. If you are using this as your opinion, then that's cool. Everyone has an opinion, but do not use your opinion as something right out of the football bible.

Moving forward!!! I do think the recruiting program has taken a drastic change for the better and "my opinion" is that this could be a class that is as good, if not better than the class that came in with Batman Carroll and that group.

In reference to your commit about being amazed that HDN has been allowed to keep his job, well, that's another debate. You don't have to look very far to see that Bill Cower was in the same position not long ago and now his team is in the superbowl. My point is (1) coaches fly out the door after 1 loosing season anymore. My opinion is that this is a terrible trend. It's like hiring an employee to do a job, watching him make a mistake or mistakes and letting him go. With every mistake, that employee is correcting himself to allow himself to become better. HDN has the ability to do the job and do it well. Is he mistake free? No! But I do not question his ability nor his drive. (2) Someone else that has had way more experiance than you or I and is being paid much more money to make those decisions.

From your post, it is obvious that you are an avid Razorback fan, as am I. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Go Hogs

Duffer

Quote from: Hog Belly on January 24, 2006, 09:18:20 pm

You would think so! Maybe he's from TN and that's why it seems like he pushes his players that way.

He's from Wilson and went to HS at Rivercrest.  I think he played ball with Kortez Kennedy there.

Hog Belly

Quote from: Duffer on January 25, 2006, 07:56:59 am
Quote from: Hog Belly on January 24, 2006, 09:18:20 pm

He's from Wilson and went to HS at Rivercrest. I think he played ball with Kortez Kennedy there.

I see. I did not know that.

5 little pigs

Quote from: Hog Belly on January 25, 2006, 07:45:53 am
Quote from: 5 little pigs on January 25, 2006, 07:05:48 am
Hog Belly, the statement "it's a fact" is a figure of speech...however, in my opinion, after visiting with many former players and parents, they stated it is their opinion also that HDN isn't favorable of players from the RV, even those that have ended up at Arkansas from that area. Everything that is opinion or even fact isn't related to a link.

I think it's great about the Stigall kid going to Miami and wish his the best as I understand he is a fantastic individual and his passion and drive will enable him to succeed. I also will say there were others like him and Shelly that went to other schools that wanted to play at Arkansas but were not given the opportunity.

I will end by saying I'm amazed that HDN has been allowed to keep his job, despite his job performance. HDN's best performance was with Danny Ford's recruits and he has glaring deficiencies in other aspects of being a HC in a D1 program. I just hope the influx of people on his staff that have proven successful systems will be allowed to contribute their experience and knowledge to make the Razorbacks a success again and turn this thing around. It IS A FACT that Arkansas football has been moving in the WRONG direction and the LINK to that, since you like links for facts, is to the Arkansas record books.

I agree to your post that "it's a fact" is a figure of speech. But it is a figure of speech stating that you have something concrete so in that aspect you are wrong. If you are using the saying "it's a fact" as an opinion, you are contradicting yourself. Either which way, if IT'S A FACT, then there IS something concrete you can provide to back yourself up. If you are using this as your opinion, then that's cool. Everyone has an opinion, but do not use your opinion as something right out of the football bible.

Moving forward!!! I do think the recruiting program has taken a drastic change for the better and "my opinion" is that this could be a class that is as good, if not better than the class that came in with Batman Carroll and that group.

In reference to your commit about being amazed that HDN has been allowed to keep his job, well, that's another debate. You don't have to look very far to see that Bill Cower was in the same position not long ago and now his team is in the superbowl. My point is (1) coaches fly out the door after 1 loosing season anymore. My opinion is that this is a terrible trend. It's like hiring an employee to do a job, watching him make a mistake or mistakes and letting him go. With every mistake, that employee is correcting himself to allow himself to become better. HDN has the ability to do the job and do it well. Is he mistake free? No! But I do not question his ability nor his drive. (2) Someone else that has had way more experience than you or I and is being paid much more money to make those decisions.

From your post, it is obvious that you are an avid Razorback fan, as am I. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Go Hogs
I appreciate your comments and respect your opinions.  However, I was not an never will be a Batman fan.  He and fellow DB's on those teams were showboating underachievers that somehow made the NFL.  He has been an underachiever there as well!!  Someone sees something in him I do not.  Like you said, they are paid to make those decisions.

Houston has not done the job despite being rewarded quite handsomely.  Whether he can be successful in the future with the changes he made (positive I believe) remains to be seen.  I think after Herring got an earful, he indicated what he can do with marginal talent, he made a significant turnaround and I am anxious to see the results he will post with some players!  Hopefully, he will allow the people he has either willingly or unwillingly brought on board to utilize their talents to contribute to the overall success of the program and return Razorback football to respectability.  I certainly don't expect National Championships to be the norm but we can be competitive with the upper echelon teams and possibly compete for one every so often!! 

Go Hogs!!

Hog Belly

Now we are getting somewhere! I can see us coming together! :D I completely agree with the exception that HDN does not and cannot get the job done (unsure if we will ever see eye to eye there).

P.S. I was referring to that recruiting class that Batman was in. I despise showboating also and he was one, but give credit where credit is due. That was the best defensive backfield we have had in some years now. :razorback:

BroomeHog33

Well there is a lot of speculation on that but I don't want to bring up old wounds. In my opinion yes he did have one but I don't know about at the moment. I think Kemp left because of all the other guys that were already there. Warren will have a Dlineman that needs to be checked out. His name is Church and he is a beast. Originally from Benton I think and was a supersoph in that classification. He does it all for Warren including kicking duties. He kicked a 47 yard field goal last year. He is quick on his feet. Don't quote me on these numbers but I think he is about 6'2" 235 to 250 and by judging from his dad has lots of room to grow. Not a fat guy all muscle. He was dominate all year until getting hurt the last game against Shiloh in the second quarter. Hdn can use this fellow judging by the way he dominates against anybody. I am not a colledge scout but he looks d1 to me. Warren will have a couple more prospects next year so I hope the Tennessee train derails after this year.
Razorbacks in Attack Mode!

MBHog

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on January 18, 2006, 04:47:20 pm
I'm forgetting names, but the offensive Lineman who went to Tennesee out of the Jonesboro area.

The defensive back also from Warren.  He was starting for Tennessee last year at times.

I'll think of more.

Reggie Coleman...I graduated with him.  He and another friend of mine are working on becoming NFL agents.

LRCentralTiger

Here is a list that goes back three or four years.   :razorback:

Burks Williams   Duke
Marsalis Paige   Fairfield University
Damian Williams   Florida
Brice Beck   Iowa State
Robert Mingo   LA-Monroe
Brett Helms   LSU
Clinton McDonald   Memphis
DeAngelo Williams   Memphis
Woody Wilson   North Texas
Bartley Webb   Notre Dame
Ricardo Kemp   Tennessee
RoShaun Fellows   Tennessee
Bret Smith   Tennessee
Greg Jones   Tennessee
Slick Shelley   Tennessee
Walter Hill   Tennessee State
Wayman Casey   Tulsa
Cary Washington   UAPB
Mickey Dean   UAPB
Stewart Franks   UAPB
Drew Gardner   Vanderbilt
Nathan Campbell   Vanderbilt
Steven Stone   Vanderbilt

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 28, 2006, 06:10:40 pm

Burks Williams   Duke
Brice Beck   Iowa State
Robert Mingo   LA-Monroe
Brett Helms   LSU
Ricardo Kemp   Tennessee
Bret Smith   Tennessee
Greg Jones   Tennessee
Wayman Casey   Tulsa
Cary Washington   UAPB
Mickey Dean   UAPB
Stewart Franks   UAPB

a couple of things

First, Pine Bluff is in the state, although I often wished it wasn't

Next, aren't you jumping the gun on a couple of those guys, LOIs haven't been signed yet

LRCentralTiger

January 29, 2006, 09:11:26 am #63 Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 09:13:20 am by LRCentralTiger
Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on January 29, 2006, 03:26:34 am
Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 28, 2006, 06:10:40 pm

Burks Williams   Duke
Brice Beck   Iowa State
Robert Mingo   LA-Monroe
Brett Helms   LSU
Ricardo Kemp   Tennessee
Bret Smith   Tennessee
Greg Jones   Tennessee
Wayman Casey   Tulsa
Cary Washington   UAPB
Mickey Dean   UAPB
Stewart Franks   UAPB

a couple of things

First, Pine Bluff is in the state, although I often wished it wasn't

Next, aren't you jumping the gun on a couple of those guys, LOIs haven't been signed yet
I forgot to delete Mickey and Stewart.  They might as well have left the state because Arkansas did not want them.  Part of the LR Central championship teams and they beat Springdale and Mustain.  Go Central Tigers!

The other could change but as of today it it correct.

ki285

nathan campbell will never make it in the sec