Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Concessions Saturday 3/10/18?

Started by twistitup, March 12, 2018, 11:10:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

March 12, 2018, 11:10:58 am Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:26:33 am by twistitup
What kind of food and drinks did the UofA make available Saturday? I couldn't make it, the Crappie were biting...and HY hasn't pm'd me (or sent me a key)- I guess it's all on Levy this year.

Keep the coffee hot and water cold...it got reversed too many times last season

#Destination500
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Dark Helmet Hog

twistitup

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on March 12, 2018, 11:47:32 am
Is War Memorial Coke or Pepsi?

RC

I understand why they chose RC -it's an underdog thing - Coke and Pepsi didn't represent what LR and War Memorial have been through, so they went with Royal Crown.

They have an interesting story - maybe we should do the same in Fville

http://mentalfloss.com/article/76881/tragic-history-rc-cola

tusksincolorado

Quote from: twistitup on March 12, 2018, 12:57:40 pm
RC

I understand why they chose RC -it's an underdog thing - Coke and Pepsi didn't represent what LR and War Memorial have been through, so they went with Royal Crown.

Twist you know better....It's should be Sam's Choice at Razorback Stadium.

And who cares about what is served at unwanted, underfunded dump, War Memorial Stadium.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

twistitup

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2018, 01:40:10 pm

And who cares about what is served at unwanted, underfunded dump, War Memorial Stadium.

Is War Memorial a true memorial?

If so, why don't we fund it better?

Memorial

[muh-mawr-ee-uh l, -mohr-]

noun
something designed to preserve the memory of a person, event, etc., as a monument or a holiday.
a written statement of facts presented to a sovereign, a legislative body, etc., as the ground of, or expressed in the form of, a petition or remonstrance.
adjective
preserving the memory of a person or thing; commemorative:
memorial services.
of or relating to the memory.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: twistitup on March 12, 2018, 01:55:38 pm

Memorial

noun
something designed to preserve the memory of a person, event, etc., as a monument or a holiday.
a written statement of facts presented to a sovereign, a legislative body, etc., as the ground of, or expressed in the form of, a petition or remonstrance.
adjective
memorial services.

That's a question which needs to be asked to the fine citizens of Arkansas....

twistitup

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2018, 03:58:24 pm
That's a question which needs to be asked to the fine citizens of Arkansas....

I agree...it's strange to me they would make a stadium a memorial and then let it go to shiite....at least change then name - then let it go to shiite

I have an idea:

War Memorial Concessions Training Center

---Where we train the best...and send home the rest

Our graduates are working in top stadiums NATIONWIDE - you want to go to Arkansas Razorback games? We have your ticket! Want to go to University of Miami games? We can make that happen too

FineAsSwine

Quote from: twistitup on March 12, 2018, 01:55:38 pm

Memorial

noun
adjective
memorial services.

I need to know more about the war that is being memorialized before I throw my support behind it. Not sure how a stadium translates as a memorial to war.

In terms of our football teams performance lately, I could see a battle parallel along the lines of Custer's Last Stand.
Hogs up! Covid down!

twistitup

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 12, 2018, 04:10:27 pm
I need to know more about the war that is being memorialized before I throw my support behind it. Not sure how a stadium translates as a memorial to war.

In terms of our football teams performance lately, I could see a battle parallel along the lines of Custer's Last Stand.

War Memorial Stadium was originally built as a tribute to Arkansans who had given their lives in the service of their country during the two great World Wars. It has grown, over time, as a living tribute to all Arkansans who have served and paid the ultimate price for their country. Military personnel have been honored over the years through programs, tributes and monuments. The Sturgis Plaza opened in 2008 on the Westside of the stadium as a place of remembrance and reflection. The plaza was the centerpiece of the celebration of War Memorial Stadium's 60th anniversary and re-dedication.

http://www.wmstadium.com/stadium-info/stadium-history

wildhogman

Quote from: twistitup on March 12, 2018, 12:57:40 pm
RC

I like that story twist. I have a step brother who is quite a bit older then me. He worked for RC Cola back in the day in Fort Smith I believe. Maybe a delivery driver.  But I still remember him singing a song when I was a small boy to this day, Something along the lines of,,"RC cola, that's a lot. Pepsi cola tastes like slop lol

PorkSoda

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2018, 01:40:10 pm

and all these years I thought the WM stood for waste management.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Dark Helmet Hog

Looks like War Memorial is Coke friendly!

https://www.wmstadium.com/stadium-info/a-to-z-guide#index-c

Concessions

War Memorial Stadium is equipped with 22 open concession stands serving Coke products and wide variety of stadium foods. Vendors also roam the stands with Coke products, peanuts and popcorn.

DeltaBoy

It a War Memorial to all Arkansans who died in Service of our Nation it also to honor all those who served!

The State needs to pony up more Cash and give the Grand old Lady a major facelift!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cotton

Ooooo I like the idea of a GS concessions D.

GScD

Coke is going to give a huge advantage to WM right out of the gate.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

tusksincolorado

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 15, 2018, 09:11:36 am
It a War Memorial to all Arkansans who died in Service of our Nation it also to honor all those who served!

The State needs to pony up more Cash and give the Grand old Lady a major facelift!

Guess they could just bulldoze the Stadium and Zoo and move it across the river with everything else.....

twistitup

If it's a memorial - let's treat it like one....if not, let's at least use it to improve concessions nationwide. We could be known as the place to go for concession training and development.

Have a guy or gal that has potential, but can't 'cut it' at the Staples Center? Easy, send him to the D league in LR for some professional development... too much ice in the drinks?... lacking communication skills? We can solve these problems in a 5 day, intense training course - that pays for itself (with improvements in operational efficiency, of course)

Like my great uncle always said...."it doesn't matter what you do, just be the best at it." I believe this is a good motto to live by.