Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The South's Finest Pralines

Started by twistitup, March 02, 2018, 07:37:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

If we are going to do it...let's do it right. A basket of Prailines (possibly in the shape of a Razorback) beside each cash register as an impulse buy. If I'm already dropping 20+ on food and drinks - I can't turn down the creamy goodness of a pecan praline. After tossing back a medium-rare blue cheese and bacon burger, nothing better than following it up with something sweet.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: twistitup on March 02, 2018, 07:37:16 am
If we are going to do it...let's do it right. A basket of Prailines (possibly in the shape of a Razorback) beside each cash register as an impulse buy. If I'm already dropping 20+ on food and drinks - I can't turn down the creamy goodness of a pecan praline. After tossing back a medium-rare blue cheese and bacon burger, nothing better than following it up with something sweet.

Excellent.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

pigture perfect

As long as I have teeth I prefer a good peanut brittle. The kind that the church ladies make.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bphi11ips

Now wait a minute. Pralines and brittle are entirely different. Both have their place. There's room for both plus caramel popcorn, preferably homemade in bags with a twist tie. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

twistitup

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 02, 2018, 09:13:58 am
Now wait a minute. Pralines and brittle are entirely different. Both have their place. There's room for both plus caramel popcorn, preferably homemade in bags with a twist tie.

DeltaBoy

I know Pralines are everywhere down here in Texas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 02, 2018, 09:13:58 am

Just had to throw Twist's name in there. Kettle corn will work, too.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2018, 09:40:27 am
Just had to throw Twist's name in there. Kettle corn will work, too.

Sure...with a Twist Tie

dirtimus

Ahhhh, question is, how do YOU pronounce it... Prah-leen or Pray-leen?

twistitup

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: dirtimus on March 02, 2018, 10:13:25 am

Any pronunciation other than Pray-Leen means you ain't from around here.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

bphi11ips

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

El Puerco Grande

Pray-lene is the yankee pronunciation. It is like pee-can. Of course I live just a few miles from the Louisiana state line. Little Rock is yankee territory to me.
How 'bout them hogs?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 02, 2018, 08:50:42 am
As long as I have teeth I prefer a good peanut brittle. The kind that the church ladies make.

I like that red stuff that's not quite brittle, but taste like "Boston Baked Beans" that no one took the time to separate.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

twistitup

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 03, 2018, 12:19:35 am
I like that red stuff that's not quite brittle, but taste like "Boston Baked Beans" that no one took the time to separate.!!

Those are good too - ate them as a kid.

bphi11ips

Quote from: El Puerco Grande on March 02, 2018, 08:53:12 pm
Pray-lene is the yankee pronunciation. It is like pee-can. Of course I live just a few miles from the Louisiana state line. Little Rock is yankee territory to me.

Laissez les bons temps rouler:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praline

hoglady

March 03, 2018, 10:02:47 am #19 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:55:40 am by hoglady
I'm an Aunt Sally's fan.
Always bring some home after a trip to "The Big Easy" and have been known to order online when a craving hits.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

If you folks get all these ideas onboard, I suggest we keep the stadium open year round as a restaurant. 

SamBuckhart

Quote from: dirtimus on March 02, 2018, 10:13:25 am
I like em any way you say it. But praw leens sounds like seafood.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

DeltaBoy

FineAsSwine

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 02, 2018, 01:30:43 pm
Rhymes with Raylene.

Also rhymes with scabies. Never heard of it until I met a tall Texas redhead from The Colony in the Dallas area.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 03, 2018, 12:19:35 am

Used to see those all the time at the Fairs and Stores. Dad loved them and so do I.   

Our Table bought one the size of a dinner plate at the Church Dessert auctions and it was Good!