Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Football Hire!!!

Started by snoot hoggy hog, August 25, 2016, 06:37:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

SugarHillGaHog

moses_007

Why is CBB hiring analysts?  Is he scared Smith or Enos is going to leave?

ricepig

Quote from: moses_007 on August 25, 2016, 07:19:30 pm

What? He's hiring analyst so we can have guys breaking down our opponents two weeks in advance. These guys aren't focusing on us, they'll break down our opponents so it's easier for our co-coordinators to game plan.

hogsfan31

No. It helps prepare the offense more for whatever defense they will be facing each week instead of the Offensive and Defensive coordinators having to do it. They can focus on other needs specifically on their side of the ball. Saban has them at Bama, they're at LSU, UGA, FL...we're finally getting some of these analysts to come in and help. We just aren't hiring 10 of them like Saban and Bama does.

I think his knowledge would help tremendously, and not only that but he was PR's DC at Iowa State.

The Boar War

Just another set of eyes.  It's become a common practice with the surplus of money and the restriction on the number of actual coaching positions.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on August 25, 2016, 07:08:53 pm
I've not heard of him.  However him just cutting his eyes over to me like this pic might tell me a lot about what I just did wrong.. 

http://www.amestrib.com/sports/football-burnham-calls-it-career

Looks like he just got a hold of some JUICE!!!!

OnTheHillHogFan

Most power 5 schools have multiple analysts now. Like the other poster said they are usually about 2 weeks ahead on the schedule watching film.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hawgar The Horrible

Saban has a gaggle of "administrative" personnel in the front office and on the payroll to breakdown film and opponents tendencies. Their first names all happen to be Coach.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Why is every SEC team doing?

Danny J

Quote from: longpig on August 25, 2016, 06:50:00 pm
That's weird...the song from happy days just came on in the bedroom the exact same time I clicked on this thread and saw the fonz

Wildhog

We had Steve Loney as an analyst in 2014, and Robb Smith gave him a ton of credit for that 2014 defense.

We hired a replacement for Loney this year, after not having one (that I'm aware of) in 2015.  Now Enos gets an analyst.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977