Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Nation Mocks Drew Morgan

Started by Peter Porker, August 25, 2016, 09:24:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

goodguytex

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on August 25, 2016, 10:48:03 am
Did you ask Drew if it would be okay to create the video BEFORE you created it?
That would have been the appropriate thing to do. If it was meant in a light-hearted way and not to mock a great representative of Hog football, then that's one thing. But I'm pretty sure Drew didn't take it the way he might have intended. And an explanation to Drew might be the right thing to do.

Anything this team can do to get motivated to play above the inexperience they have, the tough schedule they have to play, we all should welcome. I want this team to believe they can beat the world. Where college football is concerned, the best in the sport in college is who we will play. And I want this team to win. Razorback Nation should too. And give nothing but full support.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 25, 2016, 09:24:03 am
Razorback Nation posted a video on the twitters this morning mocking Drew Morgan's "Juice" comments. If any of you guys can post it I'd appreciate. Actually, I'd appreciate Razorback Nation deleting the terrible video. 1. It mocks Drew. 2. It's not funny. 3. It is dumb.

NM
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: jneal56 on August 25, 2016, 11:02:17 am
Who freaking cares?!?!? He's a college football player! I doubt it really bothers him at all. How much trash do you think DB's talk? If he can put up with that then this is nothing. People need to calm down geez! You people complaining are way too sensitive. No wonder why there are so many "wimpy whiney arses" in the world now. Nobody can do or say anything without someone saying "that hurts my fealings" or "even though it wasn't about me, I'm going to be butt hurt and have my feelings hurt and demand an apology, for them to resign or get fired, and paybme money for the stress it has caused me!"  Grow up and quit being weak little lemmings!!!!!

We need to calm down?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

jneal56

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 25, 2016, 11:10:12 am
We need to calm down?

Yes! This is my world and you all just live in it so I'm right even when I'm wrong!!
"At least we are moral"

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: jneal56 on August 25, 2016, 11:13:27 am
Yes! This is my world and you all just live in it so I'm right even when I'm wrong!!

Good answer. I gotta' try that one on the wife. Or maybe not.

jneal56

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 25, 2016, 11:19:17 am
Good answer. I gotta' try that one on the wife. Or maybe not.

Lol! Doesn't work on mine no matter how many times I tell her.
"At least we are moral"

Hog_Swanson

Who freaking cares?!?!? He's a college football player! I doubt it really bothers him at all. How much trash do you think DB's talk? If he can put up with that then this is nothing. People need to calm down geez! You people complaining are way too sensitive. No wonder why there are so many "wimpy whiney arses" in the world now. Nobody can do or say anything without someone saying "that hurts my fealings" or "even though it wasn't about me, I'm going to be butt hurt and have my feelings hurt and demand an apology, for them to resign or get fired, and paybme money for the stress it has caused me!"  Grow up and quit being weak little lemmings!!!!!
***Thread***
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: KellermanRA on August 25, 2016, 10:25:09 am
I personally made the post. 

First and foremost, I have the utmost respect for Drew Morgan: both his accomplishments on the field and as a leader in the locker room.  If a post intended to be humorous offended him or anyone else, I certainly apologize.  That wasn't the intent.

The intent was to have some fun with what he was already having fun with -- the term "juice." 

Humor is subjective.  If you didn't find it funny, that's fine.  My wife doesn't think I'm funny either.

If you look at it as anything more than an attempt at light-hearted humor, you're looking too hard.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: KellermanRA on August 25, 2016, 10:25:09 am
I personally made the post. 

First and foremost, I have the utmost respect for Drew Morgan: both his accomplishments on the field and as a leader in the locker room.  If a post intended to be humorous offended him or anyone else, I certainly apologize.  That wasn't the intent.

The intent was to have some fun with what he was already having fun with -- the term "juice." 

Humor is subjective.  If you didn't find it funny, that's fine.  My wife doesn't think I'm funny either.

If you look at it as anything more than an attempt at light-hearted humor, you're looking too hard.

Trying to be funny due to a player your media is covering is wrong. Those players are working their behinds off and risking serious injury daily yet you want to take what they use as motivation and try to be funny. That's not funny or mature. It's sad. A good professional media member shouldn't  do something like that and not expect to get their professionalism questioned.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

supersaint

He has the juice. The clown that made the video does not.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

FineAsSwine

You must have a life or something.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: supersaint on August 25, 2016, 12:15:44 pm
He has the juice. The clown that made the video does not.

Like the video I posted of the song no juice by lil boosie!!!

TheMallettMan

just know... the Razorback Nation and it's crew had NOTHING to do with the creation of this video  :razorback: ::hornsdown::
Just be a fan! you're not a coach or a player... just enjoy being a fan! WPS!

jneal56

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 25, 2016, 12:16:10 pm
You must have a life or something.

Yeah from time to time it brings me here, especially this close to the only 6 months of the year that are worth while. I think it is funny though. Majority if not all of the people posting about how awful the guy is for making the video probably have previous posts complaining about how so many of the kids now days are just too self absorbed or aren't tough or this or that. Then they want someones head for posting a video that a player probably gave about 3 seconds worth of thought about and then forgot all about it. That's what real men and women do in the real world, they just recognize what it really is, which is absolutely nothing, and they go on working hard and getting better. I am putting my money that DM is doing just that and not getting caught up in all the "message board heroes" coming to his "defenseless and fragile" psyche. The dude played injured for half the year without missing a beat, he doesn't need any of the "MBH's" to come to his defense. He's tough as nails, plays his heart out every play and never gives up and these are coming from a Negative Nancey who didn't think he was worth the sweat in his socks his first 2 years. A player like that doesn't let little things like this bother him. I'd rather talk about his 4 TD 179 yard performance in the win against Bama this year to take us to 6-0 but that's just me.
"At least we are moral"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jneal56

"At least we are moral"

Hawgzinbowlz

Surprised that RN would post such a jackass video...

" GO HOGS "

staffhog

Quote from: jneal56 on August 25, 2016, 02:11:49 pm
Yeah from time to time it brings me here, especially this close to the only 6 months of the year that are worth while. I think it is funny though. Majority if not all of the people posting about how awful the guy is for making the video probably have previous posts complaining about how so many of the kids now days are just too self absorbed or aren't tough or this or that. Then they want someones head for posting a video that a player probably gave about 3 seconds worth of thought about and then forgot all about it. That's what real men and women do in the real world, they just recognize what it really is, which is absolutely nothing, and they go on working hard and getting better. I am putting my money that DM is doing just that and not getting caught up in all the "message board heroes" coming to his "defenseless and fragile" psyche. The dude played injured for half the year without missing a beat, he doesn't need any of the "MBH's" to come to his defense. He's tough as nails, plays his heart out every play and never gives up and these are coming from a Negative Nancey who didn't think he was worth the sweat in his socks his first 2 years. A player like that doesn't let little things like this bother him. I'd rather talk about his 4 TD 179 yard performance in the win against Bama this year to take us to 6-0 but that's just me.

What you are not wanting to recognize is that RN is very similar to an arm of the Razorback federal government.  When you are in lofty palces you be very careful about putting forth the wrong message.  This is very different than an individual spouting off.

I went to see Billy Joe Shaver in Dallas last summer when some table full of clowns starting mocking his act.  He literally shredded them for all to see.  The remainder of the "fans" chimed in behind Billy Joe.  The mockers sheepishly stuck around for a little while but whether they enjoyed any of that show in debatable.  This situation reminds me of that in a way and I wish Drew had the opportunity to shred this clown and his off taste sense of humor.  It is not funny to a serious Hog fan.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: staffhog on August 25, 2016, 03:29:12 pm
What you are not wanting to recognize is that RN is very similar to an arm of the Razorback federal government.  When you are in lofty palces you be very careful about putting forth the wrong message.  This is very different than an individual spouting off.

I went to see Billy Joe Shaver in Dallas last summer when some table full of clowns starting mocking his act.  He literally shredded them for all to see.  The remainder of the "fans" chimed in behind Billy Joe.  The mockers sheepishly stuck around for a little while but whether they enjoyed any of that show in debatable.  This situation reminds me of that in a way and I wish Drew had the opportunity to shred this clown and his off taste sense of humor.  It is not funny to a serious Hog fan.

I doubt Drew Morgan would want to take it that far. Was it in poor taste? Maybe, but it was funny. Still, this is nothing to the butt reaming some of our Razorback players are going to take this year on this board IF the team falls short of Hogville's expectations or some individual player shows a need for improvement that could have contributed to a loss. On here, the weakest link will be identified and roasted early and often. This little dustup about Drew won't even compare.

Hog N Bama

Drew Morgan has THE leadership that I'm pleased to hear is contagious to his teammates. Don't ruin it by making fun of it.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on August 25, 2016, 03:20:19 pm
Surprised that RN would post such a jackass video...

" GO HOGS "

I'm not surprised at all.  Every media outlet will make the most stupid post to draw attention.  I think some of them has, what I call, National Inquirer Syndrome.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

jneal56

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 25, 2016, 03:43:21 pm
I doubt Drew Morgan would want to take it that far. Was it in poor taste? Maybe, but it was funny. Still, this is nothing to the butt reaming some of our Razorback players are going to take this year on this board IF the team falls short of Hogville's expectations or some individual player shows a need for improvement that could have contributed to a loss. On here, the weakest link will be identified and roasted early and often. This little dustup about Drew won't even compare.

Yes sir! Couldn't agree more. These same so-and-so's would be ready to stone DM if did something like, say, fumbled the go ahead TD in the Bama game with 00:03 left on the clock. Or if happened to create another Stoernover-esqu type of play the very next week. The pitchforks and torches would be out in groves!
"At least we are moral"

dowils

It was in poor taste. That is a respectful, common sense statement, not complaining or whining, just an observation. I didn't care for it.  I like Drew, he is a good kid who deserves more respect, especially after the leadership and toughness he has shown during his career as a Razorback.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: jneal56 on August 25, 2016, 03:49:20 pm
Yes sir! Couldn't agree more. These same so-and-so's would be ready to stone DM if did something like, say, fumbled the go ahead TD in the Bama game with 00:03 left on the clock. Or if happened to create another Stoernover-esqu type of play the very next week. The pitchforks and torches would be out in groves!

Ole Miss ain't got nothing to do with it.

jneal56

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 25, 2016, 03:56:59 pm
Ole Miss ain't got nothing to do with it.

Haha! I wondered how long it would take for that! +1000000 for you!!
"At least we are moral"

AirWarren

The hogville mangina Crew stikes again!!

This board rivals an episode of "The View".

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AP85 on August 25, 2016, 04:06:23 pm

Any perception of dogging a player you darn right we strike!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 25, 2016, 09:40:33 am
I thought it was funny. Y'all are looking into it too much

You and the originator have the same character flaw. You probably laugh at disabled people too...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

AirWarren

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 25, 2016, 04:10:43 pm
Any perception of dogging a player you darn right we strike!

And the Queen of the crew comes through first.

AirWarren

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 25, 2016, 04:11:44 pm
You and the originator have the same character flaw. You probably laugh at disabled people too...

Dramatic much?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You too dork...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rzrbackramsfan

^^no juice

AirWarren

You mangina's have fun lynch mobbing. I'll check back in later.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: AP85 on August 25, 2016, 04:19:52 pm
You mangina's have fun lynch mobbing. I'll check back in later.

Somebodys has go get drunk on cheap whisky and yell insults at their dog.

AirWarren

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 25, 2016, 04:22:00 pm
Somebodys has go get drunk on cheap whisky and yell insults at their dog.

Some of these people live a miserable and basic life I would assume.

TomasPistola

I couldn't care less how other fans feel about the video. If it bothered Drew, then and only then, does it bother me. Otherwise it's an attempt to be funny or get some clicks. Ok.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

AirWarren

Quote from: TomasPistola on August 25, 2016, 04:26:16 pm
I couldn't care less how other fans feel about the video. If it bothered Drew, then and only then, does it bother me. Otherwise it's an attempt to be funny or get some clicks. Ok.

Amen.

Vantage 8 dude

Humm....glad to see you can admit you might actually wrong at times. At least that's something.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jneal56 on August 25, 2016, 02:11:49 pm
The very fact he DID play hurt part of last year and still did a terrific job at WR earns him the right for more respect than this sophomoric piece of tripe portrays. He's earned the respect of every Hog fan out there. Then again, perhaps that's the REAL answer to the motive for posting such idiocy. The author's not a true dyed-in-the-wool Razorback fan no matter how much he might protest or claim otherwise.

Wayne Watson

My grandpa had a sign on his cash register (seen on the left in the pic below) that said "Whether I'm Right or Wrong, I'm Still the BOSS".
We don't rent pigs

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jneal56 on August 25, 2016, 11:03:41 am
Furthermore, if you don't like it, don't watch it or read it or listen to it or tweeter it or whatever else there is....
Well I suggest you might want to go back and reread the above if you don't care for other viewpoints/attitudes concerning this whole affair.

Wayne Watson

If you can't stop attacking each other, how about the thread gets locked and you can have a pissing contest with messages?
We don't rent pigs

nchogg

I didn't like the juice animation I think they could have used something a little more tasteful. RN owes Drew an apology. Juice is just a vocal expression when he get pumped up. Keep doing it Drew. Go Hogs!

KlubhouseKonnected

I agree that it's unfunny and therefore lame. I don't see how it's actually disrespectful towards Morgan however.  Just a poor execution of the Internet really...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

rhames

Video was stupid. It wasn't making fun of Drew though

Although he has to go by Drew "juice box " Morgan now, right?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Wayne Watson on August 25, 2016, 04:43:32 pm
My grandpa had a sign on his cash register (seen on the left in the pic below) that said "Whether I'm Right or Wrong, I'm Still the BOSS".
Where was the store, Wayne? I used to work for Logan, 1st job after college. Go Drew Morgan and Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on August 25, 2016, 10:48:03 am
Did you ask Drew if it would be okay to create the video BEFORE you created it?

He does not need to. Did DeviceHigh get the "okay" of everyone whose likenesses he used in his videos?  Let's not get over excited.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PLHawg

Football season, please get here NOW!

Inhogswetrust

Interesting some of my posts were deleted but not some of those that didn't defend the players but disagreed with those that did. I thought the rules was no attacking players. Therefore I thought my defending players and thus myself was warranted. Oh well I'll not do so anymore in this thread.

Bacon_Bitz

It's darkest before dawn. Kickoff in ten days.