Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Nation Mocks Drew Morgan

Started by Peter Porker, August 25, 2016, 09:24:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Auburn

Streisand effect to commence in 5...4...3...

"The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet."

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 25, 2016, 12:15:29 pm
Trying to be funny due to a player your media is covering is wrong. Those players are working their behinds off and risking serious injury daily yet you want to take what they use as motivation and try to be funny. That's not funny or mature. It's sad. A good professional media member shouldn't  do something like that and not expect to get their professionalism questioned.

Lol, what?
Quote from: staffhog on August 25, 2016, 03:29:12 pm
What you are not wanting to recognize is that RN is very similar to an arm of the Razorback federal government.  When you are in lofty palces you be very careful about putting forth the wrong message.  This is very different than an individual spouting off.

I went to see Billy Joe Shaver in Dallas last summer when some table full of clowns starting mocking his act.  He literally shredded them for all to see.  The remainder of the "fans" chimed in behind Billy Joe.  The mockers sheepishly stuck around for a little while but whether they enjoyed any of that show in debatable.  This situation reminds me of that in a way and I wish Drew had the opportunity to shred this clown and his off taste sense of humor.  It is not funny to a serious Hog fan.

I am not necessarily asking the gentleman I have quoted here, I am just using it as a general example of someone who believes that video "mocks" Drew Morgan, but can someone please explain to me exactly how this video "mocks" Drew Morgan?  For convenience I have copied the following definitions:

1. tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner
- first search result on my phone (best I can come up with on source it does not a link. Google Feedback?) 

2. : to laugh at or make fun of (someone or something) especially by copying an action or a way of behaving or speaking
: to criticize and laugh at (someone or something) for being bad, worthless, or unimportant
- Merriam-Webster.

Thanks in advance.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 25, 2016, 05:28:53 pm
He does not need to. Did DeviceHigh get the "okay" of everyone whose likenesses he used in his videos?  Let's not get over excited.
Perhaps, and I'm only guessing here, what the poster meant to say that it would have been an act of courtesy and good taste to check with the young man concerning his thoughts/reactions. It does, after all, most definitely involve Drew. Perhaps, however, in a world of "who the heck cares as long as I can be clever and cute" that issue didn't even occur to the author of the video. Yep, something tells me that may be the crux of the matter.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: SamBuckhart on August 25, 2016, 05:27:31 pm
Where was the store, Wayne? I used to work for Logan, 1st job after college. Go Drew Morgan and Wooo Pig!

Lisbon, AR
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

jneal56

Quote from: Wayne Watson on August 25, 2016, 04:53:22 pm
If you can't stop attacking each other, how about the thread gets locked and you can have a pissing contest with messages?

That's gonna take a lot of juice to win that contest!!!!! Just couldn't resist!!
"At least we are moral"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 25, 2016, 05:43:45 pm
Perhaps, and I'm only guessing here, what the poster meant to say that it would have been an act of courtesy and good taste to check with the young man concerning his thoughts/reactions. It does, after all, most definitely involve Drew. Perhaps, however, in a world of "who the heck cares as long as I can be clever and cute" that issue didn't even occur to the author of the video. Yep, something tells me that may be the crux of the matter.

Why? Since when do people feel that everyone should have to poll anyone that may be part of the subject matter of a completely harmless joke just to make sure they like the joke? In what way did this video insult Drew or disrespect him personally?  I don't see it.  I just see a quirky bit of local sports news fluff inter-spliced with clips that use are sort of related to the word the fluff is using.

I don't see the humor in it but I don't see the alleged insult either. 

LRHawg

Uncalled for or not, it wasn't funny. If you're going to step out of line, at least make it worth it.

jneal56

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 25, 2016, 04:35:49 pm
Humm....glad to see you can admit you might actually wrong at times. At least that's something.

Oh you know how it goes.....eat enough crow you start to enjoy it after a bit. Unfortunately I have a heavy diet of crow, but luckily for me, it's my world!!!!
"At least we are moral"

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 25, 2016, 05:29:37 pm
Interesting some of my posts were deleted but not some of those that didn't defend the players but disagreed with those that did. I thought the rules was no attacking players. Therefore I thought my defending players and thus myself was warranted. Oh well I'll not do so anymore in this thread.

If you quote someone who did, your post gets deleted.  It's not that your post was offensive but if a quote is attached, it will be deleted. 

You're a good poster...just don't quote goobers.   ;D
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

supersaint

Quote from: LRHawg on August 25, 2016, 06:05:49 pm
Uncalled for or not, it wasn't funny. If you're going to step out of line, at least make it worth it.

Exactly. Garbage.  Videos like that only exist because it's illegal to punch people.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

jneal56

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 25, 2016, 04:42:20 pm
The very fact he DID play hurt part of last year and still did a terrific job at WR earns him the right for more respect than this sophomoric piece of tripe portrays. He's earned the respect of every Hog fan out there. Then again, perhaps that's the REAL answer to the motive for posting such idiocy. The author's not a true dyed-in-the-wool Razorback fan no matter how much he might protest or claim otherwise.

I agree with you. My main ranting was basically about many of these people who post on here tend to contradict themselves without even knowing it, including myself. Just a fun way to pass the time in these idle moments before the season starts. Personally I didn't think it was funny and also DM says some goofy things at times but hell who doesn't? It was slow day at work and I decided to have some fun with the heroes.
"At least we are moral"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 25, 2016, 06:04:58 pm
Why? In what way did this video insult Drew or disrespect him personally?  I don't see it.  I just see a quirky bit of local sports news fluff inter-spliced with clips that use are sort of related to the word the fluff is using.

I don't see the humor in it but I don't see the alleged insult either.
Well I suppose it comes down to the old idea that like beauty it's in the eye of the beholder. Fine, you didn't see it as an insult or disrespect. Personally, I did and found the whole attempt such "humor" falling flat as a pancake. Then again that's just my reaction. And if previous posts are correct Mr. Morgan, the object of all this "humor", wasn't impressed either. In the end since he's the person most impacted by this I'll choose to agree with him. However, that's just me.....

Wildhog

I didn't think it was funny, but I didn't see it as disrespect, either.  Good Lord, we need football to get here.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 25, 2016, 06:12:50 pm
Well I suppose it comes down to the old idea that like beauty it's in the eye of the beholder. Fine, you didn't see it as an insult or disrespect. Personally, I did and found the whole attempt such "humor" falling flat as a pancake. Then again that's just my reaction. And if previous posts are correct Mr. Morgan, the object of all this "humor", wasn't impressed either. In the end since he's the person most impacted by this I'll choose to agree with him. However, that's just me.....

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 25, 2016, 05:42:21 pm
I am not necessarily asking the gentleman I have quoted here, I am just using it as a general example of someone who believes that video "mocks" Drew Morgan, but can someone please explain to me exactly how this video "mocks" Drew Morgan?  For convenience I have copied the following definitions:

1. tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner
- first search result on my phone (best I can come up with on source it does not a link. Google Feedback?) 

2. : to laugh at or make fun of (someone or something) especially by copying an action or a way of behaving or speaking
: to criticize and laugh at (someone or something) for being bad, worthless, or unimportant
- Merriam-Webster.

Thanks in advance.

Then maybe you are the dude to help me out with this. What specifically did you find insulting or mocking to Drew Morgan in that video?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wayne Watson on August 25, 2016, 06:09:43 pm
If you quote someone who did, your post gets deleted.  It's not that your post was offensive but if a quote is attached, it will be deleted. 

You're a good poster...just don't quote goobers.   ;D

Thank you. That's good advice.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi