Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Nation Mocks Drew Morgan

Started by Peter Porker, August 25, 2016, 09:24:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Razorback Nation posted a video on the twitters this morning mocking Drew Morgan's "Juice" comments. If any of you guys can post it I'd appreciate. Actually, I'd appreciate Razorback Nation deleting the terrible video. 1. It mocks Drew. 2. It's not funny. 3. It is dumb.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

factchecker

I agree.  Make fun of the millionaire coaches all you want but leave the student athletes alone. 

Drew didn't think it was funny either:

https://twitter.com/drewmorgan15/status/768813697397460992

He deleted his tweet but it didn't seem like he enjoyed bald middle age men making fun of him.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Peter Porker

Quote from: factchecker on August 25, 2016, 09:28:36 am
I agree.  Make fun of the millionaire coaches all you want but leave the student athletes alone. 

Drew didn't think it was funny either:

https://twitter.com/drewmorgan15/status/768813697397460992

Yea, I replied to it and he liked my reply.

Hawgar The Horrible

I'm sure they thought it was cute and in good fun. No harm intended by RN, but that is pretty lame.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

B501

Hawgar The Horrible

What would REALLY be funny is Razorback Nation whining about having no access to the program for a while.

Vantage 8 dude

So some clown(s) on RN makes what is meant to be a positive motivating tool by Drew into some moronic/sophomoric post. Nice empty minded/thimble brained move. What a tool whoever thought this "cutesy" idea is :puke: :puke: >:(

010HogFan

I thought it was funny. Y'all are looking into it too much

Peter Porker

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 25, 2016, 09:40:33 am
I thought it was funny. Y'all are looking into it too much

OR, you're not looking into it enough.

factchecker

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 25, 2016, 09:36:11 am
What would REALLY be funny is Razorback Nation whining about having no access to the program for a while.

Razorback Nation re-tweeted the video.... it's the work of a Little Rock reporter Austin Kellerman.... does Austin work with the Razorback Nation?  I thought it was primarily Aaron Peters, Alyssa Orange, and Mike Irwin.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Peter Porker

Quote from: factchecker on August 25, 2016, 09:42:19 am
Razorback Nation re-tweeted the video.... it's the work of a Little Rock reporter Austin Kellerman.... does Austin work with the Razorback Nation?  I thought it was primarily Aaron Peters, Alyssa Orange, and Mike Irwin.

Kellerman isn't a reporter. He's bigger than that.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

010HogFan

Peter Porker

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 25, 2016, 09:43:50 am
Nah. lighten up.

Nah. It just isn't funny. More condescending than anything.

factchecker

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 25, 2016, 09:43:09 am

Ok.  Just checked and he's the news director of kark4news and fox16news in Little Rock.  Shouldn't he be more focused on improving his product instead of making "cute" tweets?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DiamondHogFan

Is it a little strange that he refers to his addiction of positive energy as "juice"?  Probably.

Should RN make fun of it with a cartoon?  Nope.

bxw21

010HogFan

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 25, 2016, 09:45:13 am
Nah. It just isn't funny. More condescending than anything.

I didn't really think of it as that because the caption that was posted along with it wasn't mean or nasty, it honestly is kinda dumb but not malicious in its intent or anything

factchecker

Drew is a very rah rah guy.  Some people, especially non-athletic media members, roll their eyes at motivational speeches.  It seems to work for the boys though.  Drew is a tough competitor and he motivates other players.  Frank Ragnow even said yesterday that some of you guys may laugh but Drew's juice mantra was a hell of a motivational speech.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rzrbackramsfan

Wow that video was stupid (not the part with Drew in it)

VirginiaHog

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 25, 2016, 09:43:50 am
Nah. lighten up.
If Drew thought it was funny i would sluff it off. But he was not pleased. They should apologize publically.

010HogFan

Quote from: VirginiaHog on August 25, 2016, 09:50:37 am
If Drew thought it was funny i would sluff it off. But he was not pleased. They should apologize publically.

what did he say?

tannerstahl

is it lame and dumb, yes...was it meant to be humorous and draw attention to the hogs, yes...but in my humble opinion, it comes across as razorback supporters making fun of their own...which hopefully is the opposite of their intent in creating the video...i hope they take it down ...but at the end of the day, its just a stupid video
i love the hogs....so very very much

factchecker

It's crazy that we aren't supposed to bash players but there is a thread with this as the OP:

Quote from: taco_wallace on August 24, 2016, 11:20:56 pm
I love everything about this kid on the football field..... But his interviews always remind me of Will Ferrell's douchey brother Derek in the movie Step-Brothers.

And now media members seem to be jumping in on the "fun".

Come be a Razorback where fans will burn your truck and media will make fun of your motivation.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rzrbackramsfan

Give the mods time on the above post...

tannerstahl

Quote from: factchecker on August 25, 2016, 09:51:57 am

Come be a Razorback where fans will burn your truck and media will make fun of your motivation.

well said
i love the hogs....so very very much

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 25, 2016, 09:43:09 am
Actually with this he's shown he's far SMALLER. :-X

factchecker

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 25, 2016, 09:53:20 am
Give the mods time on the above post...

It's been up for a while..... I hope they remove the thread.

I think it's time for fans to start being self-critical.  I understand that it's not cool to be overly positive or to be biased in supporting the Hogs through thick and thin.  Realism rules the day and that's fine.  However, I can not stand for making fun and bashing the athletes who risk it all for our entertainment.

I can't wait for September 3rd to get here so I can behave like a lunatic for 3 plus hours rooting for the Hogs and believing that we will win every game.  Yelling encouragements, cheering for every player, and calling the Hogs as loud as I can.  If that's corny or not cool.... oh well then I'm square.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

My God, the season needs to get here, already.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

26.2Hog

Quote from: factchecker on August 25, 2016, 09:45:27 am
Ok.  Just checked and he's the news director of kark4news and fox16news in Little Rock.  Shouldn't he be more focused on improving his product instead of making "cute" tweets?

They have a 13 year old for their news director?  Interesting.

jkstock04

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 25, 2016, 09:24:34 am
https://twitter.com/AustinKellerman/status/768811763965890560
I actually agree with you on this one (shocker I know). Dumb video poking fun at a player. Small potatoes in whole scheme of things as Drew may actually laugh and think it's funny...but I see it as dumb. 

And they top it off with some bro-country music in the end to make it even more so idiotic.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Kevin

was that done at 2am after many adult beverages, sure it seemed funny then
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

factchecker

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 25, 2016, 10:04:13 am
I actually agree with you on this one (shocker I know). Dumb video poking fun at a player. Small potatoes in whole scheme of things as Drew may actually laugh and think it's funny...but I see it as dumb. 

And they top it off with some bro-country music in the end to make it even more so idiotic.

I don't like it but if Drew thought it was funny it wouldn't have bothered me.   That's the problem though.... Drew didn't think it was funny he originally replied with an angry/upset emoji to the tweet.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawgar The Horrible

Not trying to add insult to injury (yes I am), but it appears Kellerman attended UT Austin prior to transferring and getting his degree from North Texas.

factchecker

Drew needs to take this moment and realize that it's him, his team, and the coaches against everyone else.

Don't share anymore insights to the parasitic media that hover around the program.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

KellermanRA

I personally made the post. 

First and foremost, I have the utmost respect for Drew Morgan: both his accomplishments on the field and as a leader in the locker room.  If a post intended to be humorous offended him or anyone else, I certainly apologize.  That wasn't the intent.

The intent was to have some fun with what he was already having fun with -- the term "juice." 

Humor is subjective.  If you didn't find it funny, that's fine.  My wife doesn't think I'm funny either.

If you look at it as anything more than an attempt at light-hearted humor, you're looking too hard.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: KellermanRA on August 25, 2016, 10:25:09 am

First and foremost, I have the utmost respect for Drew Morgan: both his accomplishments on the field and as a leader in the locker room.  If a post intended to be humorous offended him or anyone else, I certainly apologize.  That wasn't the intent.

The intent was to have some fun with what he was already having fun with -- the term "juice." 

Humor is subjective.  If you didn't find it funny, that's fine.  My wife doesn't think I'm funny either.

If you look at it as anything more than an attempt at light-hearted humor, you're looking too hard.

Stop it. You're messing up a perfectly good Hogville lynching.

kaki

I am about as tight azzed as anybody and old at that, but really don't see all the fuss.  Did not really find it that humorous, but as stated humor is very subjective, so I see little harm.   

ricepig

Peter Porker

Austin, I believe everyone knows the intent wasn't malicious.

Vantage 8 dude

August 25, 2016, 10:36:15 am #41 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:46:25 am by Vantage 8 dude

Well if you're indeed a former "Horn", at least for a time, you wouldn't be expected to understand about the reaction(s). And yes, you're wife certainly got this one right. You AIN'T funny in the least; so how about stop trying to be ??? >:(

Peter Porker

It does take "cajones" to come here and face the music. Admirable.

DiamondHogFan

Did you ask Drew if it would be okay to create the video BEFORE you created it?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: b501 on August 25, 2016, 09:34:31 am
the season needs to start already
So true. I was thirsting for football so bad last night that I watched "The Identity theft of Mitch Mustain". Just made me mad all over again.

The NewEra

I thought your post was childish and not at all well thought out.  You're an adult.  You should have thought it out instead of just trying to be funny.  Pull it down and do us all a favor. 

Cinco de Hogo

I've been Drews biggest fan on this board and it didn't brother me.  It was borderline funny, I'm not a Simpson fan at all.  Drew has his personna and it's a little quirky so for a media person to do an off take of that is not that strange in this day and time.

Lighten up Francis!

jkstock04

Quote from: factchecker on August 25, 2016, 10:11:24 am
I don't like it but if Drew thought it was funny it wouldn't have bothered me.   That's the problem though.... Drew didn't think it was funny he originally replied with an angry/upset emoji to the tweet.

Ahh, did not know that. Well then...still small potatoes in whole scheme of things but yes I agree was dumb.

I don't specifically know this kellerman guy (I see he chimed in), but what I do know are these kids coming up the ranks in our local radio/media are like nails on chalkboard to listen to. I would wager he is in this ilk as well. They sound like tech-ies that sit in front of a computer all day and never leave the house.

It's just awful young/media personality coming up the ranks. The high pitched nasal voices & Cali type accents are way too much for me to handle. It's just their culture and this is the kind of BS you are going to get from their generation.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jneal56

Who freaking cares?!?!? He's a college football player! I doubt it really bothers him at all. How much trash do you think DB's talk? If he can put up with that then this is nothing. People need to calm down geez! You people complaining are way too sensitive. No wonder why there are so many "wimpy whiney arses" in the world now. Nobody can do or say anything without someone saying "that hurts my fealings" or "even though it wasn't about me, I'm going to be butt hurt and have my feelings hurt and demand an apology, for them to resign or get fired, and paybme money for the stress it has caused me!"  Grow up and quit being weak little lemmings!!!!!
"At least we are moral"

jneal56

Furthermore, if you don't like it, don't watch it or read it or listen to it or tweeter it or whatever else there is....
"At least we are moral"