Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark vs Baylor 1981

Started by DeltaBoy, August 25, 2016, 08:20:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Freshman QB Brad Taylor Leads to Hogs over Baylor in a shootout.

Enjoy seeing our Kicker hit a 50 yard FG that would have been good at 60 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Sh_6gNImA&list=PLBAmfpFYrG9i_Ub-qa4Xg0hL1Hc3B-6dV&index=44
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoggusamoungus

I was there and think that game and the 1989 Houston game were the two most exciting games I've ever seen.  Both went back and forth for four quarters.

razorbrass

Was that the game our TE (can't remember his name - Mason maybe) left the field missing a few teeth after being lit up?  I remember seeing something fly out of his facemask on the hit.  Thought it might be pieces of his mouthpiece - turned out it was actually teeth.  I think he came back to catch the pass to put us in fg position to win the game.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

lutherheggs

Was at this game. Cannot recall what happened to Tom Jones at that point, 8 games into the season. Obviously, he was hurt so freshman Brad Taylor was at QB. 6-2 at this point with losses to TCU and Houston (in LR) and big win over #1 Texas 3 weeks before Baylor game. Beat Baylor and A&M then smoked in Fayetteville by SMU last game of the year. Of course, lost bowl game...to UNC, to finish season on 2 game losing streak.

Pretty typical Razorback season: 8-4 including bowl, 5-3 in conference, lost bowl game. Won a game no one though we could win and lost 1 or 2 that should have been W's, especially the TCU game that season. 4-2 at home that year.

Blasts from the past in this game: Van McElroy (or however his name is spelled), safety for Baylor. Didn't he go on to play in NFL?
And where are Brad Taylor and Jesse Clark now? Clark, and WR Gerald McMurray, had huge games vs Baylor.

How did Hogs hold Texas to virtually nothing 3 weeks earlier and allow Baylor to run all over the field and score 40 points? Crazy game.

DeltaBoy

I meet the Baylor QB on that team several times in the past few years. He is a fine Christian Man !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ghostzapper

One of the best performances by a freshman and a tight end of any class I've ever seen. (i.e. mason got his teeth knocked out and didn't miss a play)

Hog are ya

I was also at this game.  The main thing I remember was Jesse Clark scoring 5 touchdowns, (even though they were all from point blank range mostly).  I wasn't old enough to drive and went to the game with my Uncle, who is also a huge fan but I think that was one of the only games he ever attended.