Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your first and most recent Razorback game

Started by orvillesghost, August 24, 2016, 09:23:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

orvillesghost

I always get excited even after all these years when this time of year rolls around.

Just for the fun of it, what is the first Razorback game you ever attended in person and the most recent?

For me

Arkansas-Baylor, 1968
UTEP, 2015

tusksincolorado

1971 War Memorial Stadium Arkansas 31 Texas 7 in a rainstorm

2014 Reliant Stadium Arkansas 31 Texas 7

KARMA BABY!

Go HAWGS!   :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

raz96

Southern Cal. 1974, war memorial stadium, last year vs Toledo, expensive trip to see them lose that game
Desert redneck 😎

FreshHog

Sept. 27, 2014 vs aTm

Nov. 27, 2015 vs Mizzou.

Hit every game in between, and will be at every home game this year.

Jborohog09

2000 Missouri State, hotter than hell.
2016 Liberty Bowl which was a lot of fun.

BASSNHAWG

Sept. 18, 1971 vs Ok. St. in Fayetteville, my freshman year at the U of A.
Nov. 28, 2015 vs Mizzou in Fayetteville.
Many years and games in between as a season ticket holder.

Hogaholism

1964 vs Okie St...it was cold & icy...2015 vs Mizzou...it was cold & wet...both wins

rzrbackramsfan

2009 vs Georgia, had front row and painted up.  It was Greg childs vs aj green all day.

Last year against mississippi state

Hog Solo

First game was against Bama in the rain where Cedric popped his shoulder.  Last year was away from the state and missed them all, but last game at home was ole miss getting shut out and dominated in Fayetteville.

Sed76

First game I ever attended was against Miami in 1987 and the last was the Auburn game last season.

Dr. Starcs

Honestly the first I can remember was the '89 game in LR vs Houston. I was very young, but remember it well. Me and a million other fans.

Most recent was last years freezing rain Mizzou game. Me and 20,000 other fans.

sowmonella

1959 loss to Old Miss in Memphis.
2015 Auburn
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

bennyl08

First game I got to go to was 2004 vs Ole Miss.
Last game was MSU in 2012.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

AugustaHog

My first one was vs Miami in '87 as well.  I was only 3 and vaguely remember the whole deal.  My Dad thought I'd never like the Hogs after that beatdown.  No chance there, but it was probably an omen for the next 30 or so years.  It's not easy being a Hog fan but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'll be taking my 3 yr old to his first game at Auburn this year.  I'm hoping his first game will be a little better than mine.  Last game was UF in '13. 

WilsonHog

First: October of 1977. We beat one of Bill Yeoman's Houston teams 34-0 in War Memorial. They has a slick operator at quarterback named Danny Davis, who could really operate the veer offense, except against a Razorback defense manned by Dan Hampton, Jimmy Walker, Larry Jackson, and Dale White.

Most recent: Last December, in the Liberty Bowl. Had a great time on a beautiful afternoon for football.

YtownHog

greenie

Sept 17, 1977 - beat Oklahoma State in War Memorial, 28-6, Ben Cowins put it on 'em

2016 Liberty Bowl

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

fanofthehog

1982 SMU - ended in a tie I believe

2015 Mississippi State - freakin' blocked FG

The Kig

Sophomore in HS 1984, had watched many games on a grainy TV, barely able to make out the players.  Texas Tech in Little Rock.  We won, don't remember the score

Last game was BAMA game last season. Daughter goes to school there.  3rd row 40 yard line, right behind Hogs bench.  My money and my daughter go to Bama (Fayetteville was too far from Nashville for Moma), but my heart is always covered by a Hog.  We had them worried, I assure you.  Countered every punch, the wore put at the end....
Poker Porker

Amityvillehogger

1992 vs Georgia. Ugly

2015 vs Mississippi St. Swore we had that game won. Tried to get cute on 4th down. Momentum gone.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

razorbacker3

ImHogginIt

1978 Vanderbilt in Little Rock
2015 Auburn in Fayetteville

Season ticket holder all home games 1993-2011. Missed only 4 games
Next one I'll attend is Texas A&M 2016

hawginbigd1

1983 Monsoon game v. SMU, mom and dad made us leave at halftime, couldn't hardly see the game anyway it was raining so hard and we had good seats 0-17.

Last was the last Cotton Bowl v. KSU, me and the kids, great time! Course I worked all day and went to the game since the workplace was less than 2 miles away.

OnTheHillHogFan

I can't remember the first game but I know it was when Stoerner was playing. The last was Miss St 2016
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Huds_HawgTide

Mid ,90's against south Carolina and madre hill had five or six TDs...

Liberty bowl
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

goodguytex

1987 or 1988, in Fayetteville I believe vs Texas A&M. Last game was 2012 Alabama. Rained the whole game. Poor BA out there. I need to get to another game and get rid of that bad memory.

wikipedia brown

FANONTHEHILL

My key dates:
Born: March 20th, 1970
1st Hog Game: September 28th, 1974
Razorback Stadium, 60-0 over Tulsa
Last Game: January 2nd, 2016
Liberty Bowl, 45-23 over Kansas State

Best Game: Septmber 3rd, 2016
My son who redshirted in 2015 will run through the"A" at DWR Razorback Stadium for the first time.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

1st game: VS Ole Miss in War Memorial 2012. My brother was being recruited so we met John L Smith, Hunter Henry, Will Gragg and many other recruits. Went on the field also

Last Game: 2016 Liberty Bowl vs Kansas St. (My brother got in the K State QB's face and caused the interception at the end of the game!)  :razorback:
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hoggusamoungus

1st - 1967 vs Kansas State in LR

Last - 2016 vs Kansas State in Liberty Bowl

(Also attended 2012 Cotton Bowl vs Kansas State)

hamsam

October 1984 vs Texas Tech
November 2015 vs Ole Miss
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

ricepig

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on August 25, 2016, 06:54:15 am
1st - 1967 vs Kansas State in LR

Last - 2016 vs Kansas State in Liberty Bowl

(Also attended 2012 Cotton Bowl vs Kansas State)

Wow, those were my first and last games, too. Although I didn't go to the 2012 Cotton Bowl.

HogShat

My first game was the last time we played  ::hornsdown:: in the SWC at WMS in 1991. We won 14-13.

Last game was when we lost to ULM at WMS, which happened to be my sons first game.

goodguytex

August 25, 2016, 07:57:37 am #33 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:11:57 am by goodguytex
My first one was Arkansas/Aggie game in 1987 or 88. I can't remember if it was in Fayetteville or LR. Best memory I have with my Dad actually. One of them anyway.

Last game I went to was the Aggie/ Arkansas game in Fayetteville. In 2013.  That was a great game. And it could have gone either way. Went with one of my best friends. I need to get back up there to another one soon.

Mulberry Squeezins

August 25, 2016, 08:02:18 am #34 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:23:33 am by Mulberry Squeezins
1970 Tulsa  I was 8
2015 Mizzou

Side note:  I've never been to an A&M game that the hogs have lost. I've been to most every home game against them since 1970 including the 75 game in LR.  I missed the last two in Arlington and 2012 in Fayetteville. 

DeltaBoy

August 25, 2016, 08:04:50 am #35 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:28:04 am by DeltaBoy
Ark in LR vs Navy in 1984 Hogs rolled the Navy cause their Heisman Trophy nominated  RB Napoleon McCallum  did not play for Navy that night.
If is remember he was sick with the flu. 

Last game was Bobby's first year when the Hogs got killed in Austin against Texas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2016, 07:14:20 am
Wow, those were my first and last games, too. Although I didn't go to the 2012 Cotton Bowl.

That coincidence just mean we're getting old.  ;D

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 25, 2016, 08:02:18 am
1970 Tulsa
2015 Mizzou

Side note:  I've never been to an A&M game that the hogs have lost. I've been to most every home game against them since 1970 including the 75 game in LR.  I missed the last two in Arlington and 2012 in Fayetteville.

Buy tickets for next month please  :razorback:

lstewart

First was 1968, night game in Little Rock playing North Texas. I was 10, and had a buddy whose dad had a plane. We would fly to catch the hogs and UAM when one was playing afternoon and one was playing night. Had a cousin playing for UAM and played youth football with the UAM coaches son, so went to their games and practices. I think we hit Henderson State stadium that afternoon for the Weevils and Reddies. Remember walking into the War Memorial stadium with the game about to start and the lights on... it was the most people I had ever seen. Felt like 100,000 people there compared to the 2,000 or 3,000 I was used to. Now go to all Fayetteville games... am ready for La Tech!

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 25, 2016, 08:08:55 am
Buy tickets for next month please  :razorback:

I'm planning on going.  It's crazy.  I recently looked it up.  I didn't go to 71 in LR or the the last SWC game at Nam in 1990.  Bottom line is this.  We owned their ass in the SWC, we'll own it again. 

goodguytex

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 25, 2016, 08:02:18 am
1970 Tulsa
2015 Mizzou

2012 was in College Station where we got really destroyed. 2013 we played in Fayetteville, gave them a great game but lost in the 4th quarter. Then we went back to renew the series in Arlington for the 2014 season and have been playing there since.

GuvHog

My first one was in 1967, I believe, against Texas tech in WMS. I was around 12 years old and it seemed like it rained the whole game.

My last one was the last game at DWRRS in 2012. That was such a bad year that I don't remember the opponent.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: goodguytex on August 25, 2016, 08:14:06 am
2012 was in College Station where we got really destroyed. 2013 we played in Fayetteville, gave them a great game but lost in the 4th quarter. Then we went back to renew the series in Arlington for the 2014 season and have been playing there since.
OK, I just went back and looked, your right, it was 13.  71 played them in LR and Lost, didn't go.  I went to the games in 73 Fay, 75 LR, we played them again in LR is 76, lost, I didn't go, went to LR again in 78 w, We won every home game against them in the 80's, I did miss the 82 game in LR.  I went to the first two SW Classics in Arlington, haven't been back and I missed the 2013 game in Nam.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 25, 2016, 08:12:16 am
I'm planning on going.  It's crazy.  I recently looked it up.  I didn't go to 71 in LR or the the last SWC game at Nam in 1990.  Bottom line is this.  We owned their ass in the SWC, we'll own it again.

Last two in Arlington were heart breakers. Sucked watching aggie fans leave happy

hogrocker

First game-Texas Tech, 1978, Razorback Stadium.
Last game-Missouri, last year.

ATU HOG

2009- South Carolina
2015- Texas Tech

Had a good streak going in college where I didn't miss a home game for about 3+ years.  Ended in 2013, and cranked it back up only to miss more games this past season.  One day when I get my feet under me a little more I'll hopefully have season tickets and won't ever miss a game.  Woo Pig

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 25, 2016, 08:23:40 am
Last two in Arlington were heart breakers. Sucked watching aggie fans leave happy

I tell you what sucks.  It's this preconceived notion that the SWC was all bout A&M and Tejas.  The fact is we owned A&M while we were in that conference, in fact, the SWC Champ was more often than not the winner of the Tejas v Ark game.  Granted, it was usually the horns, but still. 

Laughing Hog

First was in WMS mid to late 60's don't remember the team we clobbered, but I'm sure we did clobber them. Last was against the Gumps at Tuscaloosa a few years ago.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

staffhog

First:  SMU 1956   - we beat em

Last:  Mississippi St  - 2015  we beat em  except score.

Anyway, 60 year Hog fan.

goodguytex

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 25, 2016, 08:21:16 am
  OK, I just went back and looked, your right, it was 13.  71 played them in LR and Lost, didn't go.  I went to the games in 73 Fay, 75 LR, we played them again in LR is 76, lost, I didn't go, went to LR again in 78 w, We won every home game against them in the 80's, I did miss the 82 game in LR.  I went to the first two SW Classics in Arlington, haven't been back and I missed the 2013 game in Nam.
That game in 13 was actually a really great game. BA had been hurt going back to before the Rutgers game. Derby I believe had been the backup QB and many believed up until if I recall the week before the game BA might not be healthy enough.

He was still sore and hurt, but he got in there, and played, and performed really fantastic. Played with a ton of guts. But Arkansas defense just didn't have enough to stop Manziel and their run game. But it was a good game.