Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Peavey Transfer?

Started by Hogs33, August 23, 2016, 03:56:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Rafe has been an outstanding representative of the UofA.  I want him to do whatever he feels is best for him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Biggus Piggus

Now that Rafe is transferring, everything that everybody ever said bad about him is true.
[CENSORED]!

RaisinHog

Quote from: Hogs run wild on August 23, 2016, 06:03:33 pm
Georgia just got a grad transfer from bama. Wonder if a certain degree being offered @ Georgia was required.

Yes and Satan had to release him to go there ..

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Wildhog on August 23, 2016, 06:09:35 pm
Rafe has been an outstanding representative of the UofA.  I want him to do whatever he feels is best for him.

I wish him the same and if he gets to play I will be rooting for him to do well

98hogs

Best of luck to Rafe no matter where he goes, unless he plays against the Hogs.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: AP85 on August 23, 2016, 04:50:04 pm

Thanks coach.

Now that's funny !  You seem to be the one naming future starting QB's, & who is irrelevant, not me.   :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

RME

Has no one suggested he stay and just change positions?

Man, Hogville is slacking today.

JoeyCapital

This.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

longpig

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 23, 2016, 05:07:07 pm
They are quoting ebola, so let's wait to see. He is known for tabloid style reports.

He probably got it off Hogville.
Don't be scared, be smart.

PonderinHog

Somewhere in a bar on Dickson, Three and Snout is saying, "I called that transfer, brother!"

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hogs run wild on August 23, 2016, 06:03:33 pm
Georgia just got a grad transfer from bama. Wonder if a certain degree being offered @ Georgia was required.
The student has to say they want a grad degree that the new school has that the old school doesn't offer. And the only reason Bama let him go to Georgia is because it made the national media and made Bama look bad for not letting a "poor little kid follow his dreams"

Sivad

Quote from: a0ashle on August 23, 2016, 04:04:45 pm
If true, CBB is the type to help him land somewhere fitting.
No doubt, and we wish him the best whatever his decision.

PonderinHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 23, 2016, 07:00:00 pm
The student has to say they want a grad degree that the new school has that the old school doesn't offer. And the only reason Bama let him go to Georgia is because it made the national media and made Bama look bad for not letting a "poor little kid follow his dreams"
Serious question.  If that first sentence is true, how did we get Raulerson?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AP85 on August 23, 2016, 04:32:30 pm
Dude is always uptight. You would think that taking the same picture of the same rock over and over for his avatar would help keep him calm.

Wrong grasshopper. I've only used that avatar twice in about six years. Not uptight. I just prefer people let players do what is best for them and not interject their own feelings since they do not know anything about them and their situation unless they are family. You simply interpreted his post differently than I did. No problem with that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

My exact sentiments!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 23, 2016, 07:05:49 pm
Serious question.  If that first sentence is true, how did we get Raulerson?
Serious answer. He's getting an MBA here.

http://gridironnow.com/jake-raulerson-arkansas-texas/

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/ncaa-transfer-exceptions.htm

Doesn't appear to be quite that clean cut but it's apparently the spirit of the rule

hog.goblin

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2016, 04:35:13 pm
Unless of course CBB signs papers asking the NCAA to allow him to be immediately eligible at the school he chooses to transfer to like the former HC at Southern Cal did for a back that Transferred to Arkansas some years back.

Incorrect.  He is only immediately eligible if he steps down to FCS or qualifies for a hardship

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 23, 2016, 04:55:25 pm
Agreed, that was a candidate for dumbest post of the year. It's a message board.....it's what you do.

Your opinion is about as dumb or important as mine then. Obviously I know it's a message board since I have thousands of more posts than you. I simply don't think fans should suggest or tell players what they should do even if in an indirect way.

AirWarren

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 23, 2016, 07:10:46 pm
Wrong grasshopper. I've only used that avatar twice in about six years. Not uptight. I just prefer people let players do what is best for them and not interject their own feelings since they do not know anything about them and their situation unless they are family. You simply interpreted his post differently than I did. No problem with that.

Ok. Same avatar near the same type of rock.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 23, 2016, 07:22:58 pm
Your opinion is about as dumb or important as mine then. Obviously I know it's a message board since I have thousands of more posts than you. I simply don't think fans should suggest or tell players what they should do even if in an indirect way.

Rafe needs to continue to keep his body clean from alcohol and recreational drugs, so he can continue his dreams of playing collegiate ball.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 23, 2016, 04:38:17 pm
As I heard the guys on Drive Time explain it, Peavey plans to graduate this year. He could then transfer the same way as Raulerson, play immediately and have 2 years.
This would be great insurance for the Hogs if something were to happen to AA. Few question the fact that RP has the best grasp of the offense (aside from AA). If, God forbid, something did happen, then I would feel much more comfortable knowing that Rafe would be there if called upon. The #2 spot is much more fluid than the starter, and RP is still not 100%. I'm still not convinced that CBB and Enos intend for CK to play this year, tho he clearly looks like the heir apparent. Hes still a true freshman. Just don't see it happening.

If transferring now is the best thing for Rafe, then he needs to go ahead and pull the trigger. I sure will be sad to see him go, tho. He's a class act, and I think, given the chance, he could be an excellent QB. I've always hoped that would happen in a Hog jersey, but I'll root for him wherever he goes.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: RaisinHog on August 23, 2016, 06:10:30 pm
Yes and Satan had to release him to go there ..

Yes, but not until a media backlash caused the SEC front office to step in. If Satan's original ruling had stood, the kid would not have been able to transfer.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

ricepig

Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on August 23, 2016, 07:40:47 pm
Yes, but not until a media backlash caused the SEC front office to step in. If Satan's original ruling had stood, the kid would not have been able to transfer.

The player was eligible to transfer, but you are supposed to have 2 years of eligibility to transfer within the conference on a grad transfer. Smith only has 1 year of eligibility left. Something that most aren't aware of, if a grad transfer doesn't graduate with him grad degree, the school is unable to take another one for a period of time.

PonderinHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 23, 2016, 07:13:26 pm
Serious answer. He's getting an MBA here.

http://gridironnow.com/jake-raulerson-arkansas-texas/

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/ncaa-transfer-exceptions.htm

Doesn't appear to be quite that clean cut but it's apparently the spirit of the rule
I just assumed  ::hornsdown:: had an MBA program.  Is the Walton School sufficiently unique to get around that?  A little bit confusing.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 23, 2016, 06:00:08 pm
Ebola. It spreads around and screws up everything
dude is awful.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 23, 2016, 07:58:13 pm
I just assumed  ::hornsdown:: had an MBA program.  Is the Walton School sufficiently unique to get around that?  A little bit confusing.

They have a higher rated MBA program than our, McCoombs School of Business.  I think all his choices were MBA programs rated above the Walton MBA.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AP85 on August 23, 2016, 07:32:45 pm
Ok. Same avatar near the same type of rock.

The Ozark's have a lot of rocks. I love backpacking and have done so all over the Ozarks. I was in OHTA and know Tim Ernst the founder and one of the best professional landscape photographers in this part of the country.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2016, 08:06:25 pm
They have a higher rated MBA program than our, McCoombs School of Business.  I think all his choices were MBA programs rated above the Walton MBA.
isn't it an SEC rule anyway (the 2 year rule)? In Raulerson's case, he has 2 years remaining.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Boardon Hamsay

Regardless of what happens, I wish Rafe the very best. I can definitely understand wanting to get playing time while the window is open.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

ricepig

swineology

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on August 23, 2016, 08:11:53 pm
Regardless of what happens, I wish Rafe the very best. I can definitely understand wanting to get playing time while the window is open.

And the Rafer's for QB over AA come out..

Only on Hogville

LOLOL

Augustus

It looks to be official now? the link requires $$$ subscription

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/768255479457865728

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ricepig

Augustus

BigSexyHog

Sad thing is we have posters celebrating and pounding their chest that he is leaving the program.   I however am not one of them. Best of luck to you RP.  Thanks for being a hog and being part of the program.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Augustus

So what does this do our scholarship allotment?

Can we sign 26 kids this year? as long as we stay within 85 total?

ricepig

Quote from: Augustus on August 23, 2016, 08:38:15 pm
So what does this do our scholarship allotment?

Can we sign 26 kids this year? as long as we stay within 85 total?

This only effects the 85 number.

tophawg19

i am disappointed that this wasn't broke through the U OF A . Although i do feel like it's possible that the U OF A may have suggested the move . Ihate to see this stuff broken by sources
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

WilsonHog

My take is simple: good luck to Rafe.

The danger in getting emotionally invested in any one player is that it becomes personal. It's not personal, it's business.

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 23, 2016, 08:40:27 pm
i am disappointed that this wasn't broke through the U OF A . Although i do feel like it's possible that the U OF A may have suggested the move . Ihate to see this stuff broken by sources

Rafe was the source.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 23, 2016, 08:34:58 pm
Sad thing is we have posters celebrating and pounding their chest that he is leaving the program.   I however am not one of them. Best of luck to you RP.  Thanks for being a hog and being part of the program.

I'll grant you that I haven't read the entire thread in detail, but of what I have seen I haven't seen anyone "celebrating or pounding their chests" about him leaving the program. What I have seen far more of is best wishes for future success at his new home. And that is exactly how it should be.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogfan46

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 23, 2016, 08:40:27 pm

The source was directly from Rafe. Can't get anymore pure than that.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

supersaint

Good luck to Rafe.
His dad taught me to deep snap a long time ago. He had giant calves.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

sickboy

Quote from: Hogfan46 on August 23, 2016, 08:46:01 pm
The source was directly from Rafe. Can't get anymore pure than that.

Also -- transfers are never broken by the schools. They're always broken via scuttlebutt. Think about how hard it would be for Arkansas to keep SMU quiet on its end about what's going on. If someone at SMU wanted to get their fanbase/recruits excited that they were about to score a former 4* QB from an SEC school... how's Arkansas going to stop them from going to the media?

RME

Quote from: go hogues on August 23, 2016, 08:50:12 pm
Convert to SMU fans ::smiley face::?

Really?

That part should have been nixed before hitting send.

Pardon my insensitivity, but leave it to some moron to be offended by that statement.

Jesus, let the kid be and learn to take a passing joke.

tophawg19

leaves me to wonder if this was his choice , a coaches suggestion , or just a mutual parting of ways .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Boarmonger

I can't say that I've seen any evidence of him being mistreated.  Seems to me he just got beat out.

Good luck Rafe.  Knock em dead in Dallas!