Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Peavey Transfer?

Started by Hogs33, August 23, 2016, 03:56:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

I hate to see this - Rafe was all Hog and you hate to see a kid like that leave the program.
Hope he has a great career at SMU and best of luck to him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Porked Tongue

Peavey personally has never been a problem.  Stand up kid from the beginning.

His family and over the top supporters stained him a bit though.

This was a simple case of being beaten out and not just by AA.  He's taken the high ground and I wish him well at SMU.

However, I do expect some moaning and crap to continue to come from some of his supporters.  I'll be ignoring that.

Bring on the season.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 23, 2016, 09:00:36 pm
Peavey personally has never been a problem.  Stand up kid from the beginning.

His family and over the top supporters stained him a bit though.

This was a simple case of being beaten out and not just by AA.  He's taken the high ground and I wish him well at SMU.

However, I do expect some moaning and crap to continue to come from some of his supporters.  I'll be ignoring that.

Bring on the season.

I don't understand the QB camp followers. I want whomever the coaches want, put Scoota back there if it means we win.

Lake City Hog

Rick made a comment on Drive Time about Peavey possibly transferring this year and it concerned Rafe attending any classes this week. If he attended any class that would count as this year and he would have to sit out a year. He would then only have 1 year of eligibility.
But, if he failed to go to any classes he could enroll at SMU and use this year to sit out. He would then have 2 years left.
Does anyone here know if that is correct?

He suggested that he would probably stay here and graduate and then transfer like Raulerson.

bkjbearcat

I hate to see him go. But go where you think you'll play. I honestly thought it would be Kansas or even K State would be his transfer destination.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Porked Tongue

Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2016, 09:03:00 pm
I don't understand the QB camp followers. I want whomever the coaches want, put Scoota back there if it means we win.
I'm with you. I do get there is often a personal family tie or allegiance but for most it just seems like MMQB'g at it's zenith.   Especially when virtually none of us have seen these kids up close at this stage.

Porked Tongue

He did not attend any classes this semester.

hog.goblin

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 23, 2016, 08:34:58 pm
Sad thing is we have posters celebrating and pounding their chest that he is leaving the program.   I however am not one of them. Best of luck to you RP.  Thanks for being a hog and being part of the program.

We do?  Haven't seen that at all unless it's already been deleted

Lake City Hog

Porked, Marcus Elliot mentioned today that we have another Allen handed the job with no competition. I find it hard to believe that anyone with any common sense at all would know that ANY head coach would play the players that give them the best chance to win games.

Who would have ever thought that BB would be seriously considering making a true freshman the #2 guy? I would think that he feels like this kid could win a game if called on.

factchecker

Quote from: Boarmonger on August 23, 2016, 08:58:17 pm
I can't say that I've seen any evidence of him being mistreated.

Agreed.  This is mistreated: Your truck burned. Sister harassed on social media for sticking up for you. Death threats via social media and let's not forget having horrible darn said about you on the radio.  Did that happen to Rafe?  Nope.... it happened to Brandon.

If there was anyone who should have transferred for being treated poorly it's both of the Allen brothers.  I wouldn't have stayed after seeing my brother go through that mess.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 23, 2016, 09:09:10 pm
Porked, Marcus Elliot mentioned today that we have another Allen handed the job with no competition.

Has Marcus ever gone to any of the spring or fall camp practices?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hog.goblin

Porked, Marcus Elliot mentioned today that we have another Allen handed the job with no competition. I find it hard to believe that anyone with any common sense at all would know that ANY head coach would play the players that give them the best chance to win games.

Who would have ever thought that BB would be seriously considering making a true freshman the #2 guy? I would think that he feels like this kid could win a game if called on.

I think you are right, Marcus has no common sense

Hogs run wild

Porked, Marcus Elliot mentioned today that we have another Allen handed the job with no competition.
i know he's an ex-hog, but this is just plain stupid.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Porked Tongue

I immediately dismiss these type of comments and those that make them.

As you said, it's silly to think cronyism would exist here.  Only the worst conspiracy theorists go this route.  Too much money involved to think differently.

Personally, I think the QB options of the past few years have made the choices relatively easy for the staff.  Kelley is the first one to seeming upset the apple cart.  The competition is there due to an overall talent increase at the position.  I see that as a good thing.  Peavey can play but he simply got beat out here.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 23, 2016, 09:06:18 pm
He did not attend any classes this semester.

No wonder he's transferring, on Bielema's poop list for not going.................

factchecker

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 23, 2016, 09:16:07 pm
I think you are right, Marcus has no common sense

He also made some pretty classless comments about Tevin Mitchell before the 2014 season.  He said that Tevin played weak ever since he broke his neck.  Also made a guarantee that Tevin would amount to nothing in his time as a Razorback.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

phadedhawg

That's too bad for us but hopefully good for him.  I'd like to think he had better options than SMU.  Maybe he has a family connection in Dallas.  But from the way his message read, God spoke to him and moved him to SMU.  That's totally believable because I've been thoroughly convinced God is not a Razorback fan lol

The Boar War

Quote from: Hogs run wild on August 23, 2016, 09:16:17 pm
i know he's an ex-hog, but this is just plain stupid.

What he said is that he believed Austin had won the job but that the staff should have an ongoing competition throughout fall camp and practices.  He thinks that they named the starter too early.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2016, 09:19:20 pm
No wonder he's transferring, on Bielema's poop list for not going.................
Solid effort.

factchecker

Quote from: phadedhawg on August 23, 2016, 09:23:24 pm
That's too bad for us but hopefully good for him.  I'd like to think he had better options than SMU.  Maybe he has a family connection in Dallas.  But from the way his message read, God spoke to him and moved him to SMU.  That's totally believable because I've been thoroughly convinced God is not a Razorback fan lol

I must admit that SMU, despite my past hatred from the SWC days, is a great school.  Great academics in a fun city and their football program is getting better under Chad Morris.  Plus, Morris' system fits Peavey.  Good luck Rafe.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bphi11ips

Quote from: hoglady on August 23, 2016, 08:59:27 pm
I hate to see this - Rafe was all Hog and you hate to see a kid like that leave the program.
Hope he has a great career at SMU and best of luck to him.

Can't blame him if he wants to play. You can't swing a dead cat in the Razorbacks locker room without hitting a QB.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Boar War on August 23, 2016, 09:26:59 pm
What he said is that he believed Austin had won the job but that the staff should have an ongoing competition throughout fall camp and practices.  He thinks that they named the starter too early.

When he becomes a college head coach then I'll trust his judgement on that. Not before then.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawgrunner

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 23, 2016, 09:35:16 pm
Can't blame him if he wants to play. You can't swing a dead cat in the Razorbacks locker room without hitting a QB.

Good one. It does appear to be a bumper crop. Kind of like a vineyard. Lots of grapes but until the wine bottle is opened we don't know if it's a good vintage or not.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Deep Shoat

prj incoming in 3...2...1....
All Gas, No Brakes!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Boar War on August 23, 2016, 09:26:59 pm

Until he becomes a college head coach I'll trust the real coaches instead of him.

Jborohog09

Quote from: factchecker on August 23, 2016, 09:29:14 pm
I must admit that SMU, despite my past hatred from the SWC days, is a great school.  Great academics in a fun city and their football program is getting better under Chad Morris.  Plus, Morris' system fits Peavey.  Good luck Rafe.

Yea he'll thrive in that offense.  Best of luck to him! 

hawginbigd1

Best of luck RP! I will be watching for you at SMU, I might even come watch you play! Woo Pig!

I said it in December that most likely a QB would leave, I just figured it was at the end of spring! And many were no way blah blah blah.

Nosboar Accubond

TheRazorback500

Good luck to ya RP. God bless.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

PonderinHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 23, 2016, 09:35:16 pm
It seemed inevitable to me that one or more of these cats would transfer, once the lead dog was established.  Players wanna play.

Best of luck to Rafe.  Hope he does well down there.

I do not personally know any of the Qbs but fully expect at least 1 more to transfer.  All these Guys have reasonable expectations of being the starter somewhere and if not here then where?  Don't blame Rafe.  Seems like a standup Guy to me and I hope he gets to start where ever he goes.

I do hate the timing, much like 2013 when we lost the #2 late in the practices and ended up with Derby who hadn't got to practice much. 

For the record, I felt the starter, AA, was chosen much too soon.  That is just my opinion. 

RME

Quote from: 12247 on August 23, 2016, 10:01:32 pm
I do not personally know any of the Qbs but fully expect at least 1 more to transfer.  All these Guys have reasonable expectations of being the starter somewhere and if not here then where?  Don't blame Rafe.  Seems like a standup Guy to me and I hope he gets to start where ever he goes.

I do hate the timing, much like 2013 when we lost the #2 late in the practices and ended up with Derby who hadn't got to practice much. 

For the record, I felt the starter, AA, was chosen much too soon.  That is just my opinion.

So to you, the quotes and pressers by the coaches that say how clear-cut it is that he's entrenched at #1 and how it's a struggle to find a #2 behind him, means that he was chosen too soon?

Not to mention his performances in the scrimmages compared to the other guys.

Deep Shoat

Duly noted and maliciously discarded...
All Gas, No Brakes!

factchecker

Which is fine but Peavey isn't leaving because he wasn't named the starter..... he's leaving because he was losing his hold of the #2 and possibly #3 position.

Here is a list of our current QBs... no clue on current depth:

1. Austin Allen - JR
2. Ty Storey - RS FR
3. Cole Kelley - FR
4. Ricky Town - RS FR
5. Carson Proctor - FR (walk-on)
6. Jack Lindsey - FR (walk-on)

Cole Kelley is rising up that list fast.  It wouldn't surprise me to see him named the #2 although I believe we will TRY to redshirt him.  It won't be long before someone claims that Kelley is a distant relative of the Allen's.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JIHawg

When the freshman QB showed up, the writing was on the wall.  He made the best decision for himself.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

dmaxfan

Just to play devils advocate, if you guys remember 2013 against rutgers, bielema had a backup qb A.j. derby in that he didn't trust to throw. (Was close to his family) My question was how bad do the backups have to be if a guy, you don't trust to throw is 2nd string?
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

factchecker

Quote from: factchecker on August 23, 2016, 10:09:00 pm
1. Austin Allen - JR
2. Ty Storey - RS FR
3. Cole Kelley - FR
4. Ricky Town - RS FR
5. Carson Proctor - FR (walk-on)
6. Jack Lindsey - FR (walk-on)

Something else to consider.  Aside from Austin most of our quarterbacks are of a larger frame.  Our 2017 commit: Daulton Hyatt is 6'4".  I think that Coach Enos has a prototype for the quarterback he wants at Arkansas.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: dmaxfan on August 23, 2016, 10:11:56 pm
Just to play devils advocate, if you guys remember 2013 against rutgers,

I don't see Storey, Kelley, or Town making a better tight end than quarterback.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Inhogswetrust

Seems to be a lot of QB experts in here........not to mention coaching decision experts.

factchecker

Just to play devils advocate, if you guys remember 2013 against rutgers, bielema had a backup qb A.j. derby in that he didn't trust to throw. (Was close to his family) My question was how bad do the backups have to be if a guy, you don't trust to throw is 2nd string?

We had four QBs on that roster after Brandon Mitchell transfered to NC State.  Austin Allen was a true freshman and we didn't want to burn his redshirt.  Duwop was also a true freshman that we redshirted.  Derby was the only one left.

Compare that to today's situation.  Kelley is the only possible redshirt.  Storey and Town were both highly recruited but still need to improve to get playing time here.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

dmaxfan

Quote from: factchecker on August 23, 2016, 10:15:20 pm
I don't see Storey, Kelley, or Town making a better tight end than quarterback.

Reread. I posted before I finished.

factchecker

Quote from: dmaxfan on August 23, 2016, 10:20:03 pm
Reread. I posted before I finished.

Just did.... check the quarterback roster then and now.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SDZ_Hog

2013 had Brandon, Austin as a true frosh who we wanted to red shirt and AJ.  So basically AJ and Brandon going into Rutgers.  Things would have to really get bad to equal that depth. 

root_hawg

Best of luck to him but I said when he signed that he wouldn't ever see the field.  Hate he wasted some of his time here, great kid but not a big time div 1 QB

The Boar War

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 23, 2016, 09:45:24 pm
Until he becomes a college head coach I'll trust the real coaches instead of him.

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 23, 2016, 09:39:03 pm
When he becomes a college head coach then I'll trust his judgement on that. Not before then.

Somebody ask you to trust him?

dmaxfan

Quote from: factchecker on August 23, 2016, 10:19:37 pm
We had four QBs on that roster after Brandon Mitchell transfered to NC State.  Austin Allen was a true freshman and we didn't want to burn his redshirt.  Duwop was also a true freshman that we redshirted.

Compare that to today's situation.  Kelley is the only possible redshirt.  Storey and Town were both highly recruited but still need to improve to get playing time here.

Nevermind. Answered my own question

go hogues

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 23, 2016, 08:52:54 pm
Pardon my insensitivity, but leave it to some moron to be offended by that statement.

Jesus, let the kid be and learn to take a passing joke.
Not offended by it at all. It's just not needed in a statement like that. It's not witty either.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

bphi11ips

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 23, 2016, 09:55:20 pm
It seemed inevitable to me that one or more of these cats would transfer, once the lead dog was established.  Players wanna play.

Best of luck to Rafe.  Hope he does well down there.

Same here.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.