Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Anyone Notice...

Started by NaturalStateReb, August 23, 2016, 02:21:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

August 23, 2016, 02:21:11 pm Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:59:01 pm by NaturalStateReb
That Wally Hall more or less referred to Little Rock as a road game?  GSD aside, I thought he'd be the last one to be singing that song.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

DeltaBoy

Golly Wally Hall can't even carry Orval Henry's Press Pass .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

26.2Hog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 23, 2016, 02:21:11 pm
That Wally Hall more or less referred to Little Rock as a home game?  GSD aside, I thought he'd be the last one to be singing that song.

Huh?

Wally has written more than one column how WMS has always been home for the Hogs, great tradition there, how he used to climb a tree as a kid and peer into the stadium to watch games, blah, blah, blah.

NaturalStateReb

Well, I'm embarrassed.

Meant to say a road game, not a home game.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

sickboy

August 23, 2016, 04:07:55 pm #4 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:44:12 pm by sickboy
I love games in Little Rock. Attended my first Hog game there as a child. Grew up going to them all the time and they hold a special place in my nostalgic heart.

However, I'd be just as glad to get rid of all the games in Little Rock at this point -- just so I don't have to hear two factions of the fanbase bicker like drunk midgets with a Napoleon complex over who's micro-regional pecker is bigger.

Sed76

Quote from: sickboy on August 23, 2016, 04:07:55 pm
I love games in Little Rock. Attended my first Hog game there as a child. Grew up going to them all the time and they hold a special place in my nostalgic heart.

However, I'd be just as glad to get rid of all the games in Little Rock at this point -- just so I don't have to hear two factions of the fanbase bicker like drunk midgets with a Napoleon complex over who's miro-regional pecker is bigger.

This is the greatest post ever when it comes to the GSD.

theFlyingHog

Little Rock games against a solid opponent are really something special. An amazing experience. But the fight is over. Little Rock is done for, we're just waiting for the Doc to pull the plug

Hog N Bama

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 23, 2016, 04:28:19 pm
Little Rock games against a solid opponent are really something special. An amazing experience. But the fight is over. Little Rock is done for, we're just waiting for the Doc to pull the plug
I'm willing to help pull it!

buldozer

The NWA wine and cheese crowd already pulled the plug......

RME