Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good practice update for today

Started by Lake City Hog, August 16, 2016, 07:35:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 16, 2016, 08:17:31 pm
Hmmmm RW3 banged up?

that's quite an assumption from that limited info.

rwiii probably just knows the offense better and they are keeping his reps lower for precautionary reasons.

Hawgar The Horrible

Hmmmm RW3 banged up?

Giving more reps in effort to develop depth suggests someone is banged up?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hogs run wild

drew morgan making people look silly
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Bacon_Bitz

Another article from today's practice is full of RWIII quotes about the o-line. He's not banged up.

supersaint

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on August 16, 2016, 08:33:45 pm
Another article from today's practice is full of RWIII quotes about the o-line. He's not banged up.

Link?
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

AirWarren

TheRazorback500

Merrick and the OL seem to be developing nicely. Pulley adding depth in the defensive backfield. Nice to see Duwop involved.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on August 16, 2016, 08:27:58 pm
that's quite an assumption from that limited info.

rwiii probably just knows the offense better and they are keeping his reps lower for precautionary reasons.
It was a question based on RW3 really can't be considered a veteran, and the article basically said Duwop and Devwah got all the reps. It certainly isn't because Duwop suddenly jumped him on the depth chart. I mean I fail to see how this could be considered a stretch

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 16, 2016, 08:28:55 pm
Giving more reps in effort to develop depth suggests someone is banged up?

Agreed with you and the post above yours. With Walker's injury still vulnerable to flare ups moving forward, the coaches need to quickly develop a three deep for the what may be repeated instances of him being unavailable or less than healthy enough to be effective. Whaley is a no brainer for reps and Mitchell is apparently the most likely next candidate with Hammonds out for an what may be an unknown amount of time. (It may well be that they decide that it would be best to redshirt him if he is unavailable to practice for several weeks and additional injuries don't force their hand.)   
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

CFB_Fanatic

Yikes. Defense giving up multiple big plays. Wont be surprised if we see the same defense this year as last

RME

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 17, 2016, 01:20:57 am
Yikes. Defense giving up multiple big plays. Wont be surprised if we see the same defense this year as last

iiiiit's oooooone praaaaaaaactice

870hogfan

Okay? In one practice???

Arkamedes

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 16, 2016, 10:21:37 pm
It was a question based on RW3 really can't be considered a veteran, and the article basically said Duwop and Devwah got all the reps. It certainly isn't because Duwop suddenly jumped him on the depth chart. I mean I fail to see how this could be considered a stretch

I wouldn't necessarily consider it a stretch either seeing as how it was a question and not a statement. However, I would lean more towards agreeing with HTH's explanation. Another possibility is that they're not going to rush RWIII back all at once after going nearly a year without any contact. If he was actually injured, I think they would have reported it with the other injuries. Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

sickboy

You're like a child who wanders into a movie and starts asking questions. You're out of your element.

longpig

I'll take your tickets.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Troll

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 16, 2016, 10:21:37 pm

CBB has a history of doing giving time off for players coming back from surgery. He has also given Hatcher time off during camp.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

The_Iceman

Keep in mind they are actually having to hold the defensive line back just so the offense can get plays off.

RebelW

You need to read more, and watch more after practice press conferences. Clueless people..

Arthur pigby sellers.

" You're out of your element Donnie"

Pork Twain

Quote from: sickboy on August 17, 2016, 01:46:49 am
You're like a child who wanders into a movie and starts asking questions. You're out of your element.
See far too much of that on here
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawgzinbowlz

"Running with the first team offensive line throughout practice was Dan Skipper, Hjalte Froholdt, Frank Ragnow, Jalen Merrick and Jake Raulerson. The crew was making its presence known all day at the line of scrimmage providing huge holes for the running backs during short yardage situations."

It appears that the starters are emerging. The above 5 are very solid...along with their backups.

How fast they gel is my only concern...the talent level is in place.

" GO HOGS "

Pig in the Pokey

Hmmmm RW3 banged up?
RW3 is 2nd team seems more likely....

He is decent and I'm real glad he's back, but, his efficiency last year was just plain poor. I really hope he improves but his ceiling is in no way close to Devwah's. We should all be hoping that he is ready to go week 1 and we can use RW3 as a change of pace guy.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on August 17, 2016, 08:02:26 am
"Running with the first team offensive line throughout practice was Dan Skipper, Hjalte Froholdt, Frank Ragnow, Jalen Merrick and Jake Raulerson. The crew was making its presence known all day at the line of scrimmage providing huge holes for the running backs during short yardage situations."

It appears that the starters are emerging. The above 5 are very solid...along with their backups.

How fast they gel is my only concern...the talent level is in place.

" GO HOGS "

Speaking of the OL, anyone have a depth chart of ours?

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 17, 2016, 08:06:12 am

He is decent and I'm real glad he's back, but, his efficiency last year was just plain poor. I really hope he improves but his ceiling is in no way close to Devwah's. We should all be hoping that he is ready to go week 1 and we can use RW3 as a change of pace guy.

Huh?

razorsharptusk

Whaley is going to be a beast!  That's all.
GO HOGS!!

younghog

Quote from: factchecker on August 16, 2016, 09:39:18 pm
Not sure about article but here is a link to the interviews:

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/video-tuesday-post-practice-8-16-16

RWIII is above Keon's interview.

Heck I just love that the vids.. don't have commercials..

~APPRECIATE THE LINK
GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: razorsharptusk on August 17, 2016, 08:27:43 am
Whaley is going to be a beast!  That's all.

Yep, but RWIII will be the starter.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2016, 08:48:25 am

You think so?  They both won't line up back there?

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 17, 2016, 08:54:11 am
You think so?  They both won't line up back there?

Generally speaking, no. We go RB and either a fullback, H-back, or a TE back there. We aren't running the veer.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2016, 08:48:25 am
Starter is just a title in this offense.  It takes 2 or 3 to make it click.  I think our fall depth chart will say "OR" a lot, but RWIII will probably get the first offensive series if healthy.

I'm excited about the Williams/Whaley/Walker combo this year.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on August 17, 2016, 09:09:51 am
Starter is just a title in this offense.  It takes 2 or 3 to make it click.  I think our fall depth chart will say "OR" a lot, but RWIII will probably get the first offensive series if healthy.

I'm excited about the Williams/Whaley/Walker combo this year.

I suspect it will be 1A/1B/1C this year (Williams/Whaley/Walker) depending on who we're paying.

But I honestly expect to see more of 1A and 1B.
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on August 17, 2016, 09:09:51 am

I'm excited about the Walker/Whaley/Walker combo this year.

You already throwing Williams out??? I figure Whaley and Williams will get 75% of the carries by season's end by the RB's, assuming good health.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on August 17, 2016, 09:13:22 am
I suspect it will be 1A/1B/1C this year (Williams/Whaley/Walker) depending on who we're paying.

But I honestly expect to see more of 1A and 1B.

Don't confuse us with Auburn.   :D

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on August 17, 2016, 09:16:09 am
Don't confuse us with Auburn.   :D

You know, I went back and fixed what autocorrect goofed up and didn't see that one. I should sue Apple for the pain and suffering of their horrible autocorrect and just Siri.
This is my non-signature signature.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2016, 09:14:58 am
You already throwing Williams out??? I figure Whaley and Williams will get 75% of the carries by season's end by the RB's, assuming good health.
Haha...mistake on my part.  Obviously we don't have 2 Walkers.  I thought I got the edit in before anyone would notice...

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 17, 2016, 06:24:05 am
Keep in mind they are actually having to hold the defensive line back just so the offense can get plays off.

Yep, and I believe the QBs are wearing green "no contact" shirts too. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they take the restrains off of the defense for the final scrimmage but leave the "no contact" rule in place when it comes to the QBs to protect them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

trashcan maN

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 17, 2016, 08:06:12 am

Dude.

RWIII against SEC opponents:

TAMU - 8 carries - 46 yds - 4.6 YPC - 1 TD
@TENN- 14 carries - 100 yds - 7.1 YPC
BAMA - 5 carries - 10 yds - 2 YPC
Auburn - 4 carries - 18 yds - 4.5 ypc

Overall 5.6 YPC in SEC play.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 17, 2016, 01:28:56 pm
Dude.

RWIII against SEC opponents:

TAMU - 8 carries - 46 yds - 4.6 YPC - 1 TD
@TENN- 14 carries - 100 yds - 7.1 YPC
BAMA - 5 carries - 10 yds - 2 YPC
Auburn - 4 carries - 18 yds - 4.5 ypc

Overall 5.6 YPC in SEC play.
Point- trashcan maN   Glad somebody corrected that asinine post.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: RebelW on August 17, 2016, 06:28:01 am
You need to read more, and watch more after practice press conferences. Clueless people..

Ive read and kept up with nearly every practice. The media is feeding the same things they were last year: "The defense will be just fiiiiiiine."

Lol. Okay.

What did we do ALLLLLLL of last year?? Give up huge passing and running plays in the clutch. What did that practice report say?? Same thing.

Our LBs should (should) be much better, so that will help. But i think our CBs will be a liability again.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: sickboy on August 17, 2016, 01:46:49 am

You have a homosexual riding a unicorn as your sig pic. Im sure you dont watch football because of all the muscular guys in tight pants, right? Thats what you tell yourself at least.

You may go now

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Poppa Tart on August 17, 2016, 02:05:20 pm
Point- trashcan maN   Glad somebody corrected that asinine post.

RWIII's "efficiency" numbers were run down by the UTEP game last year, where he spent the fourth quarter repeatedly running into 8 and 9 man fronts. You take that game out, he had a great season. Which is basically what trashcan man pointed out, since he didn't get but one carry against Toledo and had just an ok game against TTU.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on August 18, 2016, 08:17:39 pm
RWIII's "efficiency" numbers were run down by the UTEP game last year, where he spent the fourth quarter repeatedly running into 8 and 9 man fronts. You take that game out, he had a great season. Which is basically what trashcan man pointed out, since he didn't get but one carry against Toledo and had just an ok game against TTU.
I was actually agreeing with t-man. The asinine post I was referring to was the one dogging RWIII's efficiency. I fully expect him to go for 1,000+ this year, so we are in agreement.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

AirWarren

Hmmmm RW3 banged up?

ITS PART OF THE GAME. FOOTBALL IS A CONTACT SPORT! QUIT BEING SO NEGATIVE.