Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama Football Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, February 05, 2016, 07:33:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

Quote from: jbcarol on February 05, 2016, 07:33:17 am
SEC Network ‏@SECNetwork 22h22 hours ago

For the ninth-straight year, Alabama finished with a top-3 class. http://bit.ly/23L17oa 

Same Crap differant class. Uncle Nick gets all he wants 99.9% of the time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/827930728155463680

QuoteEpps, the nation's No. 6 tight end from Dekaney High School (Houston), has reopened his recruitment but Alabama still remains his No. 1 school, his father Wisley told SEC Country. Epps' primary recruiter when he committed to Alabama was former defensive line coach Bo Davis. When Davis resigned, former wide receivers coach Billy Napier took over his recruitment. Epps didn't have any strong relationships with the staff after Napier left.

Epps said Michigan, Florida State, Ohio State and Texas were the schools he communicated with the most.

Crimson Tide signed two tight ends in the Class of 2017 in 4-star prospect Major Tennison and 3-star prospect Kedrick James, but Alabama has shown interest in several tight ends in the Class of 2018, including Epps and 4-star prospects Will Mallory, Tyneil Hopper and Mustapha Muhammad.

With the loss of Epps, Alabama is down to four commitments in the Class of 2018.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/842858198944169984

Quoteformer Alabama signee Kendell Jones cried after Alabama's 45-41 loss to Clemson in the College Football Playoff National Championship.

Known as "The Hulk," the Class of 2016 4-star defensive tackle failed to qualify when he signed with Nick Saban's Crimson Tide.

But the 6-foot-5, 380-pound Jones isn't giving up on his dream to enroll in Tuscaloosa.

"This was God's plan for me," Jones told SEC Country of enrolling at Copiah-Lincoln Community College. "I'm growing each day. I'm maturing each day. I'm here to make a difference for myself. I want to make sure that me not qualifying won't happen again.

"I just told myself that God put this detour in my life for a reason. Everyone in my life -- my parents, my siblings, my coaches and friends -- told me that I still can accomplish my goals here. This is just a year-and-a-half detour. It doesn't matter. I'm here so I can get somewhere where I want to accomplish my goals."

His goal is to sign with Alabama, though - according to the report - Fresno State, Oregon and Southern Miss have offered him.

"The comeback is real," Jones said. "I'm still truly in love with Alabama. Coach Saban called my coach at junior college the other day and told him how they don't want to lose me. I'm doing everything possible to stay in my books and still working out trying to lose weight."

Kendell Jones, from Killeen, Texas, gave his verbal commitment to play for the Crimson Tide in May of 2015...

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

'19 Hewitt-Trussville .95+ rated OT, Pierce Quick gave a verbal to Bama.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/856493699630583810

Taulia Tagovailoa and his family packed up their belongings from their home in Ewa Beach, Hawaii, and moved more than 4,000 miles to the small Alabama town of Alabaster in order to be closer to Tua, his older brother.

Taulia, a 2019 4-star quarterback at Thompson High School, is still adjusting to life on the mainland.

"The people here have been treating us very well."

- Tagovailoa

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/864105227829563392

QuoteCORDELE, Ga. — Quay Walker swore he would never visit Tuscaloosa again.

Walker, a 4-star linebacker from Crisp County High School, went to Alabama's game against Texas A&M this past season with his teammates Markaviest "Big Cat" Bryant and Jammie Robinson.

Bryant was the Crimson Tide's main focus out of the group on that Saturday because he was a highly coveted Class of 2017 prospect. The 4-star recruit, who ultimately signed with Auburn, had an offer from Alabama and was one of the team's top defensive line targets.

Even though Walker was an elite recruit himself at the time, the Alabama staff, he said, didn't pay him much attention.

"The first time I went to Tuscaloosa, I didn't like it," Walker told SEC Country. "I went with Big Cat, and it was all about him. I didn't have an offer at the time. I told my coach that I was never going back to Alabama. I was really upset about it. I really wanted that offer."

Fast forward seven months, and Alabama is in good position to land Walker's commitment...

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/864264143829970945

QuoteSixteen members of Alabama's signing class are already on campus and took part in spring practice. The rest are set to enroll later this month.

Crimson Tide coaching staff is optimistic that all of those remaining players are on track to qualify academically and that there won't be any that won't be able to enroll.

"That's a work in progress with a lot of guys," Saban said. "Nobody really qualifies until they graduate. But our assumption is that everybody's making the kind of progress that they need to make to be able to qualify."

Among the players scheduled to enroll later this month are five-star defensive end LaBryan Ray, four-star offensive tackle Jedrick Wills and others such as four-star wide receivers Devonta Smith and Henry Ruggs.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/869568920910532610

QuoteHow do you pronounce his first name?

"Fridge."

OK.

It's actually "Da-yah-vee," or at least the massive offensive lineman in the class of 2019 didn't correct that. Hammond, a four-star recruit ranked as the nation's No. 5 offensive guard and No. 108 overall prospect in the class o' '19...

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/888256663261597698

QuoteSome Alabama targets won't be in attendance. Jackson-Olin defensive lineman Coynis Miller is making his first trip to Florida. His coach Tim Vakakes said Miller may visit Alabama and Auburn next week.

Corona, Calif., five-star quarterback Tanner McKee said he wished he could have gone, but has practice with his team. Carterville, Ill., four-star tight end Luke Ford is visiting Michigan. All three remain priority targets for Alabama.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports Aug 7

ICYMI: Alabama lands commitment from sleeper OL Jarrett Bell

http://247sports.com/player/jarrett-bell-46047134

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports 5h5 hours ago

3-star Vernon Jackson comes in as the 11th commitment for Alabama's 2018 recruiting class http://trib.al/X0yZGQL

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on September 15, 2017, 07:57:29 pm

3-star Vernon Jackson comes in as the 11th commitment for Alabama's 2018 recruiting class http://trib.al/X0yZGQL

action_jackson™‏ @vjackkk

Blessed to say I have finally committed to Alabama #RTR #RollTide

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

16 players committed elsewhere, including 3 QBs, expected to visit Alabama on Saturday

QuoteNote: This is not an official list and, as always in recruiting, is subject to change at any minute.
Official visits

Emil Ekiyor, 4-star offensive guard/center (Indianapolis) — committed to Michigan

Targets committed elsewhere

Kelvin Joesph, 4-star safety (Baton Rouge, La.) — committed to LSU
    Damone Clark, 4-star linebacker (Baton Rouge, La.) — committed to LSU
    Emory Jones, 4-star quarterback (Franklin, Ga.)  — committed to Ohio State
    Jarren Williams, 4-star quarterback (Lawrenceville, Ga.) — committed to Kentucky
    Cameron Taylor, 3-star athlete (Montgomery, Ala.) — committed to Missouri
    James Foster, 3-star quarterback (Montgomery, Ala.) — committed to Missouri
    Jacob Copeland, 4-star wide receiver (Pensacola, Fla.) — committed to Florida
    Malik Heath, 4-star wide receiver (Callaway, Miss.) — committed to Mississippi State

...more

jbcarol

Five-star quarterback Justinhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK_IEJnW4AAF_xG.jpg Fields is taking an official visit to Alabama this weekend https://trib.al/Kk4LC6k

jbcarol

Bama flips 4-star Michigan recruit

Four-star offensive lineman Emil Ekiyor flipped his commitment from Michigan to the Crimson Tide on Sunday afternoon

QuoteIndianapolis Cathedral senior is the No. 2 center in the 247Sports composite of recruiting rankings.

Alabama now has the No. 24 recruiting class for the 2018 cycle...

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell
10h10 hours ago

Report: Alabama receives commitment from 2020 CB Javier Morton

jbcarol

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Nation's top JUCO cornerback commits to Alabama https://trib.al/DqHH2ZG

QuoteBama landed a big commitment Wednesday afternoon.

Former LSU cornerback Saivion Smith has committed to the Crimson Tide.

Smith is the nation's top-ranked junior college cornerback...

jbcarol

In-state, 3-star TE Michael Parker commits to Alabama

jbcarol

Reported that '18 4-star CB Josh Jobe Chesire Acatemy [CT] gave a verbal to Bama

jbcarol

jbcarol

3m3 minutes ago

Alabama signs versatile Louisiana player of the year, Slade Bolden: https://trib.al/iPUVLiH

jbcarol

Live updates Nick Saban on national signing day

Matt Zenitz‏Verified account @mzenitz
4h4 hours ago

Saban said Alabama can take 23 players in the 2018 class, so eight spots remain open. Fifteen players have signed so far today

jbcarol

Alabama lands commitment from Brendan Gant, nation's No. 8 safety for 2019

QuoteGant becomes the Tide's fifth commitment in the 2019 class, joining 5-star running back Trey Sanders, 4-star offensive linemen Deyavie Hammond and Pierce Quick, and 4-star linebacker King Mwikuta.

jbcarol

Alabama adds another Class of 2019 commitment

QuoteAlabama added another Class of 2019 commitment on Friday.

After landing four-star safety Brendan Gant on Thursday, the Crimson Tide got a commitment from four-star Mississippi athlete Brandon Turnage on Friday.

6-foot-1, 180-pound Turnage is the No. 9 athlete, No. 100 overall prospect and sixth-best prospect from Mississippi in the 2019 class.

This is Alabama's sixth commitment for its 2019 recruiting class, which is up to No. 2 in the 247 Composite 2019 team rankings.

jbcarol

Four-star DT commits to Alabama after passing on Texas A&M

QuoteAfter 14 players signed letters of intent and the Crimson Tide climbed to No. 6 in 247Sports' class rankings earlier this week, Alabama received a pledge from four-star defensive tackle Bobby Brown on Friday.

It was Brown's perogative to commit to Bama after backing away from A&M.

jbcarol

Alabama offers 8th-grade QB and son of Tennessee legend Tee Martin

QuoteKaden Martin -- the son of Tennessee national championship quarterback and Mobile native Tee Martin -- tweeted that he has received a scholarship offer from Alabama. Kaden Martin has not yet played in a high school game,

jbcarol

Forget about Tua and Jalen, what's next in Alabama quarterback recruiting?

QuoteAlabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa's scintillating performance in the national championship game clearly places the Crimson Tide's quarterback situation as the No. 1 storyline entering spring practice.

But what does Tua's emergence -- and the prospect of Jalen Hurts' having two more years of eligibility -- mean for Alabama's quarterback recruiting? And how will Brian Daboll's departure impact quarterback recruiting?

Alabama does not currently have a quarterback committed in the Class of 2018, although Sidney Lanier's James Foster has an Alabama offer. Arizona commit Jamarye Joiner, a 6-foot-3, 3-star prospect from Vail, Arizona, has scheduled a visit to Alabama later this month and expects to get an offer.

Alabama missed on Clemson signee Trevor Lawrence and Georgia signee Justin Fields, 2018's top two quarterbacks, and Saraland's Jack West picked Stanford over the Crimson Tide.

Crimson Tide needs to add quarterback in the 2018 signing class, with a thin roster with only three scholarship quarterbacks -- -- Hurts, Tagovailoa and Mac Jones, who was arrested for DUI in November.

Spain Park's Braxton Barker -- the son of legendary Bama quarterback Jay Barker -- has been offered a preferred walk-on spot. He would fit the mold of a developmental prospect who could blossom in college, as opposed to a 5-star prospect who expects to immediately push for playing time.

With the top 2018 prospects off the board, what's Alabama 2019 quarterback recruiting look like?

Alabama has already offered two in-state players -- Hewitt-Trussville's Paul Tyson, the great-grandson of legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant; and Thompson's Taulia Tagovailoa, Tua's younger brother. Both threw for more than 3,000 yards and 30 TDs in 2017 and are expected to be among the top Mr. Football candidates next season.

jbcarol

Four-star linebacker decommits from Alabama

QuoteFour-star Texas linebacker Vernon Jackson decommitted from the Crimson Tide Tuesday and won't sign with Alabama during National Signing Day on Wednesday, a source confirmed.

Jackson, who had been committed to the Tide since September, took an official visit to Alabama January 19. However, he visited Texas January 12, TCU January 26 and then Texas A&M this past weekend.

This means that the Tide has three players that remain committed heading into National Signing Day, though one -- four-star linebacker Quay Walker -- appears likely to sign elsewhere and another -- three-star tight end Michael Parker -- appears likely to be a blueshirt.

The news that Jackson won't sign with Alabama was first reported by SEC Country.

jbcarol

jbcarol