Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia baiting for Personal Fouls

Started by Flying Razorback, September 18, 2010, 05:59:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

Was it just me or did they seem to be taunting everyone they could to try and get someone to react and get a call?  I was afraid D.D. Jones or Joe Adams was going to get kicked out.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

ark525

I was very impressed when Jerry Franklin pushed DD Jones away when he got flagged.  Jones was definitely up, but Franklin got him out and you could tell was giving a good talking-to.  That guy knows what can happen when you lose your cool.

hawgsav1

They were definitely playing really dirty.  A lot of grabbing in the helmet area.  Pretty chippy game on both sides.

While DD Jones wasn't really doing much talking, Joe Adams was DEFINITELY doing his share of woofing.  I'm just glad things didn't get as heated as to get one of them tossed out.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

DeltaBoy

They were holding so bad that even the game announcers said something about it.

Cheap shots and lots of mouth by GA.  Glad we Won!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IronHog

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on September 18, 2010, 05:59:55 pm
Was it just me or did they seem to be taunting everyone they could to try and get someone to react and get a call?  I was afraid D.D. Jones or Joe Adams was going to get kicked out.

Dirty game.

Richt put his team in a can't lose situation. (Sun Tzu would call this "death ground" in the Art of War")

Didn't work.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hawgsav1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 18, 2010, 06:04:29 pm
They were holding so bad that even the game announcers said something about it.

Cheap shots and lots of mouth by GA.  Glad we Won!

THIS...I know we won the penalty yardage battle, but Georgia should have been flagged for a LOT more than they were flagged for.

Arazorbackguy1

Very dirty.  This is the reason why Franklin was kicked out last year.  Richt coaches his team to act like that.  Classless.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

truckfan2009

Quote from: IronHog on September 18, 2010, 06:04:51 pm

Dirty game.

Richt put his team in a can't lose situation. (Sun Tzu would call this "death ground" in the Art of War")

Didn't work.

This.

jrhardy88

At the game,not as bad as Florida game but refs definitely did not do us any favors.Great win in difficult circumstances,Georgia fans will now cry like b!tches after loss to "little ole Arkansas"
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

peckerwood#3

Quote from: ark525 on September 18, 2010, 06:01:34 pm
I was very impressed when Jerry Franklin pushed DD Jones away when he got flagged.  Jones was definitely up, but Franklin got him out and you could tell was giving a good talking-to.  That guy knows what can happen when you lose your cool.

your dang right, even though they still got the penalty, that shows great poise, composure and leadership from Franklin, it very well have been more had he not done that

DeltaBoy

Franklin had learned from last year and kept DD out of trouble.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

maddox073

our whole team needs an a#$ chewing at the next practice!  georgia was playing dirty but its always the second guy to react that gets caught and penalized!  dd jones, we had 15yds on them and he couldnt't walk away and penalties offset, huge blow in my book.  joe adams, gets hit late, can't hold emotions, 15yds on us in a very pivotal moment of the game!  bobby needs to have a "come to jesus meeting" with the team and try to eliminate alot of the stupid penalties, ie., personal fouls and false start with our veteran players

peckerwood#3

Quote from: maddox073 on September 18, 2010, 06:41:21 pm
our whole team needs an a#$ chewing at the next practice!  georgia was playing dirty but its always the second guy to react that gets caught and penalized!  dd jones, we had 15yds on them and he couldnt't walk away and penalties offset, huge blow in my book.  joe adams, gets hit late, can't hold emotions, 15yds on us in a very pivotal moment of the game!  bobby needs to have a "come to jesus meeting" with the team and try to eliminate alot of the stupid penalties, ie., personal fouls and false start with our veteran players

I like this, enjoy the victory tonight, but that needs to get addressed! I completely understand that emotions are tensions are sky high but they gotta think b4 they react. 

hoghearted

Our players are not usually so easily provoked. Makes me wonder just what was being said/done in the pile. Musta been pretty bad to get a rise out of Joe Adams.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

razorback1975

Sure seemed that way. I hate to say it and see it but, Joe Adams sure was doing a lot of "jawing" today.

Pigsknuckles

Definitely baiting, I agree. However, given last years events, I can't say I wouldn't have done it too. Unfortunately, Joe bit on it.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Cartoon Man

It wouldn't surprise me if they were coached to do it.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: minister on September 18, 2010, 07:34:54 pm

I'm glad almost everything I saw was reactionary and not prevocative from our players.  I saw a lot of Georgia players pushing on or butting helmets or getting extra shots in before getting shoved and running off with their hands over their heads.  I'm glad we aren't starting it.  I just hope that we can learn to keep it in check so we don't lose a game this year based off something stupid.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

hoghearted

Quote from: minister on September 18, 2010, 07:34:54 pm

Kind of what I was thinking. Though I'm sure 'Saint Mark' wouldn't dream of doing that! (sarcasm)
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

FATBACKHAWG

Quote from: hoghearted on September 18, 2010, 07:44:44 pm
Kind of what I was thinking. Though I'm sure 'Saint Mark' wouldn't dream of doing that! (sarcasm)

Ditto

jdelo77

The georgia DBs were freaking talking smack after getting owned by our WRs ...Joe would beat his man then the DB would talk smack to him after getting owned...

LilMissRazorback

I saw a lot of face masks from Georgia! They play dirty!  :razorback:

dhornjr1

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on September 18, 2010, 06:08:11 pm
Very dirty.  This is the reason why Franklin was kicked out last year.  Richt coaches his team to act like that.  Classless.

Exactly.

Which is why I find it peculiar when I hear people talk about how great a guy Richt is.

I used to respect him until he coached his entire team to run on the field after their first touchdown against Florida a few years ago. That was bush league and revealed what he really is about.

runhogsrun

Why did they not throw the Georgia player (Coleman?) out of the game for swinging and barely hitting our player?  The announcers said that it was a discresionary call.  I thought that when a player took a swing at another it was an automatic ejection?
Great Expectations

budcampbellfan

Georgia plays very dirty because they know the media loves them and who the refs will favor.  I don't know how many games it takes to convince some.  Home Depot money is big in the SEC and ESPN advertising.

Just my suspicions.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

hoghearted

Quote from: budcampbellfan on September 18, 2010, 08:21:34 pm
Georgia plays very dirty because they know the media loves them and who the refs will favor.  I don't know how many games it takes to convince some.  Home Depot money is big in the SEC and ESPN advertising.

Now how can you say that? You know you just sound like a typical delusional Hog fan with those crazy conspiracy theories.

hawgsav1

I don't think it's because Georgia is a "dirty" team in general.  Nevertheless, Georgia IS a desperate team, and attempting to intimidate via rough and dirty play is a hallmark.  Richt has used this before, primarily against UF.

budcampbellfan

Quote from: hoghearted on September 18, 2010, 08:23:03 pm
Now how can you say that? You know you just sound like a typical delusional Hog fan with those crazy conspiracy theories.
I'm not a member of the John Birch Society but I am a sympathizer. 8)
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

redeye

I wondered about this too and it makes sense when you think about it. After all, right or wrong, Mallett has a reputation for losing his composure in big road games. I mostly disagree with that assumption, but it would make sense for someone who believes it to try to rattle Mallett some.