Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BOT Power

Started by cjack, November 09, 2017, 09:16:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cjack

There are some here who said the BOT is powerless to Long/Bielema.  There are others that thought we'd see sportscenter level news.  It seems the reality fell somewhere in the middle. 

Personally I think the meeting today officially started the beginning of the end for both. 

Just wondering how everyone else feels about the real power of the BOT after today.   I understand officially they can't fire either one of them, but the vibe I got is an unhappy board will definitely lead to quick change.

Then again, maybe I'm just a dumb, fake fan that wants Bielema gone and the meeting was business as usual.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Lanny

Bot can fire the chancellor.  Who can fire the AD?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

rzrbkred

Then again, maybe I'm just a dumb, fake fan that wants Bielema gone and the meeting was business as usual.

Yep. Something like that.

Danny J

Quote from: Lanny on November 09, 2017, 09:18:53 pm
Yep...chit rolls down hill. We will know 100% after the Monday following the Mizzou game.

EastexHawg

I don't dream good enough to imagine what will happen if Long thinks the Board can't touch him.  It's like a captain saying the colonel is his boss, not the five star general.

grayhawg

Quote from: cjack on November 09, 2017, 09:16:52 pm
There are some here who said the BOT is powerless to Long/Bielema.  There are others that thought we'd see sportscenter level news.  It seems the reality fell somewhere in the middle. 

Personally I think the meeting today officially started the beginning of the end for both. 

Just wondering how everyone else feels about the real power of the BOT after today.   I understand officially they can't fire either one of them, but the vibe I got is an unhappy board will definitely lead to quick change.

Maybe so but I think they called Steinmetz in for a reason, probably something like "you need to make changes in the athletic dept"

island hog

where does your vibe that the BOT was unhappy today? From Hogville?

cjack

Quote from: island hog on November 09, 2017, 09:40:10 pm
where does your vibe that the BOT was unhappy today? From Hogville?

That was from the two emails I got from two of the board members.   
Woooo Pig Soooie!

island hog

Quote from: cjack on November 09, 2017, 09:45:08 pm
so, is there any other light you can shine on the situation then?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: grayhawg on November 09, 2017, 09:37:25 pm
Maybe so but I think they called Steinmetz in for a reason, probably something like "you need to make changes in the athletic dept"

?!!

He is the chancellor. He is responsible for the entire university and you believe they would only call him into a meeting about university business over the football team?!

Snowflake logic at its' finest.

cjack

Quote from: island hog on November 09, 2017, 09:48:19 pm
so, is there any other light you can shine on the situation then?

No. I don't have any sources.  I emailed everyone a couple days ago when the lists were put on here. I posted the responses I got in here.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

grayhawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 09, 2017, 09:51:24 pm
?!!

He is the chancellor. He is responsible for the entire university and you believe they would only call him into a meeting about university business over the football team?!

Snowflake logic at its' finest.
LOL  He is the guy who fires AD's.

cjack

Quote from: Lanny on November 09, 2017, 09:18:53 pm
The chancellor, and my view is the board turned up the heat on him. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Dark Helmet Hog

Those that control the flow of money have the power at the end of the day.

snoblind

Quote from: cjack on November 09, 2017, 09:45:08 pm

I received responses from those 2.  There are 2 others, most likely 3. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: grayhawg on November 09, 2017, 09:37:25 pm

That's the way it works.  The person who can fire him gets a clear message and the job is done.  Or else.

texas tush hog

Auburn has an opening, Jeffie. Ask Gus for a recomendation.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: grayhawg on November 09, 2017, 09:53:52 pm
LOL  He is the guy who fires AD's.

You said they called Steinmetz in "for a reason".

If the football program was in great shape, then Steinmetz would have been called in because the BOT is interested in the educational and financial performance of the entire university (endowments,etc) far and above anything happening in the athletic department.

Your assertion that they called Steinmetz in primarily to talk football is crazy.

It would take a snowflake to come up with "logic" like that.

grayhawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 09, 2017, 11:14:12 pm

If the football program was in great shape, then Steinmetz would have been called in because the BOT is interested in the educational and financial performance of the entire university (endowments,etc) far and above anything happening in the athletic department.

Your assertion that they called Steinmetz in primarily to talk football is crazy.

That's two times you have popped off about snowflake, let's see what happens sonny.

ricepig

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 09, 2017, 11:14:12 pm

I would imagine it was about a wide range of circumstances. The board has a new tenure policy to replace the previous one, and a few weeks ago, they thought they were going to vote on it, low and behold, the Fayetteville and LR campuses threw a monkey wrench into that. I bet a bunch of professors they can't fire rates right up there with a football team that can't win in order of heartburn for Trustees and administrators. Oh, football, expansion, and costs were discussed too.