Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dear Coach Petrino.............

Started by HogFanInBryant, November 20, 2010, 10:13:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

I would not trade you for any coach in the universe.  Thank you for coming here and thank you for putting us in a position to take this program to places it has never been.  When Florida, Michigan, or Penn St come calling with their $7million per year offers.....just remember that you are in a place where you are "THE MAN" in the eyes of the entire state.  I am 100% confident you will bring a BCS National Championship to Fayetteville in the very near future.

WOO FREAKING PIG SOOEEEEEY!!!!!!

Tick Hog

Tusks

dear cbp....where would you like your wal-mart?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawgon

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

pharm

I was mad when he did that to Knile Davis for the fumble. It was Petrino's conservative play calling at the end that put us in that situation. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Petrino fan, but Knile was just trying to get the first down.

deucea729

HogFanInBryant

are you mad that we are at 9 wins with 2 games to go?

Quote from: pharm on November 20, 2010, 10:21:24 pm
I was mad when he did that to Knile Davis for the fumble. It was Petrino's conservative play calling at the end that put us in that situation. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Petrino fan, but Knile was just trying to get the first down.

Turminator

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on November 20, 2010, 10:13:21 pm
I would not trade you for any coach in the universe.  Thank you for coming here and thank you for putting us in a position to take this program to places it has never been.  When Florida, Michigan, or Penn St come calling with their $7million per year offers.....just remember that you are in a place where you are "THE MAN" in the eyes of the entire state.  I am 100% confident you will bring a BCS National Championship to Fayetteville in the very near future.

I'm pretty critical of the team....   but i have to agree with THIS

jep_hog_fan

PS. Please don't ever let me accuse you of stealing Nutt's playbook ever again. I mean, 3 straight runs to start overtime with our Qb and receivers?

Hawgon

If I was a woman, I would want to have his babies.

heathtits

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on November 20, 2010, 10:24:12 pm
PS. Please don't ever let me accuse you of stealing Nutt's playbook ever again. I mean, 3 straight runs to start overtime with our Qb and receivers?

We weren't "starting" overtime.

MSU started and all we needed was a field goal. Why the F would he risk an interception/sack out of field goal range rather than run the ball and use the field goal to win the game?

Hocker just happened to miss.

heathtits

BTW love rooting for a team that finds ways to WIN rather than LOSE.

870hogfan

He only did that so we can get a field goal to win and it almost worked if he wouldve made the field goal...

RedAzz

I endorse this message. There are lots of things I'd like to say about what Bobby does to me but I save that kind of love for the Tavern.

HogFanInBryant

amen!  he did the smart thing......we make that fg 24 out of 25 times.....just got a bit rattled but we still won so it worked out bc our coach is a stud!

Quote from: heathtits on November 20, 2010, 10:26:46 pm
We weren't "starting" overtime.

MSU started and all we needed was a field goal. Why the F would he risk an interception/sack out of field goal range rather than run the ball and use the field goal to win the game?

Hocker just happened to miss.

HogFanInBryant

I have a rule in this post please................."NO NEGATIVE BOBBY TALK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawgon

You people are idiots.  Hocker has been so money all year that BP would have deserved to be taken out and shot if he had done anything other than set Hocker up for the field goal.

heathtits

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on November 20, 2010, 10:28:14 pm
amen!  he did the smart thing......we make that fg 24 out of 25 times.....just got a bit rattled but we still won so it worked out bc our coach is a stud!

Yeah, I hope the people who think that now feel as stupid as they should.

This isn't NCAA football like many want to believe, it's a real game with actual consequences for stupid/risky play calling.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: pharm on November 20, 2010, 10:21:24 pm

The first priority for any RB in that situation is ball protection. Petrino was playing conservative to eat clock and pin them deep. If his first priority was a first down then he wouldn't have been running in the first place.

Knile is a great RB and is just going to get better. He'll learn from this one.

Oliver

THIS

otownhawg

Quote from: Hawgon on November 20, 2010, 10:25:27 pm
If I was a woman, I would want to have his babies.

I'm a man and I would still have his babies!!! 

31to6

Dude. He played the 95% win. Center the ball and let your extremely accurate kicker win the game.

It was the right call.

WPS!

RazorBassin

Woooooooooo Pig Sooie....Wooooooooooooo Pig Sooie.........Wooooooooooo Pig Sooie...Razorbacks!!  Go Hogs!  Coach Petrino please stay here until you retire!  This state loves you!  Stay here and become a legend!

Pigneous Rock

El Puerco

I wouldn't have even run the ball three times.  Hocker has been nothing but money.  Id've sent him out on first down.
Petrino is as good as it gets.  If you don't get this, you should almost certainly sterilize yourself

RedAzz

Quote from: El Puerco on November 20, 2010, 10:34:42 pm
I wouldn't have even run the ball three times.  Hocker has been nothing but money.  Id've sent him out on first down.
Petrino is as good as it gets.  If you don't get this, you should almost certainly sterilize yourself

I was actually thinking this myself. Would've sucked getting a turnover before getting the FG attempt.

El Puerco

Quote from: RedAzz on November 20, 2010, 10:36:58 pm

I was actually thinking this myself. Would've sucked getting a turnover before getting the FG attempt.

In hindsight, three fumble chances weren't worth the 18 inches we gained.  At any rate, Petrino is THE MAN

gregsauls

He had faith in Hocker.  Only needed 3 to win.  This was only his 2nd miss of year. 

HogFanInBryant

In the famous words of the great Herm Edwards...."you play to win the game"..............guess what......thats what our coach does......and guess what......we now win games!

Am I the only one smelling some sugar right now kinda?

OMG.....please let us catch Boise St in the Sugar Bowl...........I want this to happen almost as bad as I wanted Jacksonville St to beat Ole Miss.........wow that happened didn't it?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog in MO

I'm as happy as a pig in "you know what" that we have nine wins right now, and I wouldn't trade Bobby for anybody in the world.  But I'm a little disappointed in the way he played that first OT.  Those were three throw away runs to set up a field goal - by a freshman kicker.  Yes, Hocker has been money all year - but how many field goals this year has he attempted in a situation like THAT?  MSU couldn't stop us in the 4th quarter - we were doing pretty much anything we wanted to at that point in the game. We should have at least tried to run our offense rather than assuming the field goal was a given.  And 80% of you would be in here saying the exact same thing if we hadn't managed to pull it out in the 2nd OT.

heathtits

Quote from: Hog in MO on November 20, 2010, 10:43:06 pm
I'm as happy as a pig in "you know what" that we have nine wins right now, and I wouldn't trade Bobby for anybody in the world.  But I'm a little disappointed in the way he played that first OT.  Those were three throw away runs to set up a field goal - by a freshman kicker.  Yes, Hocker has been money all year - but how many field goals this year has he attempted in a situation like THAT?  MSU couldn't stop us in the 4th quarter - we were doing pretty much anything we wanted to at that point in the game. We should have at least tried to run our offense rather than assuming the field goal was a given.  And 80% of you would be in here saying the exact same thing if we hadn't managed to pull it out in the 2nd OT.

Bottom line is Petrino had faith in him to make the kick.

Now that he missed it, you have the benefit of hindsite.

But in the same position, before the play, Petrino's call is the "I have a $2.7 million dollar job to do" call.

Yours is the "NCAA 11' vs your buddy" call.

El Puerco

Quote from: Hog in MO on November 20, 2010, 10:43:06 pm

No chance.  Hocker is dependable.  Had we thrown the ball across the middle...had a deflection and a pick your post would be asking why we didn't just run it up the middle and send Hocker out.  Petrino doesn't have the luxury of second guessing from his sofa.  You're in the wrong on this one.

HogKing111

5 years of BP would make the 10 years of Nutt worth it if having Nutt for 10 years was the only way we'd be in position to land BP when we did. If he does decide to leave and not retire at Arkansas, then I just hope he leaves the program with a coach who he is confident will continue the success that he started.

As far as his decisions tonight on our last drive of the 4th quarter and the first OT, his play calling was flawless IMO. In the 4th quarter, if Davis hangs on to the ball then MSU gets the ball back about on their 20 yard line with less than a minute left, which would mean game over we win. In OT, why would we not just rely on our great kicker in Hocker, who has been consistent from 30-50 yards all season? No need to put the ball in the air when your kicker is so solid. Hocker hooked it - what are you gonna do?

heathtits

Quote from: El Puerco on November 20, 2010, 10:45:38 pm
No chance.  Hocker is dependable.  Had we thrown the ball across the middle...had a deflection and a pick your post would be asking why we didn't just run it up the middle and send Hocker out.  Petrino doesn't have the luxury of second guessing from his sofa.  You're in the wrong on this one.

Yup.

Not surprising there is a small faction that "thinks" what they think is the right call though

heathtits

Yes its so hard having a coach that can actually think "ahead", and has a firm grasp on probability concepts. Factoring in those chances, the atmosphere, the road etc etc.

I never expected all of our fans to be able to. Gotta have wal-mart checkers and stuff out there.

RedAzz

Quote from: heathtits on November 20, 2010, 10:49:01 pm
Yes its so hard having a coach that can actually think "ahead", and has a firm grasp on probability concepts. Factoring in those chances, the atmosphere, the road etc etc.

I never expected all of our fans to be able to. Gotta have wal-mart checkers and stuff out there.

Remember, Petrino has two degrees, one in physical education...and one in math.

I will follow this man to the ends of the earth.

Hog in MO

Quote from: El Puerco on November 20, 2010, 10:45:38 pm

The man is not a god - he can make a mistake. And I can still think he is one of the greatest coaches in college football even though I think he made a mistake. There's more "second-guessing-from-the-sofa" done on this site than any i know of,  so I don't think I'm stepping out of the board's comfort zone by stating my opinion.

Arkiebrian

bubbafromSECF

Im glad petrino asked Knile how could he do that. It will build mental toughness and character. He will have 2 hands on the ball now.

fantom

That is almost word for word my letter to Santa Claus 'cept I also asked for a Red Rider BB gun.

heathtits

AR_dustoff

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 20, 2010, 10:29:33 pm
Knile is a great RB and is just going to get better. He'll learn from this one.

This!

I dont remember any other KD fumbles this year...were these his first 2? With the incredible last 5 or 6 games he's had, I'll take that.  The timing just sucked...team pulled together and won!  WPS

Cartoon Man

Masshog

Right call.... with the probabilities.... keep it in the center of the field and let your money kicker, who after 11 games isn't really much of a freshman anymore, win it. 
My feets hurt.