Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shorter Fields?

Started by PIGmalion, February 09, 2018, 12:56:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PIGmalion

It seems to me that the fields in races this year at Oaklawn are shorter, usually only 8-9 horses.  Arky-bred races seem to be the only ones filling up along with a couple of AE's. I know that 8-9 is a huge field at some tracks but Oaklawn has always seemed to average well above that. The first couple weeks of the meet had the bigger fields and I'm just wondering what happened.  Missing training due to weather? Running trainers off? Writing tougher restrictions? Someone in the know, please enlighten me.

heavylifting

Quote from: PIGmalion on February 09, 2018, 12:56:21 pm
Running trainers off?

I note where Jeff Talley won the 2nd race at Laurel on Friday. Anyone know why he isn't at Oaklawn?

HawgFan70

Oaklawn started the stricter drug testing last year. I thought that coupled with huge maiden specials purses would attract some better trainers, hasn't been the case. Oaklawn no:-)t having a turf course really hurts i wish so bad they had turf.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

jdelo77

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 18, 2018, 07:16:05 pm
Oaklawn started the stricter drug testing last year. I thought that coupled with huge maiden specials purses would attract some better trainers, hasn't been the case. Oaklawn no:-)t having a turf course really hurts i wish so bad they had turf.

Where Would you put a turf course ? It would take a total renovation ..

kingoftherapids

Quote from: jdelo77 on February 18, 2018, 07:51:49 pm
Where Would you put a turf course ? It would take a total renovation ..

actually, that isn't totally true. Young cella is very receptive to it.  heard they have drawings for one but they are never going to admit it and it wouldn't be a traditional oval. think of crossing over the main track.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on February 19, 2018, 02:48:47 am
actually, that isn't totally true. Young cella is very receptive to it.  heard they have drawings for one but they are never going to admit it and it wouldn't be a traditional oval. think of crossing over the main track.

Is Vic gone? Heard rumor while at the track that he is gone and it's not just that he is sick.

Russ22

Quote from: cbhawg03 on February 19, 2018, 09:21:45 am
Is Vic gone? Heard rumor while at the track that he is gone and it's not just that he is sick.
He is here today
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/