Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 09:44:58 am

Monk/Mason

Started by HogsBalls, February 08, 2018, 12:44:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsBalls

Sitting in the booth behind me at Mojito's in Rogers working over some poor lady for money to help fund either a tournament or the Hawks program. Marcus is decked out in Arkansas Hawks gear, Mason going with the business approach wearing a suit jacket.

klp1

You mean Wings ? Hawks are not associated with them

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: HogsBalls on February 08, 2018, 12:44:09 pm
Sitting in the booth behind me at Mojito's in Rogers working over some poor lady for money to help fund either a tournament or the Hawks program. Marcus is decked out in Arkansas Hawks gear, Mason going with the business approach wearing a suit jacket.
I love Mojitos. used to work across the street
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

widespreadsooie

USChog

Need to be hittin' up little bro for some of that NBA money. Wasn't that the point of going to UK?

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: USChog on February 08, 2018, 01:02:19 pm
Need to be hittin' up little bro for some of that NBA money. Wasn't that the point of going to UK?
Once Malik flames out, we need to get him on the sidelines to recruit the state. Who could have a better sales pitch for an in-state recruit than one who left and failed? Had he come here then flamed out, he'd still be taken care of.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

dawn2tusk

Can't stand Mason.  Why Ruskin keeps him around on the morning show is beyond me.  Would challenge them to come up with 1 combined minute of Mason speaking praise for Arkansas basketball and/or Mike Anderson since he's been on the program.  We suck when we lose and the other team suck when we win seem to be the theme.

HogsBalls

Quote from: klp1 on February 08, 2018, 12:50:59 pm
You mean Wings ? Hawks are not associated with them

Dang, you're right

jst01

Quote from: dawn2tusk on February 08, 2018, 02:05:52 pm
Can't stand Mason.  Why Ruskin keeps him around on the morning show is beyond me.  Would challenge them to come up with 1 combined minute of Mason speaking praise for Arkansas basketball and/or Mike Anderson since he's been on the program.  We suck when we lose and the other team suck when we win seem to be the theme.

speaking of that show,  I heard Ruskin say that he is leaving.  Anyone know if he said why or for what purpose? 

SemperHawg

Can't wait to hear Nick passive aggressively reference this thread's idea on the radio in the morning while at the same time dismissing "Message Boards" as something he doesn't even pay attention to.

RebHog

Quote from: jst01 on February 08, 2018, 03:49:39 pm
speaking of that show,  I heard Ruskin say that he is leaving.  Anyone know if he said why or for what purpose?

Said he has nothing new to bring to the table and wants to try something outside of radio.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on February 08, 2018, 01:16:07 pm
Once Malik flames out, we need to get him on the sidelines to recruit the state. Who could have a better sales pitch for an in-state recruit than one who left and failed? Had he come here then flamed out, he'd still be taken care of.

Think about what you just said there. You are saying we should put him on the sidelines to show players that not going to Arkansas can still lead you to a job as a recruiter for Arkansas?   So pretty much you are saying that you can leave and Arkansas will still help you. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: USChog on February 08, 2018, 01:02:19 pm
I'd of semi-quietly told him, shouldn't you be in [CENSORED] Kentucky, chump!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: RebHog on February 08, 2018, 04:34:24 pm
Said he has nothing new to bring to the table and wants to try something outside of radio.

I'm not so sure he ever brought anything to the table.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: dawn2tusk on February 08, 2018, 02:05:52 pm

He's been pretty good. 

Tusks

Monk shouldn't be anywhere wearing AR gear.  He changed his colors when he put his NBA-G leaguer in kentuckass blue.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rogersvillemohog

Nick Mason is still around? I used to religiously listen to him and Weimer religiously about five to six years ago, before Nick's head got too big basically got Steve fired (at least I believe that's how the story goes). I sure do miss the old 5k, but his relationship with the Monk's has turned me off big time. I seriously had no idea that Nick was still on the radio.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 08, 2018, 04:59:45 pm
I'd of semi-quietly told him, shouldn't you be in [CENSORED] Kentucky, chump!

I seriously wish someone would've. Are y there kids in Kentucky he can pimp for his business.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Pinto

You guys need to get a life...

Letsroll1200

widespreadsooie